Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,161 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

^^^ god dammit got there before me

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 438 ✭✭Antifa161

What's the story with the student discounts? Last time I went there were two of us but only one paying, and they wanted student cards off us both and then would only give us the discount on one burrito because I didn't have mine. What if one person wants to buy two burritos :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

....ahhhh entitlement :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

....ahhhh entitlement :pac:

I wouldn't agree with you there. 1 student card per 1 transaction IMHO. If the person with the student card is paying for both burritos then I don't see the problem. As said above, person could be eating 2 burritos (good luck with that!).

If I was paying for 2 items with a student card and they'd only discount for one, i'd only purchase the discounted one, unless they clearly stated "1 item per student card"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

I brought the mammy there a few weeks back and got student discount on both!

• Advertisement

Had my first bad burrito today. Person serving was new and made the blandest, most tasteless thing I've eaten in a long time. If I hadn't the beer to wash it down with I don't think is have been able to finish it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Only flaw I can find is that often you take a bite and its all rice while the next is all meat. they are in the shape of an oval so can be difficult to position it in a way that gives a good non meat fillings to meat ratio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Had my first bad burrito today. Person serving was new and made the blandest, most tasteless thing I've eaten in a long time. If I hadn't the beer to wash it down with I don't think is have been able to finish it all.

And did you mention it to the staff? No? So how are they supposed to correct that person and not serve bland burritos if they don't know they're serving them?

And did you mention it to the staff? No? So how are they supposed to correct that person and not serve bland burritos if they don't know they're serving them?

Actually I did mention and why wouldn't I?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Actually I did mention and why wouldn't I?

You didn't mention that you had and you said that you finished it, I wouldn't finish a bland tasteless food item I had paid for, I'd complain as soon as I realised it was crap and get it replaced, rather than wasting my money. Better to complain when you have proof, rather than saying "that was sh!te but I finished it anyway", suggesting it wasn't so bad.

• Advertisement

You didn't mention that you had and you said that you finished it, I wouldn't finish a bland tasteless food item I had paid for, I'd complain as soon as I realised it was crap and get it replaced, rather than wasting my money. Better to complain when you have proof, rather than saying "that was sh!te but I finished it anyway", suggesting it wasn't so bad.

Do people really need everything every detail pointed out to them including the obvious. It was a bad burrito but it was the only one out of 20 or so I've eaten there that was poor and given that I've had a free one on them and the girl serving was new I wasn't going to make a big deal about it. I explained to them that it wasn't a great one and were it my first time I proberly wouldn't have been back but that it wasn't a major issue and everyone is entitled to a mistake now and again. They were very understanding and nice about it and I'm sure I could have got a refund or a new one but at the end of the day it was one bland buritto and lets be honest there are far worse ways that bad Mexican food can affect you

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Going for a burrito now.
    Just to let everyone know like :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

You tease :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I cheated on Boojum last night with another burrito place.

Honestly, the worst burrito I've ever had. I would have patronised this place a lot in the past and I don't remember ever getting such a bad burrito.

I hope Boojum takes me back.

Enjoy, Biko. I only hate you a little bit.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

biko wrote: »
    Going for a burrito now.

Phew, left just in time :pac:

Seriously, why are these lads not on just-eat yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Antifa161 wrote: »
    Seriously, why are these lads not on just-eat yet?
    They (I believe) said they won't deliver because the burritos don't travel well. Same would go for pretty much everything except for the burrito bowls, really.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's a shame, but that's fair enough really.

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    They (I believe) said they won't deliver because the burritos don't travel well. Same would go for pretty much everything except for the burrito bowls, really.
    That's nonsense though. For starters La Salsa manage it just fine (not starting a Boojum v Salsa debate, but La Salsa's delivered wraps are no different to ones you collect and eat straight away). Second, I've kept my Boojum food sealed in the foil wrap for almost an hour before eating it and it's also been completely fine. Considering a delivery would be expected in <45 mins I really can't see how this reasoning works.

The only thing I can think of is that their in-house turnover is so quick they don't want to slow that down with orders for delivery, although they could just have one person doing delivery orders in the back or something. Still, it seems like a very poor business decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Antifa161 wrote: »
    That's nonsense though. For starters La Salsa manage it just fine (not starting a Boojum v Salsa debate, but La Salsa's delivered wraps are no different to ones you collect and eat straight away). Second, I've kept my Boojum food sealed in the foil wrap for almost an hour before eating it and it's also been completely fine. Considering a delivery would be expected in <45 mins I really can't see how this reasoning works.

The only thing I can think of is that their in-house turnover is so quick they don't want to slow that down with orders for delivery, although they could just have one person doing delivery orders in the back or something. Still, it seems like a very poor business decision.

Higher costs and lower margin in working with one of the food to order sites, increased staff costs too. Plus their delivery times would be in line with their business hours which arent exactly peak delivery times i.e Sunday evenings or Friday night etc. La Salsa do it cos they need the business :cool:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Had a burrito yday, delicious.. chilli con carne, mexican rice and cheese

Staff in there are so smiley ha

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

wprathead wrote: »
    Staff in there are so smiley ha

To be honest it scares me sometimes. Although that blondie 'wan has a lovely smile

Higher costs and lower margin in working with one of the food to order sites, increased staff costs too.
    Well obviously they would raise the prices for delivery.
    Plus their delivery times would be in line with their business hours which arent exactly peak delivery times i.e Sunday evenings or Friday night etc.
    I always assumed JustEat etc took a cut of the revenue rather than charged a fixed fee per week though?
    La Salsa do it cos they need the business :cool:.
    They did it before everyone jumped on the Boojum bandwagon, and you can't tell me Boojum don't want extra profits...

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭popepaisley1

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

doesnt stop charcoal grill, or eddie rockets.

So what? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭breadmonster

taste good but i always get a dose of the ****s after this place
    probably doesnt agree with me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭Laviski

Everyone needs a good clearout :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

cork_2.jpg

I've a few of these lying around the house, that you can borrow... :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

JohnCleary wrote: »
    To be honest it scares me sometimes. Although that blondie 'wan has a lovely smile

Very talented!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

STAY AWAY FROM THE LITTLE BLONDE!!!

I love her!

Advertisement