Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boojum

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Beside that was a sign saying "plates" (well there was last time I was in there). Considering that they are beside all the clean cutlery you could be forgiven for thinking they are extra plates. Why ask to leave dirty plates beside new cutlery? Theres also a big stack of them.

If that's where used plates should be they should be kept to the right of the bin, not to the left beside clean cutlery

My point sticks about staff taking an age to clean dirty tables

What did you do with your dirty plates?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Beside that was a sign saying "plates" (well there was last time I was in there). Considering that they are beside all the clean cutlery you could be forgiven for thinking they are extra plates. Why ask to leave dirty plates beside new cutlery? Theres also a big stack of them.

If that's where used plates should be they should be kept to the right of the bin, not to the left beside clean cutlery

My point sticks about staff taking an age to clean dirty tables

But, the plates are not beside the clean cutlery, there is a little wall between them and the the cutlery and napkins. The stack of dirty plates is right beside the bin that says rubbish. I'd have thought it was fairly obvious that they were used plates.

If you need an extra plate you can walk to the till and take one of the clean ones from the massive pile beside the till.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Seaneh wrote: »
    But, the plates are not beside the clean cutlery, there is a little wall between them and the the cutlery and napkins. The stack of dirty plates is right beside the bin that says rubbish. I'd have thought it was fairly obvious that they were used plates.

If you need an extra plate you can walk to the till and take one of the clean ones from the massive pile beside the till.

Ah when I was in there the plates weren't where you said... Could have been someone put used plates right beside the cutlery and people just followed suit. But yeah next time I'll be sure to take them from side til.

If management are reading this please clean the tables after the lazy customers. I don't want to be looking at someone's leftovers when eating

To the other post asking where I left my plate... I left it beside the bin, opposite side of cutlery

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Now now mister cleary, we can't very well have you besmirch the reputation of boards' favourite haunt, no, can't very well have that at all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah those are dirty plates, fresh ones with paper available at the till.

I'd prefer if they used metal utensils instead of plastic, it's the environmentalist in me I suppose. Also I find plastic utensils a bit weak when I get into my feed frenzy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Sure, that's why the baby Jesus gave us fingers... The original and best eating utensil!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Sure, that's why the baby Jesus gave us fingers... The original and best eating utensil!

I feel a bit gipped that Flying Spaghetti Monster didn't equip me with pasta-tentacles now. They'd be good for burrito eating no doubt.

Re. Plastic knives/forks - I thought after a short period of time they'd end up costing more than metal ones and having to wash them... sure they have to wash the plates anyway

Just one more negative thing... I know there are signs everywhere "Clean your table" (or similar) but there are still ignorant people who don't. What's even worse is that when these ignorant people don't clean up after themselves, the left-overs are just left on the table. We were there for about 20 mins the other day and the left-overs from the last person were still on our table.

Other than that - food is excellent, it'll be a weekly treat for us :D

Why not do what I do and simply remove it yourself. Takes all of 10 secondd

Why not do what I do and simply remove it yourself. Takes all of 10 secondd

Why don't I just go in and prepare the food myself, too? I'm far from an "It's not my job" (and anyone who knows me will agree) person but you can funk right off if you think i'm cleaning up someone else's mess when there are paid staff present

• Advertisement

Why don't I just go in and prepare the food myself, too? I'm far from an "It's not my job" (and anyone who knows me will agree) person but you can funk right off if you think i'm cleaning up someone else's mess when there are paid staff present

So you'd prefer if members of staff were walking around the floor cleaning up after the few people who don't bother rather than preparing and serving food. Anytime I have been in Boojum there has been a queue and I'd much prefer to see staff working behind the counter to get everyone's food done asap, as there have been times when the queue was out the door.

It takes 10 seconds to remove someones plate, hardly that much of an inconvenience and God help you if you ever eat in a Mexican burrito bar in Mexico. Friends were there last year and it wasn't uncommon to see 20 or 30 plates of left over piled at the end of the table where people were eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,972 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Meah its busy, dont like it ? dont eat there. You should really be begrudging the folks that left their food on the table as they were obviously 'dragged up'

God help you if you ever eat in a Mexican burrito bar in Mexico.
    I've had curries in Bangkok and Galway - hardly fair to compare the 2

There were 4 staff behind the counter (the norm I think, one per 'job' ie. 3 making the food and 1 at til. There was also 1 staff member walking around the floor doing... something
    listermint wrote: »
    Meah its busy, dont like it ? dont eat there. You should really be begrudging the folks that left their food on the table as they were obviously 'dragged up'
    The food is great and i'll go back, but maybe next time i'll leave my rubbish behind on the table :pac: I'll take a picture for ye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

So you'd prefer if members of staff were walking around the floor cleaning up after the few people who don't bother rather than preparing and serving food. Anytime I have been in Boojum there has been a queue and I'd much prefer to see staff working behind the counter to get everyone's food done asap, as there have been times when the queue was out the door.

It takes 10 seconds to remove someones plate, hardly that much of an inconvenience and God help you if you ever eat in a Mexican burrito bar in Mexico. Friends were there last year and it wasn't uncommon to see 20 or 30 plates of left over piled at the end of the table where people were eating.

I'd nearly swear you part own the place with the way you've been posting.

Your point that I've quoted is downright ridiculous. To say that it's ok to expect customers to sit at a dirty table and clean it themselves is just laughable.

In every fast food restaurant in the world, where customers are expected to put their own trash in the bins, there are still staff who go around cleaning tables with a cloth.

You seem to defend this place no matter what. If they threw faeces at customers you'd find a way to justify it.

