Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orlando- order of places to stay (promity wise)

Options
  • 23-05-2013 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hey Guys

Myself and mate are going to Orlando for 2 weeks. Would this be the right order to book accommodation in terms of distance and proximity to each other

Arrive at Orlando Airport - go to international drive (stay 5-6 nights)

Move on to Everglades ( 2 nights) - how many nights would you need here? im guessing one day to get there, then one day tour and move on next day

Miami -3 nights

Key west 3 nights and head all the way back to orlando airport

We prob lookling for nigh life most nights so staying for example in key west for 6 nights isn't an option as we like to do a night in miami and night in key west

Thanks
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭BobMc

Did something similar, but in reverse order from miami to keys etc,

(flew into MIA, overnight in airport hotel, key west hit road, 8am, on way up stayed Ft Laud., then orlando)

My opinion is on the way down stay in Miami and travel out to tour the everglades, we stayed fort lauderdale as opposed Miami, Key West has a great night life so dont discount it for an extra night or two, allow an easy half day or so for drive down, head off early stop for breakfast on the way etc, we got a suprise how much we loved key west, great bars food, live music, not too strict about having an old drink along the main street at night, I went to an on street internet cafe one morning and had beer and sent emails, mallory square at night for street performers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Don't waste time staying in the Everglades, and having to get to/from and checking in/out of hotels there. You can easily get there from Miami. Lots of tour operators operate day trips from Miami to the Glades. In that part of the world, it gets completely dark by 8pm, even in summer time. There is not much to do out there, once you have done the day time tours of the wetlands. If you base yourself in Miami, you can enjoy the nightlife there afterwards. I'd slice a day or two off Orlando, and add it on to Key West. It is the best part of Florida imo, and I don't understand why so many Irish people spend so little time there. It will take you the guts of a day to get to and from there, so if you only go for 3 days, you'll nearly have to leave as soon as you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭allycavs

Wow guys. thanks for the advice. this is good.

Advertisement