Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone work in a 'real' international school?

Options
  • 23-05-2013 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

As in good slaary,holidays, benefits, airfare, housing, insurance etc (A lot of phony 'international schools' here in Korea)Is the general rule of thumb that you need two years experience to be considered for a position in a reputable international school? I'm speaking about Asia preferably, but also looking for a general idea worldwide.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sparklyEyes111

Me :) hard work being in a decent school I must say ha... I'm in Dubai. My school is in CIS, it has very high standards on everything. . My coordinator goes mad if you even have a 1 or 2 spelling mistakes in your planning.. :/ I've friends in sabis here... completely different to a proper internationsl school... the amount of paperwork/reports/planning I do compared to them is shocking..

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sparklyEyes111

I had a years experience with good references previous to here. But less that that... they don't take NQTs in my school. I also had piano teaching to offer, a specialization in SEN and tefl.. think they helped because I was made one of the organizers of the production here this year..my head remembered I could play piano and so I helped the other teachers with melodies when I could.. It's what you can offer to the school.

Advertisement