Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Heard a radio ad there earlier and they pronounced it Booshum? I always thought it was pronounced Bo-yum?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Great food and nice staff.....especially the blonde on the till....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

biko wrote: »
    Heard a radio ad there earlier and they pronounced it Booshum? I always thought it was pronounced Bo-yum?

We always just say it like it's spelled!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I always sain boo-jum, j as the french say it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Arrgh, don't attempt to microwave the burrito bowl plastic box if you take it home for later, it melted for me and ruined my dinner.

Noooooooooooo

Appreciate the heads up, its a risk i never wanted to take

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Appreciate the heads up, its a risk i never wanted to take

read that in archers voice haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I don't think Archer would be in to ethnic foods. Pam on the other hand:

ibvwC0YRzd3Z8s.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 438 ✭✭Antifa161

Still waiting for the novelty factor to die down, the queues can be ridiculous... but at the same time they serve you awful quick.. not great when you're baked.

Couldn't make it to Boojum today? This is for you!

https://vimeo.com/75982212

A day well spent.

* Look out for Boojum burritos

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

^^ Video blocked for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,161 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

zero19 wrote: »
    ^^ Video blocked for me.

likewise

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Me too
    "This video contains content from EMI, Warner Chappell, SongsInTheKeyOfKnife, PEDL, PRS CS and UMPI, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

newkie wrote: »
    burrito film

tumblr_inline_mmr7u5q6481qz4rgp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

newkie wrote: »
    Couldn't make it to Boojum today? This is for you!

https://vimeo.com/75982212

A day well spent.

* Look out for Boojum burritos
    ...why did I watch all of that so intently?

Where is my life going?

The same place all our lives are going... Boojum! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Ill probably be shot for this but anyway, I went last week and I wasn't that impressed. I'd been listening to people going on about how good it was for weeks but it was only ok in my opinion. I got a burrito with mexican rice and beef. I definitely wouldn't pay €6 for it, thankfully I had a voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

It reminds me of the American Chipotle restaurants, same layout, similar menu (even the font), food tastes the same but surprisingly bigger portions...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

MadYaker wrote: »
    Ill probably be shot for this but anyway, I went last week and I wasn't that impressed. I'd been listening to people going on about how good it was for weeks but it was only ok in my opinion. I got a burrito with mexican rice and beef. I definitely wouldn't pay €6 for it, thankfully I had a voucher.

Your sort arent welcome in these here parts.

Your sort arent welcome in these here parts.

Sorry but I had to..

Try the chicken or the pork.

I wasn't so wild on the beef when I first had it. Now I'm a solid pork man... (that felt weird to write)

• Advertisement

Also don't be shy if you prefer it made in a different way, tell them. I think sometimes they go overboard on the meat which some people must appreciate. I actually prefer 1/3 rice, 1/3 bean, 1/3 meat with extra sour cream, cheese, and hot salsa. IMHO, it's a better balance. I think all the meats are good, but being freshly prepared the flavour does vary day to day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I have only tried the beef,which I didn't like the texture of, and the chilli con carne which is great.

Best one for me is a burrito bowl with brown rice, black beans, chilli con carne, sour cream, cheese, spicy salsa and lettuce.

I did try the hard tacos with pretty much the same as above and they were very tasty and crunchy but don't think you get about half as much as the bowl.

Have yet to eat the chicken or the pork.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wanna try and get to go here at some stage, it's been a while since I've had a burrito, and that was down in Dubbyland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

My current Boojum go to is:

Bowl with Mexican rice, pinto beans, barbacoa, sweetcorn and Roja salsa and a tiny bit of sour cream.

nomnomnomnomnomnomnomom.

Ridiculous amount of food for €5.50 (with a student card).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Seaneh wrote: »
    My current Boojum go to is:

Bowl with Mexican rice, pinto beans, barbacoa, sweetcorn and Roja salsa and a tiny bit of sour cream.

nomnomnomnomnomnomnomom.

Ridiculous amount of food for €5.50 (with a student card).
    I've settled on similar. I figure the bowl is kinder on innocent spectators than seeing me eat a burrito.

Mex rice, pinto beans, veg, guac (it is the stuff of dreams), mix of salsa verde and roja.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

I wasn't a fan of the beef but loved the chicken.... Pork next in line

Ah, I still love the task of eating a burrito. Nice and messy! :cool:

For me it's pork, lime & coriander rice, half pinto half black beans, corn salsa, tons of cheese and sour cream, and a wee spot of lettuce for texture. *drools uncontrollably*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Anyone else notice how they tend to be much more generous if you get the bowl as opposed to the actual burrito?

ciano1 wrote: »
    Anyone else notice how they tend to be much more generous if you get the bowl as opposed to the actual burrito?

To be fair there's only so much they can pack into a buritto before it's unmanageable. La Salsa pack theirs as full as possible and it's impossible to eat without the whole thing falling apart. Boojum pack it just the right way so you can eat it without resorting to using a knife and fork to scrape it off the plate.

• Advertisement

ciano1 wrote: »

surely thats because the bowl has far less restrictions? pile in all the stuff you want, you're paying after all! At least you wont have half of it spill on to your lap when it overflows from a tortilla wrap..theres only so much you can stuff in one of those!

Advertisement