Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to advertise

Options
  • 22-05-2013 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I had a business for a number of years during the good times and never had to advertise because I always had good contacts,now after applying for more than 1000 jobs and not even a thank you back I was thinking of starting a business in property management,what is the best way to go about it bearing in mind I have not much funding if any,is there anyone that has experience in this field.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

This is an extremely crowded marketplace with many property professionals and estate agents all seeking out the same market. What experience/connections have you got to exploit with property owners?
    With so many established players, advertising is never going to attract new business in a market that is probably oversupplied in the first instance, you will probably just burn cash on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 stonemason9

Hi Peterdalkey,
    I was a stonemason fitting from granite shop fronts to paving,i built an extension on my home,my father was a trainer for Anco (Fas) now adays in carpentry and roofing,my uncle is a painter,block layer and plaster and I have the best help when it comes to getting the work done plus I have most tools of the trade.The thing is how to price and get my name out there as I said I was self employed before and never had to worry about this or doing any paper work and returns because I had someone to look after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

You are talking property maintenance not property management!! Advertising is still not the way to get a return on your money, I would get a simple flyer type brochure and some business cards printed up, outlining all the services you offer. Then get it out to every contact you have, owners of properties that you have worked on in the past etc,. With so many trades people seeking any work, even very small jobs now, your best chance is with people who know you and the quality of your work.

Advertisement