Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Very important question :)

Is it just on at twelve, or is it on all day?

I reckon just twelve.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,161 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

its from 12.00-18.00.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

GalwayGuy2 wrote: »
    Very important question :)

Is it just on at twelve, or is it on all day?

I reckon just twelve.
    How the **** would it be just on at 12, what are they gonna do, have a queue going down to the Claddagh of 2500 people!!!!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭Guffy

Boojum be bankrupt on sunday

queues well be mental I'd say... not worth it for a sake of 6 or 7 euro. On other hand place be empty sunday.... no queue yay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Got a Boojum on Monday evening. Brought it home and chilled it quickly in the freezer, then fridge (rice etc). Brought it into work yesterday for lunch.

Yesterday was a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

J o e wrote: »
    chilled it quickly in the freezer

Isn't that meant to be a bad idea? Shouldn't you let food you are going to refrigerate cool naturally? Always what I thought, but open to correction.

Hope the event goes well for Boojum anyway.

No that's a bit of a misunderstood myth. The issue there is that you'll warm up the fridge or freezer so could bring the temperature up of other chilled items beside what you've put in. There was nothing next to the burrito.

You want to chill rice quickly as bacillus cereus will germinate generally between 10°C and 50°C so the quicker you get it chilled from above 50°C to under 10°C the better really.

It was delicious and I didn't get sick. ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I couldn't count just how many bacillus cereus I have consumed, or whether any of them survive the re-heating process. :P

I couldn't count just how many bacillus cereus I have consumed, or whether any of them survive the re-heating process. :P

Bacillus cereus spores don't generally get killed by re-heating, it's all about the cooling! I didn't reheat my Boojum, it tasted great cold.

Anyway, off topic... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is there any point in even going to this? The queues are going to be absolutely massive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Im going to get so many free ones

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ignoring the "One per person" rule then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Angron wrote: »
    Ignoring the "One per person" rule then?

U better believe it. gonna eat boojum till i explode

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ok then, another way: They'll recognise the same person going up several times.

Really? If you get one and then show up an hour later wearing a hat I seriously doubt they will recognise you consider the number of people that will be coming and going.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

ChilliBurritoWithMexicanRice

/droolsalloverself

MadYaker wrote: »
    Really? If you get one and then show up an hour later wearing a hat I seriously doubt they will recognise you consider the number of people that will be coming and going.
    They'll be expecting people trying to take advantage of their offer, I'd be more surprised if they didn't have some method of keeping track of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Angron wrote: »
    Ok then, another way: They'll recognise the same person going up several times.

If you could manage several burritos and not explode, you deserve it and the t-shirt.

To be honest I don't think id want to try and eat more than 2 in a 6 hour period anyway, probably wouldn't end well.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

MadYaker wrote: »
    To be honest I don't think id want to try and eat more than 2 in a 6 hour period anyway, probably wouldn't end well.
    I'd be willing to put myself forward for this experiment though, for science. Delicious, delicious science.

• Advertisement

I've seen a number of posts on Facebook and here about how people plan to abuse the offer and get as many free as they can. Honestly, it just sounds really sad and pathetic the way people can't help but want to abuse any offer they come across. It's like when someone posts a mid price in bargain alerts and you get a number of dick heads ordering 10 or 20 or the item and then crying to Joe Duffy when they don't get their 20 smart TVs for €3 a piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Wonder when would be the best time to go down?

It will be a mad house there tomorrow. Wonder will a burrito bowl be free? Hope it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Their portion size was really small today. Disappointed a bit. Perhaps they are stockpiling for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭Guffy

Queue will b massive I can't see many queuing twice tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Im expecting tomorrow to be a lot of premade burritos with little choice. I cant see them being able to churn them out fast enough otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Anyone know what there system will be? Do you just go in and ask for a free burrito?

I reckon it will be done by one, I'd say they're underestimating how many people will show up, queue will be out the door without a doubt. Between all the people who are already planning on going and how many will show up after word spreads it will probably be well over a thousand showing up in the first few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Im expecting tomorrow to be a lot of premade burritos with little choice. I cant see them being able to churn them out fast enough otherwise.

I somehow doubt they will compromise their quality for the sake of quantity.

If you go down there, it's because an hour of your time is worth less than a burrito.

I'd imagine it's in their interest to slow the outflow of burritos. Also no point doing a promo and giving someone a meh burrito.

• Advertisement

Just saw photo on FB of queue going back to the new cinema site!

Advertisement