Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Getting creepy now, guys...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    Getting creepy now, guys...

I only want to hold her hand, and take her on nice dates.

Honest.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Between this and the picture of the girl in the Christmas beer tent its seriously creepy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

/Perv chat ends. Back to burritos.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Was in there earlier, sooooo good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Boojum are having a charity day today for Movember. All burritos are 3.50e if you print the moustache off their facebook page. (Or have one on your face).

Will be heading down myself later.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

They charged me full price even though I have a lot more hair than face visible but I didn't bother arguing about it.
    To add insult to injury I couldn't find my loyalty card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

They charged me full price even though I have a lot more hair than face visible but I didn't bother arguing about it.
    To add insult to injury I couldn't find my loyalty card.

If that happens again, start a new card, they'll combine them! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Anyone notice the price increase? 6.50 now for a Chicken Burrito, no extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Nope, much as a love it Mexican food just isn't festive.

So let's see, online their menu online still says 6.25 pollo, 6.45 beef, 6.45 pork.

So have they gone up .25p? Or all they all now just €6.50?

Online still says salsa, sour cream, and cheese are free. When you say "no extras", has there been a change? Certain items were always extra ( jalapeños, guacamole, sautéed onion/peppers ).

Lastly, does anyone know if they ever got that margaritas machine or did they just give up on that?

• Advertisement

newkie wrote: »
    Nope, much as a love it Mexican food just isn't festive.

So let's see, online their menu online still says 6.25 pollo, 6.45 beef, 6.45 pork.

So have they gone up .25p? Or all they all now just €6.50?

Online still says salsa, sour cream, and cheese are free. When you say "no extras", has there been a change? Certain items were always extra ( jalapeños, guacamole, sautéed onion/peppers ).

Lastly, does anyone know if they ever got that margaritas machine or did they just give up on that?

Only noticed the price when went to till so didn't check the others.

When I say no extras, I mean I got no extras! Extras being additional items at an additional cost. (jalapeños, guacamole, sautéed onion/peppers).

Salsa, Sour cream, and Cheese are free and I would not say they are extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Does anyone know the opening hours over Christmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,482 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Is it open today?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Probably just me but the over zealous "banter" from one particular server is getting pretty annoying.

Telling me that because I ordered the chili con carne burrito and that it's so messy clothes I don't even have on are going to be dirty. "You'll pull out clean socks tomorrow and they'll have chili on them" what?

Was considering trying the chorizo discussing with my friend when he piped in with "DUDE! Yes!.....just....Yes...."

Theres plenty more where you leave the place shaking your head going what was that guy on.

Stop talking so much and give me by burrito.

That said foods still great and will continue to listen to this stuff as long as I get my feed!

Seems like something to have mentioned in person. No point in petty bitching here every time we encounter a server or waiter we don't like.

If it was worth posting here maybe you should post to the Boojum's Galway Facebook page or email them something like: "I appreciate this guy's enthusiasm but, seriously, no more coffee. Hope he calms down so I can just my food next time"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

They use a stereotypical American approach to taking orders,which doesn't really work here.Still,for the sake of talking ****e for a minute it's worth it for the food.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I liked him myself. Suppose it might get a bit annoying after a while, but I don't really get to go in all that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

It's not just you. He's a nice guy but christ I went in when it was quiet one time and I thought he was actually on speed. He was shouting DUDE this and DUDE that. Is it cold out DUDE or what?? I'd had a long day and I wasn't able for this carry on at all. To be fair he eventually said I'll shut up and get your food. Even the other servers looked relieved. I'd say he's a sound bloke and I'll admit I can be a miserable b*stard at times, but 'twas definitely way OTT. I go the States a lot so am no stranger to over-enthusiastic staff, but this was another level. But leaving the place all I was thinking was that burrito was bloody gorgeous. So unless he throws it at me I wouldn't complain.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Know the guy you're on about, and yes, he's unbelievably annoying. He talks way too much and tries to be funny and fails miserably. One of the few drawbacks of the place.

Just give me my food and shut up please. Thanks.

• Advertisement

While it's nice to see someone genuinely enjoy their job he can be a bit much. Still I'd much rather a member of staff like him than the dreary, depressed and uninterested staff we see in most places.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Gonna ask y'all to discontinue this line of chatter, Galway's not a big place.

Boojum loves Galway. We'll give you a free burrito on the 22nd February to prove it. 1 free burrito per person.

Facebook Event Link

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Is it during the whole day, or only at twelve?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Still haven't tried boojum. Maybe tomorrow when I'm around. If I can persuade the others. Am hearing nothing but good things about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Mother of Christ, got my fill yesterday before heading out for the night. Goddamned delicious Burrito bowl... It had been too long... :pac:

I am sorely tempted to stay up the weekend of the 22nd for that burrito.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Free Burrito before hitting the pub for Ireland v England, now that's marketing :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I've yet to even set foot in the place. Could be a good baptism of fire. :cool:

• Advertisement

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Boojum. Mexican rolls!

lol. decided to respond to the best rolls here. Took my Killarney brethren there this weekend. Everyone heartily approved. It's a great feed.

I asked about the margaritas machine: never going to happen. Older Boojum's with the machines feel under older licensing rules so Galway is screwed. However, they finally had Negro Modelo in stock!

In case anyone is interested, I found this place on ebay which sells the same hot sauces and more: http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/chillibugs-hot-sauces-ltd

Advertisement