Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what are your pet peeves? what really makes your skin crawl!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

people that constantly pick at things on their body :mad:

especially their face. can't stand when someone is sitting beside you next thing they start picking at a spot on their face or lip.

1. it's disgusting & very unhygienic
    2. It's really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭iMac_Hunt

I hate people who are not disabled, parking in disabled parking spaces. I've had words a few times with such people. They boil my blood.

People who have more then one pet peeve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Garzard

Toilet attendants in nightclubs - I'm 19, I don't need bloody assistance in washing my hands!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

People who press the lights to cross and then go anyway leaving you sitting there in your car waiting for light to change

People who drive while on the phone

People who start stupid threads moaning about Ireland. If you don't like it fcuk off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,716 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

People who leave public or workplace toilets looking like a herd of cattle just shít in them, the bowl is big enough to put it in there and it's not a big job to flush it afterwards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭Sergeant

Mumford & Sons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,018 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Everything. I'm after turning into a right narky old bastard and I'm only 23.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭whitewave

iMac_Hunt wrote: »
    I hate people who are not disabled, parking in disabled parking spaces. I've had words a few times with such people. They boil my blood.

I agree with this. They have absolutely no regard for how difficult it is to get a disabled person out of a car in a normal space, when cars are parked so closely together. Lazy f**ks. (The people who don't have the pass to park there, not disabled people...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

People that walk on grass verges without being aware, those things are filled with dog Sh*t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

what really is making skin crawl of late?
    tactile halucinations...not BS.:(

pet peeves?
    as usual a big issue of mine,the useage of retard/retarded to describe something or someone doing something stupid, am someone who is unfortunately under that diagnosis; luckily in the UK where we are more progressive than the US it is labeled learning disability.
    retard/retarded has incredible profound connotations for us,people think calling their mate retarded for doing something stupid is a innocent remark but it deeply affects us and how we are still viewed and treated in society,its an incredibly disrespectful,hurtful and dehumanizing term,please dont use us to compare a silly mate/someone/something to, they might be stupid but we arent;its a global processing issue and we dont do any of the sht our disability is asociated with.

another issue of mine-cockerels...bloody cockerels,well two of mine to be exact;big agressive bad ass fluff ball cochins-have had to put them both in a seperate coop of their own because of their agressiveness towards the hens, however they dont quite get the concept of climbing the short ladder to get in te door so they have ended up trying to sleep outside.
    have had to crawl in their run everytime-get covered in chicken sht,insects and soil, one by one hold them on the steps then physicaly manouvre them up each step and then shove them in the door a bit as they dont quite get that bit either.
    then have got to crawl out this small hole to get back out.
    yeah muvva furkin chikinz fur lyfe baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I am a very emotional person. So I can't handle people who are the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

SunnyDub1 wrote: »
    I actually find your post "rude in the extreme" and very insulting.

Some people have spelling difficulties (dyslexia), and therefore struggle with spelling and grammar and it can't always be helped. Me being one of them people. I'd be fcuked without spell check:o

:mad:

Dyslexia is fine, we all understand if you can't spell or get your head around things through no fault of your own but it's no excuse for using incorrect words.
    There/their irritates me but I'll let slip.

They're/there/their - it's getting harder to let slide as "they're" is not the same at all.

But the final straw is them/those, it's not the correct word at all, not even close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Ars*y people who chat in shop entrances bug the hell out of me. Like this morning I was on my way in to Lidl to get some plants, grand. Woman in her 60's with her even more elderly mother, blocking the door while chatting with a friend. It was impossible to get past with my trolley so I politely say 'excuse me', to which I get a glare and no movement.

I proceeded to move forward with the trolley and she decides to move. I politely let the elderly mother on her little wheeled walker thingy go to the internal door ahead of me. The daughter turns and glares at me and says to the mother 'you just take your time mammy, you're grand'. Guess what love your mother ain't the problem, I ain't the problem you are the fricking problem. Biitchh if you weren't blocking the door it wouldn't have been an issue and you're old enough to know better.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Also adults who call their mothers Mammy, WTF? It's twee and creepy, grow up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭.Henry Sellers.

Also adults who call their mothers Mammy, WTF? It's twee and creepy, grow up.

What do you call your Mammy, Daddy?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 guydead67

Driving, I hate my driving, I hate bad drivers, I hate angry drivers, I hate rude drivers, I hate the smell of petrol and diesel, and I hate the road in general.
    I do like going places though, sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

xzanti wrote: »
    Judgemental people.

Ever heard of Autism or ADHD?
    Yes my nephew has it and no your the one assuming im talking about a majority of kids its some kids in general!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,441 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

hollster2 wrote: »
    Yes my nephew has it and no your the one assuming im talking about a majority of kids its some kids in general!

:confused:

Advertisement