Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

The queue

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

The dude in red that just arrived looks a bit pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Just back. They have 4 or 5 staff at the counter making the burritos and since there's no need to pay, they're flying out the door!

NOM!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

ciano1 wrote: »
    Just back. They have 4 or 5 staff at the counter making the burritos and since there's no need to pay, they're flying out the door!

NOM!

How long were you queuing?

I got there at like 11:40 and there were only about 12 queueing already. They opened up at like 12:05 and I got served pretty quickly.

Queue is moving pretty swiftly though, much faster than on a normal day.
    They have free jalapenos on the tables too :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Got a burrito bowl! Arrived at 12:15 and took about 40 mins. Sadly no guacamole but jalapenos are on the tables.

I managed to spell both of those words without spell check first time somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Not worth queuing that long for a free burrito.I'll gladly wait until tomorrow and pay a fiver it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Queuing 40 mins to save a few euro is not worth it imo. It's a great deal though if you have nothing for doing and short on Euro!

El_Drago wrote: »
    Not worth queuing that long for a free burrito.I'll gladly wait until tomorrow and pay a fiver it.

Is there another deal on tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

jenno86 wrote: »
    Is there another deal on tomorrow?

No, I think they mean that they would prefer to pay the fiver, not queue for ages and get exactly what they want.

• Advertisement

No, I think they mean that they would prefer to pay the fiver, not queue for ages and get exactly what they want.

Ah right, thats fair enough. I probably won't have today either but there was someone with me that wanted to.

You could get exactly what you wanted today too, they were not pre made or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Went in for about half 1. Raining slightly, and queue was past the Indian restaurant. Moved really quickly so was only queuing for about 10-15 minutes. Served incredibly quickly as well. They were like machines behind the counter. Nom! Free Burrito!!!

So if any of the staff are reading this. Thanks so much. Ye made a fiesty little ginger man very happy today. :pac:

So if any of the staff are reading this. Thanks so much. Ye made a fiesty little ginger man very happy today. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭GalwayGuy2

Got it today :)

The staff were brill and I did like it...

But, none of the ingredients were mixed within the burrito and the beef was quite dry.

I'd definitely go again, but just thought I'd comment on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

Yep there today - good but not great,

but hey they may get better with time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Supermac's Eyre Square has added Habaneros Fresh Mexican Grill to the menu. Noted today on Advertiser and from their Facebook page. They practically ripped off the menu including burrito bowls. I can't imagine Boojum having much to worry about. Still I wonder if this could prove popular?

Nothing beats a burritos at 2am as the ultimate drunk food. This could revolutionize mexican food's place in irish culture for all time.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

Supermac's Eyre Square has added Habaneros Fresh Mexican Grill to the menu. Noted today on Advertiser and from their Facebook page. They practically ripped off the menu including burrito bowls. I can't imagine Boojum having much to worry about. Still I wonder if this could prove popular?

Nothing beats a burritos at 2am as the ultimate drunk food. This could revolutionize mexican food's place in irish culture for all time.

I saw it when I ran in to use the loo the other day, it'll be interesting to try alright but I've a feeling they won't be anywhere as nice as boojum's, you also can't get beer there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I tried the quesadillas, something which boojum don't do. I liked it and would go again.

Quesadillas are super easy to do at home. Tortilla, diced chicken, cheese, and dry cook in a large fry pan. Flip and serve with sour cream and salsa. Makes a super quick dinner / snack.

We've started doing mexican at home once a week. I was super-happy to find my favourite hot sauce on sale from Amazon: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005X828SQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

PS: Last time I was in Boojum it seemed like all the hot sauces were near empty and lots weren't there. Hopefully they restocked or I might have to start carrying my own bottle.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I went to Habaneros after a night out and was so happy to see that I could get a burrito bowl instead of chips.

It's expensive and the food is a bit sad compared to Boojum. Nothing tastes as fresh.

They charge for guac with veggie meals, which is a cardinal sin. I asked if I could get half of one salsa and half of another and they said grand but charged me for extra salsa.

A single veggie burrito ended up being about 8e before I realised it, which is madness.

Back to boojum, I've noticed they're slipping keeping all the table sauces stocked the last few times I've been there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

Never mind the sauces, the last 2 times Ive been there there has been no pork or beef left.....saying that I still love the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭Guffy

First time in there for a bit today. No sauces left... well 3 on most tables but a lot of empty and couldn't find chiptole on any table, just empty bottles :( still nice like but anyway.

what's the diff between their fajita and burrito?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭jh79

gufc21 wrote: »
    First time in there for a bit today. No sauces left... well 3 on most tables but a lot of empty and couldn't find chiptole on any table, just empty bottles :( still nice like but anyway.

Burrito has beans in it, kinda pointless asking for either one order a fajita you'll be asked if you want beans anyway.

Damn, I will bring my own bottle! Guess they're hung up on a delivery.

Galway, here is your mission: report back when Boojum restocked their hot sauces.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Fajita has onions and peppers and no beans, Burrito has beans and no onions and peppers.

was offered beans but peppers and onions are 70 cent extra

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Fajita has onions and peppers and no beans, Burrito has beans and no onions and peppers.

The veg burrito has the onions and peppers as 'the veg' :)

inisboffin wrote: »
    The veg burrito has the onions and peppers as 'the veg' :)

Ya but there is still no meat right :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Hence the name Veg burrito!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

That's the point. if you want a meat burrito, you can get veg in it too, just ask, it's a few cents extra.

Advertisement