Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Joel live at the 02 on November 1st

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

HOLY S**T!!!
    I'd pay any money. His Croke Park show was killer.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Expecting tickets to be quite expensive. Would love to see him though

He's not had a proper studio album since 1993 (!!!), so unless he's going to surprise us all with a new record in the next six months, I don't think he'll be diverting from his winning formula. He gives the people what they want. A lengthy show, with plenty of hits to placate the fair-weather fans, and a few "obscure" tracks to keep the diehards happy. I think this will sell out in no time, regardless of the price.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

Defo want to go.......raging that i missed his tour with Elton years back, that would have been smashing......

Expecting upwards of €120 a ticket though seeing as its the 02.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Not bad!

"Tickets for the show are €95 seated and €76 GA. They will be going on sale Thursday 30th May at 9am."

http://www.goldenplec.com/billy-joel-to-play-the-o2-dublin/?fb_source=pubv1

• Advertisement

I was just about to post those prices, having seen them on Aiken's site.
    I'd agree that, in relative terms, that's not bad at all. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,419 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

for god sake
    have to buy ,Roger Waters Tickets, All Blacks tickets and now possibly these

quite a few music legends playing Ireland this year. Bruce Springstein, Neil Young, Leonard Cohen and now Billy Joel

Looking at the set list for his last show and a lot of his greatest hits are missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jossnjuice

PTH2009 wrote: »
    for god sake
    have to buy ,Roger Waters Tickets, All Blacks tickets and now possibly these

quite a few music legends playing Ireland this year. Bruce Springstein, Neil Young, Leonard Cohen and now Billy Joel

Ah stop, im financially ruined already!! Meat Loaf, Bruce, Bon Jovi, now Billy Joel, still havent ruled out the Killers.........how is one supposed to finance a summer holiday!!

jossnjuice wrote: »
    Ah stop, im financially ruined already!! Meat Loaf, Bruce, Bon Jovi, now Billy Joel, still havent ruled out the Killers.........how is one supposed to finance a summer holiday!!

Think because of gigs/festivals i dont do summer holidays anymore ha . Have Forbidden Fruit , Bon Jovi , Mumford and Sons, Bruce (x2) and will prob get tickets for this aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭brasher

Looks like they sold out already? Nothing available on Ticketmaster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

brasher wrote: »

If it's the Billy Joel gig they don't go on sale until next Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

brasher wrote: »

Saw an ad on TV3 yesterday evening and it said tickets on sale this Thursday! As yesterday was Thursday I nearly had heart failure as to how the hell did I miss this. Relief was palpable when I checked Ticketmaster and tickets on sale next week!

Tickets for this will be like gold dust as it is a once off, no tour! I have my O2 presale code but has anyone here ever booked priority tickets on a phone? I will be getting a bus at 9am Tuesday! For once I hope the bus is a few minutes late!

Need a lotto win with all the great concerts this year. Have Bon Jovi (damn you Aiken having Neil Young the same day) Bruce Springsteen x 2, Leonard Cohen x3 (2 here and 1 in Brussels) and then a load few shows as well! Need to keep seeing the greats while they are still touring!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

This will sell out in no time.Maybe he'l have an extra date.Terrified i wont get tickets now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Managed to get standing tickets this morning through the O2 presale!

Also because I booked through my ufirst account, there's a 25% discount on them all! €61.50 ain't too shabby!

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Got my standing ticket too. Bus was the few minutes late and first Ticketmaster transaction via mobile was successful :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Managed to get standing tickets this morning through the O2 presale!

Also because I booked through my ufirst account, there's a 25% discount on them all! €61.50 ain't too shabby!

What's ufirst?

It's an UlsterBank account where ya pay €100+ a year but then make money back with ticketmaster purchases (and other things).

I got 2 standing today on 02 also this morning - €165. Happy days. Roll on November

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Is he good live so? Woldn't mind seeing him but don't think there's much chance of getting anyone to go with me

Just go on your own. Entire threads have been spent discussing the pros and cons of going to gigs alone, but it really won't matter when you're there, especially if you stand, 'cos everyone will just be there for the show.
    He always does a lot of his most well-known songs, so even if you don't consider yourself a big fan, you'll still get a lot out of it. I've seen him twice, both big outdoor shows, and he was superb both times. If you're even half-considering it, just buy a ticket. He's unlikely to be back after this.

2 tickets bought. Block A row 21. Now to learn some billy joel songs lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

did anyone manage to get tickets in any of the good lower tier seats?

tried to get tickets in the presale and only sections A and G of the lower were available, same again this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

CANNOT WAIT! Roll on November!

Ticket sorted :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

what type of tickets yous get???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

Finally get to stand at a Joel gig without looking like a lemon!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Thanks for the heads up guys! Got my ticket (johnny no mates, couldn't persuade anyone to come with me, but it's their loss :D).

Got a seat which I suspect is up in the gods but that was all that was left. Couldn't be standing around the place all night on me own!

did anyone manage to get tickets in any of the good lower tier seats? tried to get tickets in the presale and only sections A and G of the lower were available, same again this morning

It seems to have become standard practice. I know Block D is reserved for the O2 club patrons, but the amount of seats that are apparently being retained in the lower tier is getting ridiculous. I know of several people who were looking for seats this morning and were only being offered Blocks M, N and P, miles back, and this was as soon as the show went on sale. What, every seat nearer the stage is gone already? I can understand that if the show has been on sale for several minutes, but it's highly questionable if you're first out of the traps at 9:00.

I know of several people who were looking for seats this morning and were only being offered Blocks M, N and P, miles back, and this was as soon as the show went on sale. What, every seat nearer the stage is gone already?
    Gigs like this that have standing area means that sections A-G are very small, probably only 7/8 rows. The rest are moved away to allow the standing area. So the front of sections M, N, P is actually bout row 10 of seats.

i got the front row of Block A.

Im 23 so ill probly be the youngest there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

I know of several people who were looking for seats this morning and were only being offered Blocks M, N and P, miles back, and this was as soon as the show went on sale. What, every seat nearer the stage is gone already? I can understand that if the show has been on sale for several minutes, but it's highly questionable if you're first out of the traps at 9:00.

That was me started bang on 9am - got nothing when I requested blocks on the lower level, when I chose 'best available' I literally got the back row. Think I went through the motion about 20 times then started getting offered row 40 (improvement on row 53!) in block M and N. Then 9.20 I got offered block A which is to the side but I figured it was the best I'd get so I booked. I was worried I'd book and they'd announce a second date but didn't want to risk missing out completely.

Advertisement