Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 15), May 24-28, 2013

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I'm not really sure what to be expecting from tomorrow's game. Big draw against Shamrock Rovers last week and a good win against Bray in the league cup keeps the momentum ticking over for Bohs so hopefully we have no fear going into tomorrow's game.

A draw would be a great result for us but the lads will be full of confidence and will want to give the home fans something to cheer about methinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,076 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Hoping for a victory v Cork to keep us challenging at the top, although we were pretty dire away to Finn Harps in the Cup, so that worries me a bit.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

We've yet to beat a team ahead of us in the table, so draw please :o

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

I just wonder, will Shels be able to finish the match with 11 players...

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

NIMAN wrote: »
    Hoping for a victory v Cork to keep us challenging at the top, although we were pretty dire away to Finn Harps in the Cup, so that worries me a bit.

We have a decent enough record in Derry. Not that that means anything. If we play like we did against Bray, it will be lambs to the slaughter.

Id be delighted with a 1-1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If we can't beat Shels at home then we might as well give up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭markc1184

Can anyone tell me how long it would take from say Killester to Bray on the Dart? Can't really drive yet after being in a crash last week so need to make other arrangements to get to Bray for the Drogs match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

markc1184 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how long it would take from say Killester to Bray on the Dart? Can't really drive yet after being in a crash last week so need to make other arrangements to get to Bray for the Drogs match.

50-54 minutes

http://journeyplanner.irishrail.ie/bin/query.exe/en

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Left the home game against Dundalk behind us a few months back. Hopefully we can get more points on the board as Shels are bound to go on a run of form sooner or later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

Hoping for a victory v Cork to keep us challenging at the top, although we were pretty dire away to Finn Harps Reserves in the Cup, so that worries me a bit.
    fixed that :pac: but christ we blew it :mad: stopped playing after normal time should have brought mcCarron or Mchugh on after patterson went to try to get the win although good run out for the fringe players who i think he wanted to stick with

Big weekend in D1 imo, depending on how things go longford & harps have a chance to start breaking away and potentially be 9 & 5 pts clear of 3rd or there could be 4pts between the top 5 again

• Advertisement

:D Thanks for that.

Yeah Harps Reserves definitely the better team, deserved more out of the game. I always look for your result 1st each weekend, you know all us Derry folk are closet Harps fan;) (except when we play each other).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Left the home game against Dundalk behind us a few months back. Hopefully we can get more points on the board as Shels are bound to go on a run of form sooner or later.

Wouldn't count on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

We're in a bit of an injury crisis at the moment, only thing that is anyway keeping my hopes up for tomorrow is the players will want to impress with a new manager on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭overshoot

:D Thanks for that.

Yeah Harps Reserves definitely the better team, deserved more out of the game. I always look for your result 1st each weekend, you know all us Derry folk are closet Harps fan;) (except when we play each other).
    ah sure half the teams usually donegal men anyway, not much of a leap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Derry will beat us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I'm not convinced by this Derry side at all.

Confident we will get a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Best team we have played this season, fairly impressive tbh.

Bohs always a tough game for a team everyone wrote off for the last 2 seasons, they seem to be surviving quite well.

Our away record so far is impressive P7 W6 L1 hopefully we can get a win. But think it be a draw, really depends on what Mulcahy thinks of it all :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

This must be sarcasm, surely? :confused: Derry will be consigning Cork handily enough to another defeat.

Mark my words.

Games between the 2 are always close affairs and Derry have been average at best this past few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Mark my words.

Games between the 2 are always close affairs and Derry have been average at best this past few weeks.

They've gone off the boil slightly alright, but they had a good win last week in Drogheda that should have their tails up.

You'll know more obviously about previous encounters between the clubs and i do hope you're right, but i can only really see a Derry win here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

Lose against Shels and the calls for Croly will be intensified ten fold from those in the stands.

We'll draw 1 all, Win 1-0 because they do something stupid across the back four, or we'll win 7-0.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Ebbs wrote: »
    Lose against Shels and the calls for Croly will be intensified ten fold from those in the stands.

