Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any work going in perth???

Options
  • 23-05-2013 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

As the title suggests. Just back from doing regional work and getting bit desperate now. Need to start working and earning money. Anyone know of any work going??? Anything at all??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 brighteyes13

Just sent you a PM there- not sure what type of work you are looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Blue Dreamer

Thanks brighteyes will send em an email. Need something between now and 13th june tho :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 misslol

has anyone got in touch with you? I'm getting to Perth on Thursday and looking for a job too!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Blue Dreamer

Picked up something thatll keep me going for the time being in a pub. Im afraid its very much like back home.not what you know but who you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

Im afraid its very much like back home.not what you know but who you know.

You think so? My experience has been totally the opposite. I arrived in Perth not knowing a soul, sat down, figured out what was what, worked extremely hard and now have a job that I love. Most non-Australians that I have gotten to know would have similar experiences as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

As the title suggests. Just back from doing regional work and getting bit desperate now. Need to start working and earning money. Anyone know of any work going??? Anything at all??
    Whats the regional work like in Perth? Is it available for anybody who wants to di it? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Burty330 wrote: »
    Whats the regional work like in Perth? Is it available for anybody who wants to di it? Cheers.

You can't do regional work in Perth. It has to be done outside the city and needs to be specified work such as construction, farming or fruit picking.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

aido79 wrote: »
    You can't do regional work in Perth. It has to be done outside the city and needs to be specified work such as construction, farming or fruit picking.
    Ok thanks. Do you know what the procedure is for somebody wanting to get involved and is there much general work to be found around Perth? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

Ok thanks. Do you know what the procedure is for somebody wanting to get involved and is there much general work to be found around Perth? Cheers.

No idea sorry. I don't live or work in Perth. I work with a lot of guys from perth up north who say work is quiet in Perth at the minute but it depends what type of work you are looking for and your experience. For regional work check out the jobshop in northbridge or look on gumtree but be prepared to leave the city for 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Batgurl

Western Australia has officially re-entered recession according to smh online this evening.

Doesn't bode well for job seekers I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mr_ben

Picked up something thatll keep me going for the time being in a pub.

Know of any more bar work goin in Perth mate?

Advertisement