Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

http://www.whatsfordinner.ie/restaurants-in-galway-homeplate-take-away.html
    Don't open till 4 though so no lunch delivered Boojum for the 30 or so people in my office anxiously waiting for this :(

HB

• Registered Users Posts: 8,084 ✭✭✭Guffy

hamsterboy wrote: »
    Don't open till 4 though so no lunch delivered Boojum for the 30 or so people in my office anxiously waiting for this :(

HB

But you can order it for 5 for everyone to bring home with them ;)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

One thing though - I mean, you get your meat, then all the salad, yer salsa, yer sour cream, guacamole etc.
    By the time you make it from paying to table, it's kinda lukewarm...
    Would adding delivery on top of that not have it just out and out cold?

One thing though - I mean, you get your meat, then all the salad, yer salsa, yer sour cream, guacamole etc.
    By the time you make it from paying to table, it's kinda lukewarm...
    Would adding delivery on top of that not have it just out and out cold?

Something I've been thinkin about too

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭boardzz

I think it will be cold. La Salsa always have cold deliveries.

• Advertisement

I brought one home awhile back for my brother and by the time II gave it to him it was a cold and soggy mess.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've gotten a burrito there before and walked home to eat it, never found it to be particularly cold. Of course I also only live about 2 minutes away from boojum, so that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

When they opened I asked about delivery and they were concerned about it not being the quality they wanted by the time it reached your door. Buy by all means, nuke it in the microwave man! Even if it is half as good, you're still way ahead of La Salsa.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

hamsterboy wrote: »

HB
    Possibly if you can promise 30 or more orders at the same time whatsfordinner will make an exception. Ring them and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭Fooker

Is it just me or are the portions about half of what they used to be? :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Got it delivered a few times now. Kinda makes their previous excuses about it "not keeping" look a bit silly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

And how did it travel? Far to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Red Pepper

Fooker wrote: »
    Is it just me or are the portions about half of what they used to be? :(

Are you twice as big as you used to be? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

J o e wrote: »
    And how did it travel? Far to go?
    Newcastle/Westside. Took a while arriving so presumably stuck in traffic too. I even left one and reheated it later that evening. Burritos are not exactly the most delicate of cuisine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

I'm in Galway fairly regularly and often call here for a fix when passing. Quality has gone downhill a fair bit in the last while imo. Not half as big or tasty as they used to be. The one I had last week was very bland. Dominant flavour was sour cream. No sauces on most of the tables and spicy it was not. Not sure the meat is great either. There is slow cooked , and then there is just flavourless mush. For something that used to be so good, it has been disappointing the ast few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

vkid wrote: »
    I'm in Galway fairly regularly and often call here for a fix when passing. Quality has gone downhill a fair bit in the last while imo. Not half as big or tasty as they used to be. The one I had last week was very bland. Dominant flavour was sour cream. No sauces on most of the tables and spicy it was not. Not sure the meat is great either. There is slow cooked , and then there is just flavourless mush. For something that used to be so good, it has been disappointing the ast few times.

Definitely gone downhill, I get a Burrito Bowl with extra meat (pork/beef, pork/chicken) and you never get "extra". You get the same amount of you ask for just one meat and they charge an extra €2.

I was in there one Sunday around 7pm and everything was cleared out, not a drink in the fridges and very little selection left and a staff member was behind the counter giving out about it herself and blaming the management, like only order once a week etc.

It has definitely lost some of its shine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

On the flip side, I eat there infrequently, but as good as it ever was last time I ate there about a week ago! I have noticed though that eating there later in the evening is often not great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Anyone else find the chicken to be a bit fatty?

Not been there in awhile but that last few times the food was poor and they seemed to have run out if pretty much everything. The lack condiments on the tables was noticeable and to honest, I'm in no hurry to go back which is surprising given how much I love Mexican food.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had a pork burrito yesterday about 7:15pm, good as always, full range of meats, rice, veg and accompaniments. No shortages.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Haven't been there in months, and have a free burrito on my card....someday I'll be craving the salt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

have a free burrito on my card....

Good christ... How can you resist?

1bec62a5_ds_img_direct.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Had my first Boojum in months yesterday evening. Was as good as always, fully loaded portions and all options available.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

They are giving all money taken on a day in the first week of December to the Make A Wish foundation, was up on one of the various local media FB pages during the week, cant find it now though, might have been Dec 5th.

Still awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

anyone know why they won't add crushed tortillas like the other places?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    What other places?

and

I keep forgetting it's there.
    Off Quay Street Syndrome.

^
    What other places?
    /QUOTE]

Ok well not in Galway but at least in Dublin most of the other burrito places will add it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^
    What other places?
    /QUOTE]

Ok well not in Galway but at least in Dublin most of the other burrito places will add it for you.

Bring us a couple down next time you visit.

• Advertisement

Bring us a couple down next time you visit.

k

Advertisement