We'll draw 1 all, Win 1-0 because they do something stupid across the back four, or we'll win 7-0.

So, you've narrowed it down to a win, lose or draw for Rovers.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Maybe dreamers or monkey can answer this one. What's the story with the African contingent that used play the drums etc down Inchicore way? Do they still support the Saints at all? They were great fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Johnny Mac new Shels manager. Solid appointment

Great weather up here in Derry, perfect night for football.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ebbs wrote: »

Ah, reminder of the backpass in the first game last season

:pac:

Bad night for Shelbourne.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Why? Still lost despite having an extra man?

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

What's new? :confused:

Heard about some flares on Extratime there, how amazing was it...or was it bad?

• Advertisement

Only St. Pats are on a better run of form than ourselves and Bray. Could be a great game next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The biggest news of all has to be Salthill Devon actually winning a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,499 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Delighted with a win. Drogs are a right bogey team, so a late winner is well pleasing!

We played poorly in the 1st half, and went behind to an absolute peach of a goal from Cork (watch out for it on MNS).

But we had chances and probably deserved to get the late equaliser, but what a backpass!

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Heard about some flares on Extratime there, how amazing was it...or was it bad?

Flares from both sides in a particularly quiet second half, Gardaí went into stop Shels once they set off two more and a bit of pushing and shoving. Perhaps there was a bargain bulk deal on flares in Ringsend this week:pac:

Shels were very poor until Hughes came on, but should've done-a-Bohs and scored late on. Rovers were indescribably appalling in the last 10 minutes. Nobody on the edge of the box and nobody upfront to clear the ball to, nothing learned from last week.

Our plan of being less rubbish than UCD, Bray and Shels is falling apart rapidly (Well, regarding the first 2 anyway). Spineless performance tonight, Pats never needed to get out of 2nd gear. Pressure starting to build on Callaghan.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

We are seriously ****ed.

SantryRed wrote: »
    We are seriously ****ed.

Sometimes I think, wins are gifted to UDC and Bray, just to take the p*** out of Shels :confused:

Bohs was a lot easier than i thought, not sure if they had a shot on goal.

Was fairly pissed tbh, i do recall john russell turning 4 bohs players inside out with one touch.

top of the league etc

Pats the team to catch now it seems.

Pats the team to catch now it seems.

nah we lack ambition.

• Advertisement

7 points from all home games for Bohs this season with shít tactics last night is just not good enough.

Was like a training match for Pats. Very annoyed about that performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

dfx- wrote: »
    Flares from both sides in a particularly quiet second half, Gardaí went into stop Shels once they set off two more and a bit of pushing and shoving.

Very f*cking OTT by the Guards, they piled in, whereas on the home side nothing happened! Ridiculous idea trying to barge in like they did.

I can see why Rovers aren't going to be challenging for the League, they're muck, very inconsistent performance. I thought we done ok in the second half, but Jonny Mac needs to pull a serious miracle off!

Had Shels any flares left if they scored? It looked like both sides lighted them because at that stage of the game, everyone had given up on a chance of a goal. :D

I wonder will McDonnell go two upfront more often

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Sometimes I think, wins are gifted to UDC and Bray, just to take the p*** out of Shels :confused:
    :D
    We even had 2 sendings off to annoy them.

But seriously, Jason Byrne is a great LOI player but he seems to hate us :D

Big night in the title race tonight.

Latest

Pats 3 - 0 UCD
    Sligo 0- 1 Dundalk

I think we are seeing the real Elding now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Ebbs

71' - Red Card - And the night goes from bad to worse for Sligo as Anthony Elding is sent off for an off-the-ball incident involving Dane Massey.

Another 1 Game ban?:confused:

Thank Fuck somebody finally beat UCD

Pat's obviously aren't in on Operation Relegate Shels like other teams were :(

Dominated the 1st half , UCD had chances in it but 2nd we were ruthless. Scored 2 goals then played some lovely football. UCD not in it 2nd half.

Good stuff Pats. Much appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement