Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I'm on my fifth burrito - starting to become a daily habit... Yum.

'cpt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

This place is savage. I've just had my third burrito since it opened up. Service, quality and price is still top notch.

Only Three???
    Six for me (and a Fajita which turned out to be an upsidedown Burrito as I mentioned earlier, so technically 7).
    Still no complaints. Defiantly the best value meal in Galway at the moment.

Still not had a go at the Tacos. Anyone know if they can be taken out? Could be handy for nibbles on a quiet night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Ruudi_Mentari

Yeah you can take away their taco shells. in a transparent tray, if memory serves

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

t.

Still not had a go at the Tacos. Anyone know if they can be taken out? Could be handy for nibbles on a quiet night.

As I mentioned earlier, it doesn't all travel (in a motorised vehicle or other:P) well.

The tacos are nyom, just be prepared to eat them with a fork at home. The shells get soggy really quickly, but taste just as good from a plate (think toasty polenta).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Anybody know what time Bojuum opens at during the week

PB

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 depot

11.30am -9pm Monday to Friday
    12noon-9pm Saturday
    1pm-6pm Sunday

Let us know what its like if you go

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

depot wrote: »
    11.30am -9pm Monday to Friday
    12noon-9pm Saturday
    1pm-9pm Sunday

Let us know what its like if you go

Has that changed as it was 1pm-6pm?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 depot

Apologies you correct just rechecked their website its 1-6 on a sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Has that changed as it was 1pm-6pm?

Not according to their Facebook page.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Lovin the Naga/Scotch sauce they have as the hot salsa isn't hot enough for me.

Has anyone tried the Chipotle sauce they have ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,223 ✭✭✭squonk

Yeah, I have. The chipotle sauce is lovely. There's a bit of a kick to it too. I haven't tried the scotch sauce yet. I have a bottle of Mic's habanero sauce at home. That's hot as hell so I'd love to try the scotch one in Boojum!

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

The Chipotle is perfect I think! They were saying that the Naga sauce is crazy so fair play for having it. Would you think the Naga would be much of a step up from the Chipotle?

Also this place is unreal, it is by far the best fast food in town in my opinion. Pity it's not open when clubs close; I can imagine how unreal a burrito or a few tacos would be after beer!

Also this place is unreal, it is by far the best fast food in town in my opinion. Pity it's not open when clubs close; I can imagine how unreal a burrito or a few tacos would be after beer!

The early closing hours are great in that there's rarely any drunks in there hanging off of one another and shouting and screaming. There is nothing I hate more than grabbing a bite to eat and having to put up with groups of obnoxious drunks and it's put me off a number of places in town.

The early closing hours are great in that there's rarely any drunks in there hanging off of one another and shouting and screaming. There is nothing I hate more than grabbing a bite to eat and having to put up with groups of obnoxious drunks and it's put me off a number of places in town.

I agree. Still, I'd like if it were open until even 10, to have a sit down nosh with a beer afterwards. And definitely later on Sundays. It's still 6 on Sunday according to FB.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Had my weekly visit yesterday, got the pork burrito, just as good as the chicken and beef, damn frickin good eatin.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Had the burrito bowl (all the ingredients in a plastic container instead of bread).
    Very nice and much easier to eat and transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Looks like I have to try it after the top ratings given on every page of this thread.:cool:

Twice I've been in there now and people have been disagreeing about what they can get in what without it being 'extra'. Sometimes it's the staff disagreeing with each other ! Early days/new staff, or else they've been giving out too much good stuff to woo us. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Tbh, 40 cents extra for jalapenos and 75 cents extra for guacamole is bad form but perhaps this is how they make their profit.
    I've never paid extra for jalapenos anywhere before. Since the jalapeno sauce on the tables is free I just use that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

What's the difference between their burrito and fajita?

• Advertisement

Ludikrus wrote: »
    What's the difference between their burrito and fajita?

The way its folded and fajitas have peppers/onions and no beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

^^^
    We have already been through all that and Boojum have totally different ideas to what you have ;-)

^^^
    We have already been through all that and Boojum have totally different ideas to what you have ;-)

I think it depends what staff member you get. Either way it says on the menu which is available on FB, it states that a fajita is ' a flour tortilla filled with lime/coriander rice, sauteed pepppers and onions and filling of your choice plus cheeses and sour cream' so pretty much what i said above. But its up to the server ive had the veg and beans in a burrito so who knows or cares really, its all good.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

I thought the chilli con carne burrito was poor. Not enough substance to bite down on. Its too mushy

Grimebox wrote: »
    I thought the chilli con carne burrito was poor. Not enough substance to bite down on. Its too mushy

But sure chilli con carne is just mince and beans, how substantively biteable can it be?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,912 ✭✭✭✭Eeden

The chilli con carne is great in the hard shell tacos. They are messy, but yum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

Tried Boojum yesterday. The staff were rude, the meat was tough and really poor quality, the portions were tiny and the place was generally unclean....

.... said nobody, ever. Loving Boojum - either the chilli with white rice or the chicken with mexican rice and hot salsa are my favourites so far. It seems to be keeping busy which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

One gripe I have is that they don't clean the plates available.

OK normally not a problem as the plates are covered in the paper stuff. BUT, I often share a burrito which means I need to pick up an extra plate. When I Was in last week almost every plate had finger / grease marks on it... ughhhh

So Boojum if you're listening, either wash the frickin' plates or leave extra paper stuff by the cutlery pleaseeeeee

Just one more negative thing... I know there are signs everywhere "Clean your table" (or similar) but there are still ignorant people who don't. What's even worse is that when these ignorant people don't clean up after themselves, the left-overs are just left on the table. We were there for about 20 mins the other day and the left-overs from the last person were still on our table.

Other than that - food is excellent, it'll be a weekly treat for us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

JohnCleary wrote: »
    One gripe I have is that they don't clean the plates available.

OK normally not a problem as the plates are covered in the paper stuff. BUT, I often share a burrito which means I need to pick up an extra plate. When I Was in last week almost every plate had finger / grease marks on it... ughhhh

So Boojum if you're listening, either wash the frickin' plates or leave extra paper stuff by the cutlery pleaseeeeee

Where are you getting an extra plate from? The plates left by the bins are dirty plates stacked after rubbish is dumped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Ludikrus wrote: »
    Where are you getting an extra plate from? The plates left by the bins are dirty plates stacked after rubbish is dumped.

Beside that was a sign saying "plates" (well there was last time I was in there). Considering that they are beside all the clean cutlery you could be forgiven for thinking they are extra plates. Why ask to leave dirty plates beside new cutlery? Theres also a big stack of them.

If that's where used plates should be they should be kept to the right of the bin, not to the left beside clean cutlery

My point sticks about staff taking an age to clean dirty tables

Advertisement