Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant in Parkway - name ?

• 23-05-2013 9:32am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Racking my brain to remember the name of the restaurant / takeaway that used to be in the parkway. It would have been in what is now the open area outside carfone warehouse. I worked in Dunnes for years ( part time ) and would often duck out there for curry chips and a burger ....

What was it called ? Struggling here ... :confused:

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

is it Planters...... i think haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

Nope- planters is still going - the one I'm referring to is well gone. It had a takeaway hatch at the side ( near where 2 euro shop is now ). Took up the area where the seats in front of the TV are now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Katies?

That's it ! Katie's !

Now what was the name of the girl with the long brown hair that worked there on thursday evenings ? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭AlfaZen

Kylemore - I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

That's it ! Katie's !

Now what was the name of the girl with the long brown hair that worked there on thursday evenings ? :p

Jaaaysssusss... Katy's!

Now that brings me back. What about that robocop themed 'delta city' diner at the far exit.

Put 7 years down in dunnes - forgot all about Katy's till this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Hooked wrote: »
    Jaaaysssusss... Katy's!

Now that brings me back. What about that robocop themed 'delta city' diner at the far exit.

Put 7 years down in dunnes - forgot all about Katy's till this thread!

Was Delta City where EBS is now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

Was Delta City where EBS is now?

I think so!

It was the first unit at the other entrance. (Norwood side). On the left as you walk in. Katy's... Delta city... Anyone remember 'universal sports' up near the now drapery entrance to dunnes? They had a shop in Arthur's quay too. Had some savage gear. The little shop opposite Katy's hatch, the toilets out the back of the dunnes hardware section. Good times.

Man, those 7 years in Dunnes seem like a lifetime ago. Must say, some of the best craic and made some lifelong friends. Must have walked that car park ramp off the Childers road to work almost 2000 times...

I did 10 yrs in Dunnes .. was great craic - tons of part timers in school / college etc.

Were you there ( on nightpack ) the night someone set fire to a 40ft container out in the stockroom yard ? Hundreds of turkeys and hams went up in flames ... was Christmas obviously. We all had great laugh, until we goin home and realised ALL of our saddles were missing from our bikes ... were in the burnt rubble the next day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I did 10 yrs in Dunnes .. was great craic - tons of part timers in school / college etc.

Were you there ( on nightpack ) the night someone set fire to a 40ft container out in the stockroom yard ? Hundreds of turkeys and hams went up in flames ... was Christmas obviously. We all had great laugh, until we goin home and realised ALL of our saddles were missing from our bikes ... were in the burnt rubble the next day.

I was in Dunnes for about 4 years. Don't remember that though. Must have been either before or after my time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

There was a restaurant of sort in the New Yorker club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Advertisement