Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PGCE in UK

• 23-05-2013 1:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I was just curious has anyone completed a PGCE course in England(Specifically St.Marys in London)? I'm thinking of applying for this course. Just looking for people's general impression of the course and how heavy the workload is. Is the job situation in the Uk as grim as it is in Ireland at the moment? I'm currently living in Asia and a bit out of the loop.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 59 ✭✭_ariadne

I am almost finished a primary PGCE in the UK (not london, but nearby).

Yes it is a lot of work and absolutely nothing like how I remember school being when I was a child (and i'm only 24!). I would strongly recommend you take the time to get some experience in a UK classroom before applying for a course - so you know what you are getting yourself into!

On the plus side, there are plenty of jobs, especially in London.

PM me if you want any specifics - most PGCE courses are quite similar.

Advertisement