Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing post

Options
  • 23-05-2013 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I recently bought a number of items online (3rd May) and not received them. I have contacted the companies and they have resent the missing items. However I still havent received them.

Do you know who I need to contact here regarding post ? Which sorting office or delivery office ?

I live in Lusk

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭DJMG92

Balbriggan sorting office should be able to help you. Their number is (01)8020144.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Maf180

I dare say that LeoB has them in his van :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Where did you buy from? From HK and the far east can take take up to 6 weeks. Plus it might get intercepted by customs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

Thanks.

I phoned them, chocolate teapot !!!!!

They are coming from UK, 3 different companies. Just seems strange and never happened before.

Frustrated

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

DJMG92 wrote: »
    Balbriggan sorting office should be able to help you. Their number is (01)8020144.

Its unlikely you will get through on that number so 1850 575859.
    Do you know if items were registered or recorded? If so you can use the tracking number to trace them online.
    Maf180 wrote: »
    I dare say that LeoB has them in his van :D

My wife was furious when I arrived home in stilettos and mini skirt!
    Carter12 wrote: »
    Thanks.

I phoned them, chocolate teapot !!!!!

They are coming from UK, 3 different companies. Just seems strange and never happened before.

Frustrated
    Choclate teapot?:confused: Please explain this is new saying to me.
    Did the sender provide you with a tracking number or proof of postage?

Its not unusual for companies to say "yes its in the post" when items have not even been posted this is very regular occurance. If you ordered online from U.K can you be sure it is coming from U.K? People often buy from U.K sites and when parcel arrives it has been posted from outside U.K. This is becoming more frequesnt especially with UK companies who seem to send a lot of stuff from Germany, Belgium and Holland where they have done a deal and got better rates for bulk postage so they often hold orders back a few days until they have a load of stuff to post. Some Irish bank statements are posted from Brighton which is where some of them are printed.

Oh iv also been reminded Royal mail have had some industrial disputes over the last few weeks. But 20 days is a joke even from Australia or U.S.A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Carter12

As useful as a chololate teapot :)

One company is recorded delivery, tracking shows it reached this country on the 15th, after that its a dead end.

The others were from UK, an ebay sale and another one I order from regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

Carter12 wrote: »
    As useful as a chololate teapot :)

One company is recorded delivery, tracking shows it reached this country on the 15th, after that its a dead end.

The others were from UK, an ebay sale and another one I order from regularly.

Was the chocolate teapot in Balbriggan or Dublin?

Any chance you had a docket from An Post put in your door that may have got put in bin by accident? This happens.....

Is there any way for you to check the address they used? Quite often some companies use Gr if you live in St Paddys Green. In some estates you have Green, Grove and a mistake can easily be made. If the tracking said it arrived in Ireland on 15th and there is no trace of it after that it may have been mis-sorted but should have turned up by now.

Did An Post tell you it arrived on this date or the sender? If it were the sender its not proof it was your item. Just teasing it out. Its really strange the 3 items have not turned up:confused:.

There is fairly heavy compliance in An Post and Im suprised any scanned item has not been traced or located within 20-30 minutes An Post use livetime scanning which is fairly accurate and there is hassle when anything goes wrong.

Hope they turn up soon

Advertisement