Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Joel live at the 02 on November 1st

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    i got the front row of Block A.

Im 23 so ill probly be the youngest there

Ha well im only a year older

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lynnington

I'm 20 haha. Heading up with the boyfriend and the parents. Mother is a huge fan so was a present for her. I think we are in block F

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Got my tickets this morning. Block G, row 26. A bit more to the side than I'd like but had similar tickets for Andrea Bocelli a few years ago and they were fine. I got them through the Ticketmaster app and husband was n the laptop at the same time and the best he was getting were way up the back.

Really looking forward to it. Always wanted to see him live but I hate standing gigs.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

00112984 wrote: »

Really looking forward to it. Always wanted to see him live but I hate standing gigs.

At least with standing you can get close to the stage. When he played Croke Park the tickets were a fortune (well a fortune to me at the time) so we ended up sitting 3 rows from the back on the pitch. That concert thought me never ever again get cheap seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

I got 2 tickets for my parents in g in the pre sale and was looking to get 2 mire in better seats today. The only block available were a and g and I was on bang on 9am both days, didn't bother getting any extra today, might get 2 standing for me and the Bro iof they're still on sale later

It's ridiculous that the blocks b to f weren't available, it wasn't as if it was like one direction with people waiting half an hour for ticket master cause of demand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Managed to get block L in the pre sale just after 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭jos_kel

Hi,
    Anyone selling any billy joel tickets, at least 1, but maybe 2, sitting or standing. Would like to see him LIVE.

Thanks,

Jos

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marob1969

Would like 2 tickets if they become available (standing or seated) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭promises

Would also love two tickets, myself and my boyfriends first date was to d gig in croke park so really really don't wana miss him :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Less than a week to go!! :-D

• Advertisement

Would love if Billy plays some of his early and more obscure stuff e.g. if he played Summer Highland Falls it would be a real treat

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

If he plays "She's Always A Woman" then that will be me happy :D

I think he'll play enough to keep the fairweather fans happy and a few little known gems for the die hards. I'm sure Uptown Girl will get an airing, will have to grin and bear that one. But Hey it's all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BobbyB77

Anyone one know who the support act is if any ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

How long is he likely to play for ?

He hasnt played many gigs lately so the setlist could be hard to predict.

I suspect it wont be a greatest hits setlist based on his comments in April when he told Rolling Stone that he was sick of merely playing his hits. "I don't want to be an oldies hack where I'm just playing songs everybody is familiar with," he said. "I don't have any new material, but I realized that if I play older material that has never been heard before, like an album track or an obscure song, that's almost the same as doing a new song."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

C'moooon Downeaster Alexa *fingers crossed*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Zardoz wrote: »
    How long is he likely to play for ?

He hasnt played many gigs lately so the setlist could be hard to predict.

I suspect it wont be a greatest hits setlist based on his comments in April when he told Rolling Stone that he was sick of merely playing his hits. "I don't want to be an oldies hack where I'm just playing songs everybody is familiar with," he said. "I don't have any new material, but I realized that if I play older material that has never been heard before, like an album track or an obscure song, that's almost the same as doing a new song."

He always changes his setlist around a little bit anyway, but the fact that he hasn't done many shows recently makes it difficult to predict. A recent gig in New York (from earlier this month) had a whole ton of "album tracks" and nothing from
    An Innocent Man
    . Now, of course, there were a whole ton of hits done too, and some of his non-singles are equally beloved of fans, but I'm sure there'll be a few obscure songs done on Friday.

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭SparkySpitfire

He played a gig on the 16th and here's the setlist:

SETLIST: Everybody Loves You Now / Movin Out / Vienna / The Entertainer / Room of Our Own / She’s Right on Time / Allentown / Great Wall of China / Miami 2017 / New York State of Mind / This Is the Time / Don’t Ask Me Why / Stop in Nevada / Downeaster Alexa / Blonde Over Blue / Scenes from an Italian Restaurant / River of Dreams / Piano Man // ENCORE: We Didn’t Start the Fire / It’s Still Rock ‘n’ Roll to Me / You May Be Right / Only the Good Die Young

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭phonypony

SETLIST: Everybody Loves You Now / Movin Out / Vienna / The Entertainer / Room of Our Own / She’s Right on Time / Allentown / Great Wall of China / Miami 2017 / New York State of Mind / This Is the Time / Don’t Ask Me Why / Stop in Nevada / Downeaster Alexa / Blonde Over Blue / Scenes from an Italian Restaurant / River of Dreams / Piano Man // ENCORE: We Didn’t Start the Fire / It’s Still Rock ‘n’ Roll to Me / You May Be Right / Only the Good Die Young

Jesus, it'd be a real treat if he did a set like that. However, given the reception some of the more obscure songs got the last time out in Croke Park, I wouldn't hold my breath. Maybe he'll do the old cheer for what you want to hear thing. I'm just delighted I finally get to go to a more intimate, indoor Joel gig here!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭promises

Finally secured tickets at the weekend, can't wait now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭donnbradman

Unreal! Cant wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭lcstress2012

SO NO PRELUDE/ANGRY YOUNG MAN ??? That's my fav because of all the fast piano in the beginning !!! hope he plays it

Setlist from last night in Manchester

Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)
    Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
    Everybody Loves You Now
    Where's the Orchestra?
    Allentown
    A Room of Our Own
    New York State of Mind
    The Great Wall of China
    Zanzibar
    Vienna
    Uptown Girl
    Don't Ask Me Why
    She's Always a Woman
    Blonde Over Blue
    Rule Britannia
    (Virgil Thomson cover)
    Scenes From an Italian Restaurant
    The River of Dreams
    Piano Man

Encore:
    We Didn't Start the Fire
    It's Still Rock and Roll to Me
    You May Be Right
    Only the Good Die Young

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭marob1969

Zardoz wrote: »
    Setlist from last night in Manchester

Miami 2017 (Seen the Lights Go Out on Broadway)
    Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)
    Everybody Loves You Now
    Where's the Orchestra?
    Allentown
    A Room of Our Own
    New York State of Mind
    The Great Wall of China
    Zanzibar
    Vienna
    Uptown Girl
    Don't Ask Me Why
    She's Always a Woman
    Blonde Over Blue
    Rule Britannia
    (Virgil Thomson cover)
    Scenes From an Italian Restaurant
    The River of Dreams
    Piano Man

Encore:
    We Didn't Start the Fire
    It's Still Rock and Roll to Me
    You May Be Right
    Only the Good Die Young

Great, anyone know if there is a warm up act, and also what time does that show conclude at?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Nice to see Zanzibar back in the set.
    Personally, I'm hoping for Summer, Highland Falls and Root Beer Rag. :D

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

jos_kel wrote: »
    I'm sure Uptown Girl will get an airing, will have to grin and bear that one.

He will probably have to sing it in Dublin although he hates singing it as it wrecks his throat .

I 'd like to see All about Leyna, All about Soul, I Go to Extremes, but they are probably too high tempo for him at his age .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭saintsaltynuts

Hoping for Zanzibar.Maybe a couple more from 52nd St.Cant wait all the same.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Right need to ask the die hards a question . Has Billy ever played an indoor show over here or support Elton John. I think i know the answer but my friend is trying to convince me he support Elton John a few years ago . Even though he has not played here since 2006 and this is his first arena show in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Billy & Elton played together in Croker. Tour was called Piano Men and his voice was in bits. Pulled out of the UK leg of that tour as his voice went.

He's only played the RDS twice and Croker twice (one on his own and once with Elton John) if the memory's right.

Sadly won't be there tomorrow night, tickets out of my league.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,367 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Does anyone know if there's a support act? Or where I might find out?

I'm heading to this on my own (spoilsport friends/family wouldn't come) and don't want to be hanging around for hours on my tod.... on the other hand, don't want to miss a potentially good first bit!

Advertisement