Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre - Length of contract

Options
  • 22-05-2013 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

Is the minimum eFibre contract 12 or 18 months.  When I go to https://secure.eircom.net/fibre/bundlebuilder there's a yellow box on the right hand side.  The top of the box states:

" Important Information
    A 12 month contract applies to phone lines, bundles and broadband products."

I looked at the eTalk Off-Peak / Anytime + eFibre Broadband Bundle promotion terms + conditions contained in "internet_special_offer.pdf" and it seems to suggest an 18 month contract.  Could you clarify if it's 12 or 18 months.

Also in that pdf there's a section eTalk Off-Peak / Anytime + eFibre Broadband Bundle Winback Migration promotion.  Does that mean customers returning to Eircom will receive €15 off instead of €5 for the first 6 months?

I have a few other queries

- after the initial contract period is the modem yours to keep
    - after the initial contract period does the contract switch to month to month
    - is there any traffic management policy during peak hours
    - the phone line coming into my house looks pretty old and has seen better days.  If it needs to be replaced to get eFibre speeds, will it be replaced FOC as part of the free connection?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The eFibre package will be an 18 month contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

polks wrote: »
    Hi,

Is the minimum eFibre contract 12 or 18 months.  When I go to https://secure.eircom.net/fibre/bundlebuilder there's a yellow box on the right hand side.  The top of the box states:

" Important Information
    A 12 month contract applies to phone lines, bundles and broadband products."

I looked at the eTalk Off-Peak / Anytime + eFibre Broadband Bundle promotion terms + conditions contained in "internet_special_offer.pdf" and it seems to suggest an 18 month contract.  Could you clarify if it's 12 or 18 months.

Also in that pdf there's a section eTalk Off-Peak / Anytime + eFibre Broadband Bundle Winback Migration promotion.  Does that mean customers returning to Eircom will receive €15 off instead of €5 for the first 6 months?

I have a few other queries

- after the initial contract period is the modem yours to keep
    - after the initial contract period does the contract switch to month to month
    - is there any traffic management policy during peak hours
    - the phone line coming into my house looks pretty old and has seen better days.  If it needs to be replaced to get eFibre speeds, will it be replaced FOC as part of the free connection?

Thanks

Hi polks

Below is some information which you may find helpful,

The eFibre contract is 18 months however other broadband services such asNGB and standard broadband remain as 12 month contracts.

For customers returning to eircom there is indeed a €15 reduction for thefirst 6 months as opposed to the standard €5 reduction for existing customers who decide to migrate to a new eFibre plan.

After the initial contract period the modem is not yours to keep as itremains property of eircom however as long as you keep the service you will keep the modem.
    When the contract ends a notice of 30 days is required if you wish to closeyour account with eircom.
    There is no traffic management policy during peak hours.
    If your line is damaged this will be repaired and installed free of chargehowever this will not be done on the terms on being able to hold fibre broadband as service is not guaranteed upon line connection. Although eFibre may be available to an area not all lines will qualify for eFibre as this service is still subject to availability.

Hope this helps polks,

Regards

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 22 polks

Thanks you've been very helpful.  Just another quick question.  Your website states "Unlimited means that there are absolutely no limits".  Can you confirm that there's no hidden FUP, that there's nothing buried in the terms + conditions or a hidden cap?  It's difficult to trust telecoms as even now Vodafone are trying to sell an unlimited product with a 300GB fair use.  For that reason I'm not even considering Vodafone.

Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

polks wrote: »
    Thanks you've been very helpful.  Just another quick question.  Your website states "Unlimited means that there are absolutely no limits".  Can you confirm that there's no hidden FUP, that there's nothing buried in the terms + conditions or a hidden cap?  It's difficult to trust telecoms as even now Vodafone are trying to sell an unlimited product with a 300GB fair use.  For that reason I'm not even considering Vodafone.

Thanks again

Hi polks

There is a fair usage policy of 500GBs for the efibre broadband. Customers can be subject to excess fees if they far exceed that fair usage guide line

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 22 polks

Hi polks

There is a fair usage policy of 500GBs for the efibre broadband. Customers can be subject to excess fees if they far exceed that fair usage guide line

Thanks, Mark

Thanks for the reply, but I'm incredibly disappointed.  I nearly didn't ask the question as your website is crystal clear.  I finally thought a telecom company was being open, upfront and honest. 

What are the excess fees?

I assume Eircom will be amending their website to reflect this.

"What does unlimited usage mean?

Unlimited means that there are absolutely no limits the amount of data you can download or upload in a month. So you can stream, download, chat, browse and game online with no worries about any usage caps. "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭rai555

Hi polks

Below is some information which you may find helpful,

The eFibre contract is 18 months however other broadband services such asNGB and standard broadband remain as 12 month contracts.

For customers returning to eircom there is indeed a €15 reduction for thefirst 6 months as opposed to the standard €5 reduction for existing customers who decide to migrate to a new eFibre plan.

After the initial contract period the modem is not yours to keep as itremains property of eircom however as long as you keep the service you will keep the modem.
    When the contract ends a notice of 30 days is required if you wish to closeyour account with eircom.
    There is no traffic management policy during peak hours.
    If your line is damaged this will be repaired and installed free of chargehowever this will not be done on the terms on being able to hold fibre broadband as service is not guaranteed upon line connection. Although eFibre may be available to an area not all lines will qualify for eFibre as this service is still subject to availability.

Hope this helps polks,

Regards

Al
    Are existing Eircom customers are getting 18 months contract with free upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

Hi polks

Thanks, Mark
    mark you are wrong... eircom removed the fup from all unlimited packages last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

rai555 wrote: »
    Are existing Eircom customers are getting 18 months contract with free upgrade?

Hi rai555

Yes if customers chose / agree to move onto the new efibre service that would incur an 18 month contract.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Mark,

What kind of router are eircom offering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi foxerv1,

The modem that Eircom are supplying for Fibre broadband is the Zyxel f1000.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Hi foxerv1,

The modem that Eircom are supplying for Fibre broadband is the Zyxel f1000.

Thanks

Tracey
    I cannot find any specs or documentation for this router so i will have to ask here- will it be mandatory to use this router or can it be substituted for another?

Advertisement