And we're not in Mexico. In Mexico you can get a burrito for 70c. Customers in Boojum pay 8 times that, minimum. Even besides the price difference, cleaning one's table when eating out is non-existent in this country nor should it be given the prices we have to pay for mediocrity.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

kraggy wrote: »

Your point that I've quoted is downright ridiculous. To say that it's ok to expect customers to sit at a dirty table and clean it themselves is just laughable.

In every fast food restaurant in the world, where customers are expected to put trash on the bins, there are still staff who go around cleaning tables with a cloth.

You seem to defend this place no matter what. If they threw faeces at customers you'd find a way to justify it.

And we're not in Mexico. In Mexico you can get a burrito for 70c. Customers in Boojum pay 8 times that, minimum. Even besides the price difference, cleaning one's table when eating out is non-existent in this country nor should it be given the prices we have to pay for mediocrity.
    Dog faeces? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

This thread is fantastic.

I've had curries in Bangkok and Galway - hardly fair to compare the 2

There were 4 staff behind the counter (the norm I think, one per 'job' ie. 3 making the food and 1 at til. There was also 1 staff member walking around the floor doing... something

if there was a member of staff walking around the floor then why didn't you highlight the issue with them.
    kraggy wrote: »

In every fast food restaurant in the world, where customers are expected to put their own trash in the bins, there are still staff who go around cleaning tables with a cloth.

I've defended it twice. Once when people used their opening hours as a reason to criticise the place and again today. If the dirty plate was such an issue why didn't the poster bring it up with a member of staff? I know that if I had such an issue and it bothered me as much as it did the poster, I would find a member of staff and tell them.

We were in there today and there were plates left on a number of tables. When it got quiet a member of staff went out and cleared them away. Sure it's not ideal but what do you expect them to do, hire a member of staff simply to prowl around clearing away plates?

Also there is a difference between sitting at a dirty table and one that has a few plates left on it. It may not be the best environment but I have never found the place to be dirty and the tables are regularly wiped down by a member of staff.

If people had valid reasons to attack the place then I'd be happy to agree with them but opening hours and a few plates left on tables are hardly reasons to complain. Also remember that it's only been open a month and as such the staff are only settling into their roles. I'm sure that if the management see the need to hire extra staff to help out at busy times and ensure that there are no plates left on tables then they will. But for the time being, if it's such an issue make it know to staff. Don't eat your food then run home to post about it on boards.

I was out for dinner last Monday and the service in a certain restaurant in Galway was atrocious. I could have done with the poster and others would do and sat quietly eating before paying my bill and leaving. But instead I let the staff know and when they weren't much help I asked to speak to a manager who sorted everything out. To me it was common sense to do so but to many boardsies it seems that saying nothing and then complaining on here is a more appropriate action.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭Ludikrus

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    This thread is fantastic.

This is why we can't have nice things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Just like the inconsistency in the 'what's in this item' point, I think the 'dirty tables' thing *totally* depends on the day/shift you are in and who's on.

A week or so ago, I had to wait for a friend who got quite delayed, I had a drink and read a book, and by the time he came the table beside me was covered in stuff (people had sat and pushed it to the far side). There was a queue to the door at one point, but mostly it was quiet enough that time. Not I saw someone on the floor once but they were filling the napkin holder and didn't come near the table. I don't mind clearing off something if the place is slammed, but this was a bit much, and if I'd ordered then I would have gotten take away.

Now the other day I was in and my table beside me was cleaned off twice while we were there, and the place looked great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

i dont like burritos :cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Osborne

I don't understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Your sort aint welcome here......quick 'kill the non believer'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Eogclouder

Ate there once, dying to go back but I'm torn between this and sushi this evening!

If only we had good sushi in Galway. They try, but they're so far off. Ah well.

Was the first one in Boojum today (I blame this thread). Got the pork for the second time and am happy to report whatever weird flavour I experienced the first time wasn't there today (cinnamon?). Extra sour cream? No problem!

Big feed, sun, corrona. happy freakin friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

Will someone let me know when they've the naga sauce back! need my fix

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

newkie wrote: »
    If only we had good sushi in Galway. They try, but they're so far off. Ah well.

Was the first one in Boojum today (I blame this thread). Got the pork for the second time and am happy to report whatever weird flavour I experienced the first time wasn't there today (cinnamon?). Extra sour cream? No problem!

Big feed, sun, corrona. happy freakin friday!
    Have you tried raw?

It's not bad!

Have you tried raw?

It's not bad!

yeah, not bad... as in mediocre.

It's not a tap on Yamamori or Yo sushi in Dublin. They both have items which are pretty nice (japanese roll in Wa; unagi nigiri in Raw). Wa also have tuna rolls (you can request spicy) and sashimi plates. I do order from Raw and Wa when I get a craving but my wife is more picky and says why bother. Lucky for me she makes good sushi on occasion but it's a lot of prep to do 3 totally different maki combos.

I wish both Raw and Wa would get off their ass and make some interesting maki. Check out these combos from a top notch place: http://mobosushirestaurant.com/menu/mobo-maki-maki/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I wasn't impressed with Yo sushi or yamamori tbh. I like the different types Raw do, Oshi, nigiri, etc. I'd love if they had a full kitchen to do some japanese cuisine aside from sushi but that's not going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Had my first Burrito in there on Friday....dear god it was fantastic.
    I had the Mixed meat one (Chicken and Beef) medium salsa and it was huge !
    Don't know how La Salsa are going to fair now that there's far superior food in Boojum.

Advertisement