Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

battery reboost?

Options
  • 23-05-2013 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have two 650 batteries I got with a starter pack about a month ago that are already dead.Actually,they could be 900,I'm not sure. Take a charge,a couple of pulls and even though they still have power they don't,if you get my meaning, it's like sucking a straw. I'm wondering if there is a way to re boost them,as you would a laptop battery,by putting in the freezer or something, or can the actual battery inside the unit be changed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Shouldn't be dead.....eGo batteries last for ages and ages. I have some for over a year and they still work. I think there's a guarantee on eGo batteries actually so Id contact the vendor. I assume they are charging properly in the first place?

Edit: Are they still lighting when you depress the switch? Could just be that the contact from the centre post is not good so pry it up a little using a paper clip or pin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Yea still lighting up,I'll try that with the clip,cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭rui1000

I had same problem contacted vendor and they were replaced

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jamie72

I had this issue and bought new chargers and everything, turned out it was the USB power source I was using. Make sure when you connect the batteries the red light stays on on the ego charger for at least an hour, if it turns green within a few minutes then the power source isn't suitable.

jamie72 wrote: »
    I had this issue and bought new chargers and everything, turned out it was the USB power source I was using. Make sure when you connect the batteries the red light stays on on the ego charger for at least an hour, if it turns green within a few minutes then the power source isn't suitable.

Actually one of the charger's I have does seem a bit dodgy, sometimes the light stays green even when the battery is dead, I don't think that's the problem with the batteries though. I have 3 chargers and use all of them,herself vapes too so there's always batteries on charge. I've cleaned the contacts on both,surprising amount of gunge in there and will leave them charging all night,see if that works. I picked up an 1100 today from bargain vapes,charged within an hour and has been going for 12 hours so far,I feel spoiled, I don't get anywhere near that with my ego twist's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Also worth getting some tissue and cleaning the contacts,you'd be amazed the crud the builds up in there

dubtom wrote: »
    Actually one of the charger's I have does seem a bit dodgy, sometimes the light stays green even when the battery is dead, I don't think that's the problem with the batteries though. I have 3 chargers and use all of them,herself vapes too so there's always batteries on charge. I've cleaned the contacts on both,surprising amount of gunge in there and will leave them charging all night,see if that works. I picked up an 1100 today from bargain vapes,charged within an hour and has been going for 12 hours so far,I feel spoiled, I don't get anywhere near that with my ego twist's.

You know I mean the actual 5V power source you're using and not the EGO charger, right?

No I didn't, do you mean the wall plug part?:o

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭redkid

I had an ego twist with the same problem, it's more than likely the connectors and apparently it's from tightening chargers and cartos too much to the battery but as far as I know genuine joytech egos have a three month gaurentee so check with the vender, where did you get it

It's not the ego twist that are acting up,its a couple of no names that I got with a starter kit. Don't want to mention which vendor,haven't contacted them so it would be fair.

• Advertisement

If you want you can post them to me and ill have a look. Just throw a few stamps in there for return as well.

Cheers, that's nice of you jamie72, pm me your address, I'll send them off on monday.

Ill only have a chance to test these tomorrow, but I don't know how much I can do, these aren't egos. They're the knock off ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Vaperus

Not Egos or not Joyetechs :-)

Vaperus wrote: »
    Not Egos or not Joyetechs :-)

Not joy techs, they are ego styled batteries, but have no marking whatsoever.

Just to keep you up to speed dubtom, the output on these things is brutal. I planned to use one to see how long I get out of it before it dies, but I'm getting barely any vapour on a T2 compared to the standard EGO 650mAh batteries (not the variable voltage model).

Given that they are copies and feel like very poor quality, I think you should just bite the bullet and upgrade.

Thanks Jamie for giving it a lash anyway,they came with a starter kit from vaperus,actually only got it because it was cheap and I wanted spare batteries:rolleyes: I only have them a month so may send them back, thanks again for checking them out.

Is that site owned by that vendor on here? I could send them directly back to him instead of you.

Im not sure,it's the one in Meath.

I don't know if you'd be eligible for a refund either, I've checked the voltage on them and the one I'm am using here for testing is definitely supplying 3.7v as they should. I'm honestly stumped to what's up, but I can definitely confirm they aren't giving a good vape.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Mr. Chrome

Can you check the voltage under load?

I'll have to put a new coil on my IGO-L, but I'll do it now.

Under a 2.2ohm load, the real egos are sitting at 3.3v across the coil, while the EGO style copies are dropping to 2.5v

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 prettypaws

i think your first call should have been to contact your supplier
    you mention the name of them here so i presume you have contacted them

prettypaws wrote: »

The reason for sending them to me was that it sounded more like Tom was just making an error somewhere along the line and I offered to check them for him, that's all. Tom is contacting the supplier and I'll be sending them to them if they offer a replacement.

Reading through the thread makes it sound like I was bashing the supplier, when bad stock can happen to anyone. I hope it didn't come across like that.

prettypaws wrote: »

No, I didn't contact them first,I'd like to apologize to Vaperus for mentioning them, it was unfair but in no way malicious. I first opened the post simply looking for advice on what to do with dud batteries, my intention was not to flame the vendor or their products,so again, apologies for that. I've had great service with them since I started and will continue to I'm sure.

dubtom wrote: »
    No, I didn't contact them first,I'd like to apologize to the vendor for mentioning them, it was unfair but in no way malicious. I first opened the post simply looking for advice on what to do with dud batteries, my intention was not to flame the vendor or their products,so again, apologies for that. I've had great service with them since I started and will continue to I'm sure.

I think we should both edit our posts to remove the vendor name, I'm doing it now.

As I said, any vendor can be unlucky and this whole thread could be bad press for the vendor in question.

Advertisement