Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

inisboffin wrote: »
    Although I'm sure they will get a lot of comments from disappointed walkups.

I wonder? Sunday is the only day they close early, and I'd always be under the assumption that operating times on a sunday can be odd for most places, be it hospitality, retail, transportation.
    That said, they really could do with having their trading hours on the door/window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

I wonder? Sunday is the only day they close early, and I'd always be under the assumption that operating times on a sunday can be odd for most places, be it hospitality, retail, transportation.
    That said, they really could do with having their trading hours on the door/window.

Well, as I said, when I was there for all of 30 seconds, four other people walked up (2 groups at least) and walked away muttering.
    If somewhere doesn't serve alcohol one might assume it closes earlier on a Sunday (like a tea shop/cafe, but people even give out about those in Salthill), but I think it's reasonable to assume somewhere like this is open until 8 in my books anyway.
    Locals like us will cop on eventually, but people who were 'sent' there while in town won't.

Hours on the door are a must too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

inisboffin wrote: »
    Their footfall crowd in Dublin would be very different to here. Their walk-by lunch trade is the biggest. Not sure about Belfast, I haven't been to that one. Fair enough if it's a company thing, we'll get used to it :D Although I'm sure they will get a lot of comments from disappointed walkups.

Botanic Ave (the original one) has only just recently started opening 1-6 (or something like that) on a Sunday, the one in the city centre has opened a half day Sun sonce it opened...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Treadhead wrote: »
    Botanic Ave (the original one) has only just recently started opening 1-6 (or something like that) on a Sunday, the one in the city centre has opened a half day Sun sonce it opened...

You have to remember that Sunday opening for retail and hospitality is very different/limited up North though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

Its exactly like all the burrito places in Dublin. I am happy

• Advertisement

Yep, their main trade in (Dublin) town us walk by and the office//lunch criwd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

As inisboffin said the regulations are totally different up North. The times really do need to be put on the window. Technically a menu is supposed to be visible before you enter as well but I'm sure they will sort things out.
    They were probably trying to get it open as quickly as possible. A lot of work needed to be put into that premises to get it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

had to laugh at their loyalty card, 40 stamps for a free t-shirt. my husband said he wants one, I just hope they have the bigger sizes by the time he's eaten 40 burritos!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

It's a bonus to the free burrito you get after every 10 stamps :D

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

Well here are links to the about page / opening times on facebook and a link to the Galway Branch Menu. This is the internet after all and it may come in handy for other boards users.

Contact/opening Times (facebook)

Menu

(if doing this is ok mods?)

• Advertisement

Used to be 30 stamps for a shirt.... nearly have my second, and the wife is just about to get one! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Used to be 30 stamps for a shirt.... nearly have my second, and the wife is just about to get one! ;)

I would never take a tshirt when I could have free food! :D

You get both! :D A free boojum for every 10 stamps, and a t-shirt for the full card...

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

Ficheall wrote: »
    I could have eaten a second burrito, they were very delicious and not quite as big as La Salsa's. Lovely staff too, though I don't know if their "production chain" at the counter is the most efficient. Will definitely eat there again.

They still se to be doing training been in a few times, sometimes really fast sometimes slower but the staff all have to learn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

went in today. had burrito with beef, was delicious! staff are beyond friendly! shall be visiting soon again!

You get both! :D A free boojum for every 10 stamps, and a t-shirt for the full card...

Ohhhh, I seeee.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I wish they did a side of rice and beans for when you're not in the mood for a whole burrito. I guess the burrito bowl is the closest you would get to that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I wish they did a side of rice and beans for when you're not in the mood for a whole burrito. I guess the burrito bowl is the closest you would get to that.

I'm tempted to email them this, a little plate of rice, black beans and barbacoa would be lovely as a quick lunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »

Try the nachos? Has anyone tried them yet? I wonder if they come with guacamole??

newkie wrote: »
    Try the nachos? Has anyone tried them yet? I wonder if they come with guacamole??

Had nachos, they were pretty good.

• Advertisement

Had nachos, they were pretty good.

That was fast but the hive mind demands details! Did they come with beans? Guacamole? Hopefully they can charge extras when requested. I could see adding beans/guac to nachos to make them a meal. I would see ordering chips and guacamole plus a side (or two) of salsa. My first impression is they would be flexible. I hope so as I'm just biding my time until I can go again.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I had a plate of nachos with the queso. It was nice. Spicy cheese sauce. Didn't have it with anything else though.

Yes! I forgot they had cheese queso (or as I call it, "White trash dip"). It's not on their menu online but I noticed the sign. Another great snack to share with a beer.

Their website said something suspicious about not serving alcohol without a main meal. I would hope the likes of chips & salsa, the queso, or nachos would qualify as they go great with beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Had some Boojum this evening. While the quality is good, La Salsa's burritos definitely contain more.

Was very impressed by one thing though. The girl served a meat burrito to the customer ahead of me and then changed gloves to make mine as it was vegetarian. About time someone in the catering industry did that for me without me having to ask.

Re the nachos. Think the nachos are 2.50 on their won but 2.95 with salsa or 3.25 with guacamole. Something like that anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

kraggy wrote: »
    Was very impressed by one thing though. The girl served a meat burrito to the customer ahead of me and then changed gloves to make mine as it was vegetarian. About time someone in the catering industry did that for me without me having to ask.
    Aye, the guy serving me changed his gloves because the previous person had chilli. Absolutely lovely staff.

I've had four meals from them since they opened (and the original freebie).
    Forgot to get the feckin' loyalty card stamped every time :-(
    Hope somebody remembers me on my next visit so I can catch up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭carpothepunk

The same happened me yesterday and the lad remembered me and sorted me out. Hyup.

They're lovely in there and seem to remember a lot of orders (tons of repeat business).

One thing still to be ironed out though is the 'leeway' in what you can get in your food. One person was grand with me getting half beans half rice in my taco, another said he'd have to charge me for rice as it didn't come with it.

Think the younger staff are erring on the side of caution! I would think it wouldn't cost them any more to let people put whatever non meat stuff (except jalapenos, they are listed as extra) in the veggie ones.

Seen a guy outside Neactains yesterday wearing a Boojum T-Shirt. I didn't recognise him but I can only assume he works there cos he definitely wasn't fat enough to have eaten 40 Burritos in ten days :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭squonk

I made a return visit yesterday evening. It was nice but i wasn't as impressed as I was last week. I got a loyalty card this time though. It might come down to the server though. I'm not as fond of the beef. Last time I had pork. I'm sure I'll be back though!

Advertisement