Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

These other places are probably a different chain with a different take on Mexican food.
    You can probably just ask for a shell and crush it yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

biko wrote: »
    These other places are probably a different chain with a different take on Mexican food.
    You can probably just ask for a shell and crush it yourself.

true enough.

It's messy though. Once you unwrap the burrito it's hard to keep it from falling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

anyone know why they won't add crushed tortillas like the other places?

Because that's not a thing mexicans do? Boojum is close to the real deal from the taquerias I've been to in Mexico and California.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

true enough.

It's messy though. Once you unwrap the burrito it's hard to keep it from falling out.

I suppose as it's not something they offer (lack of demand maybe?) it'd slow down the production line when it's busy. BUT they're pretty sound in there, bar the odd grumpy soul, so would probably accommodate you when it's not so busy.

I suppose as it's not something they offer (lack of demand maybe?) it'd slow down the production line when it's busy. BUT they're pretty sound in there, bar the odd grumpy soul, so would probably accommodate you when it's not so busy.

The reason they don't do it is because "a customer choked on it in one of the other restaurants" or "it can cut the back of your throat and is dangerous" or "it's not authentic enough" or "the cost would be too much". Those are four excuses I was given when I asked about it as most other Mexican places ask if you want one broken up into your burrito and it can be quite tasty

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

The reason they don't do it is because "a customer choked on it in one of the other restaurants" or "it can cut the back of your throat and is dangerous" or "it's not authentic enough" or "the cost would be too much". Those are four excuses I was given when I asked about it as most other Mexican places ask if you want one broken up into your burrito and it can be quite tasty

Right, so a big, fat, no fuckin way, then.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Intifada

Because that's not a thing mexicans do? Boojum is close to the real deal from the taquerias I've been to in Mexico and California.
    What abysmal reasoning. I bet you eat chinese with chopsticks too :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

I was in Boojums twice after hearing the rave reviews on here. I thought it was nice but I did think the food was a bit cold and I was eating on premises. I like my food to be piping hot.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Finally have enough stamps to get my free t-shirt :D

Advertisement