Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

evanescence

Options
  • 22-05-2013 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

Are people still into this band. I really like the fallen album. the open the open door was the worst yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

I still listen to Fallen every now and then - I still consider it a decent album.

Takes me back to be a teenager, colouring myself with black eyeliner :P:o:)

And if it weren't for them, I probably wouldn't have found Nightwish and Within Temptation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I think Fallen is a classic, but never bothered with any of the rest of their stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭ONeill2013

their fans are pretty obsessive, when i saw them in Manchester last year people came from as far as Brazil and New Zealand to see them and went to all 4 shows. I'm a fan but there are a lot better bands in that sort of genre, even Ben Moody's 'We Are The Fallen' are nearly as good. The Open Door was my favourite album.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Twilightning

Fallen is a great album but I prefer some of their earlier recordings from some of the tracks on the album (Imaginary, Tourniquet and Haunted come to mind). The Open Door was a painfully average album with very few real winners but I really liked the most recent self-titled release, it has some crackers on it with some very memorable choruses/melodies along with some superb drumming (noticed that as a drummer myself). :p

I'd agree on the point of the fans though, which often go a long way to discrediting the band instantly for a lot of people even though it shouldn't. I like the band a fair bit but I wouldn't be arsed travelling to the UK to see them, wonder why Amy hasn't brought the band over here yet either. I'd imagine a show would sell fairly well in the likes of the Olympia or Vicar Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

After Fallen I lost most of my interest in them, not that they sold out or anything they just didn't sound as good. I saw them in Paris a few years ago and they were brilliant live. Wouldn't say no to catching them again, maybe Vicar Street.

• Advertisement
Advertisement