Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ball came off nipple piercing

• 22-05-2013 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I've had a nipple piercing about 18 months and I noticed today that one of the balls is gone. No idea where it went, how random!

I've had to take the piercing out altogether. Has this ever happened anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

The ball can come loose quite easily. The piercing could close up quite quickly (yeah, even after 18 months!) so if you want to keep it, I'd recommend getting along to your piercer as soon as you can so that they can pop a new bar/ring/D ring in for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Missy Moo Moo

The ball can come loose quite easily. The piercing could close up quite quickly (yeah, even after 18 months!) so if you want to keep it, I'd recommend getting along to your piercer as soon as you can so that they can pop a new bar/ring/D ring in for you.

Thanks Damo! Won't be able to make it to snakebite until Saturday, should that be OK? I feel weird without it :)

It might need reopened, but shouldn't have closed up fully, so I'd say you'll probably be ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If you're anywhere near Blanchardstown I have tonnes of unused bars here that you are welcome to... There's about 60 of them... that's what I get from ordering for ebay when I was drunk.

January wrote: »
    If you're anywhere near Blanchardstown I have tonnes of unused bars here that you are welcome to... There's about 60 of them... that's what I get from ordering for ebay when I was drunk.

Thanks, that's very kind of you but am nowhere near Blanch :( I'm gonna stock up on bars though in case this happens again!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭alphamule

any excuse to talk about your nipple haha

alphamule wrote: »
    any excuse to talk about your nipple haha

Please refrain from coming into the Tattoos & Piercings for 'seagull' posting.
    Familiarise yourself with the forum before posting here again please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

happens all the time. I've lost 7 or 8 balls on my nipple piercing. The joys of playing sport. Just get into your piercers and get it sorted as soon as you can. Saturday should be ok but might have closed up a bit.

I find mine gets tight after a few days taken out and I've had it 17 years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 230 ✭✭alphamule

Familiarise yourself with my hairy bollox you ****ing ******. #BOARDSQUEERS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭topcatcbr

Hahaha. Brilliant

• Advertisement

Permaban.

Bye bye! Let the door hit you on the way out! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Hi guys,

I've had a nipple piercing about 18 months and I noticed today that one of the balls is gone. No idea where it went, how random!

I've had to take the piercing out altogether. Has this ever happened anyone?

Many times. But how come you had to take it out all together? I dont wear a bra, but cant imagine that they would cause irritation or for the bar/ring to come out. Then again, like I said I dont wear them, so I could be well wrong. I would have kept the bar/ring in untill I could get to a piercer for a new one.

LD 50 wrote: »
    Many times. But how come you had to take it out all together? I dont wear a bra, but cant imagine that they would cause irritation or for the bar/ring to come out. Then again, like I said I dont wear them, so I could be well wrong. I would have kept the bar/ring in untill I could get to a piercer for a new one.

Yeah I probably should have left it in, was worried about the bit that wasn't covered by a ball!

Anyway, I won't be making that mistake again! Between one thing and another, I only got round to getting to a piercer today. Had to get it stretched and re-opened. It's still sore, sorer than I remember it being after I got it pierced initially :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

If it happens again id just leave the bar in, but check regularly that the bit that's balless (snigger) hasn't crept into the nipple, or just switch to a bigger bar until you can get your hands on a new barbell. No need to let it shrink up.

If it happens again id just leave the bar in, but check regularly that the bit that's balless (snigger) hasn't crept into the nipple, or just switch to a bigger bar until you can get your hands on a new barbell. No need to let it shrink up.

Yeah definitely not a mistake I want to make again, it was so painful yesterday! I bought some spare supplies in case it happens again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

I rarely leave home without a little bag of spare piercings. Most are safe and wouldn't come out if the ball popped off, but always handy to have just in case. I even carry longer bars for my cheeks just in case they random poof up, and was very grateful when I landed down in Cork once and found they'd swelled.

Advertisement