Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Status of My Order

Options
  • 23-05-2013 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hi,

I ordered a phone line for a new build house in Meath from Eircom at the end of February.

I'm still waiting on it at this point. I have contacted customer support on numerous occasions and have yet to get a definitive answer on when Eircom will be out to connect me to the network.

It has gone beyond a farce at this stage. I doubt I will get any response at this rate.

If there was anybody else that would be able to complete the connection, I would have had them in and I would have been connected along time ago.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

jarvis_c82 wrote: »
    Hi,

I ordered a phone line for a new build house in Meath from Eircom at the end of February.

I'm still waiting on it at this point. I have contacted customer support on numerous occasions and have yet to get a definitive answer on when Eircom will be out to connect me to the network.

It has gone beyond a farce at this stage. I doubt I will get any response at this rate.

If there was anybody else that would be able to complete the connection, I would have had them in and I would have been connected along time ago.

Hi
    jarvis_c82

I appreciate you may have sent on the details previously. Would you mind sending on the name, address (order number if possible)

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭jarvis_c82

Hi
    jarvis_c82

I appreciate you may have sent on the details previously. Would you mind sending on the name, address (order number if possible)

Thanks, Mark
    Hi Mark,

My first name is Colm, house in Kilberry, Meath and my order number is [size=12pt][font=Calibri, sans-serif]4176300P[/font][/size]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Firstly make a Formal Complaint to Eircom then contact COMREG with all the details and maybe they can sort this out for you?

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Firstly make a Formal Complaint to Eircom then contact COMREG with all the details and maybe they can sort this out for you?
    Cheers Foggy

I'll give them by the end of the day to respond but a complaint will be made regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi jarvis_c82,

My apologises for the delay in coming back to you.

I have checked this order and the last update on it was 8/05 - awaiting license from Meath County Council with a forecast date for this work to be finished of the 8/06. I have sent an email off to the back office of the technicians to see if there is anymore that can be done to escalate it.

I'm afraid when licences are needed and permission for the extra digging work, It takes a long time and is out of our control.

I will come back to you when I have further information.

Thanks

Tracey

• Advertisement

Hi jarvis_c82,

My apologises for the delay in coming back to you.

I have checked this order and the last update on it was 8/05 - awaiting license from Meath County Council with a forecast date for this work to be finished of the 8/06. I have sent an email off to the back office of the technicians to see if there is anymore that can be done to escalate it.

I'm afraid when licences are needed and permission for the extra digging work, It takes a long time and is out of our control.

I will come back to you when I have further information.

Thanks

Tracey
    Hi Tracey

It is now the 10/06 and I have had no contact since your last message. 

Could you please provide me with a current status?

Regards

jarvis

Hi Tracey

It is now the 10/06 and I have had no contact since your last message. 

Could you please provide me with a current status?

Regards

jarvis
    Hi

I'm just following up to see if there has been any update.

Seriously if this is being passed off to an issue with the council, it is just passing the buck.

Why can I not get a reasonable response to this issue?

My order was originally placed on the 27th February with a technician out within 2 weeks. It is now nearly 15 weeks since my initial contact with Eircom.

Regards

jarvis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi

I'm just following up to see if there has been any update.

Seriously if this is being passed off to an issue with the council, it is just passing the buck.

Why can I not get a reasonable response to this issue?

My order was originally placed on the 27th February with a technician out within 2 weeks. It is now nearly 15 weeks since my initial contact with Eircom.

Regards

jarvis
    Hi jarvis

Would you be able to send on the details to me via PM and I can chase it up for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi jarvis

Would you be able to send on the details to me via PM and I can chase it up for you.

Thanks, Mark
    Mark

I take it there is still no further updates with this.

I have notified ComReg of my complaint and awaiting back from them at the moment.

Regards

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Mark

I take it there is still no further updates with this.

I have notified ComReg of my complaint and awaiting back from them at the moment.

Regards

J
    Hi jarvis_c82

There is no further update to this.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Al

• Advertisement

Hi jarvis_c82

There is no further update to this.

Apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Al
    Hi

I take there is no further developments on this.

I will continue without phone / broadband for the foreseeable future and will only receive internet updates while I am at work.

Regards

J

• Closed Accounts Posts: 795 ✭✭✭eircom: Tracey

Hi jarvis_c82,

I'm afraid there is still no update on your order, we are still awaiting a licence from Meath county council.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

thanks

Tracey

Hi Customer Service

Just giving you another update on the non-installation of my phone line.

I'm still awaiting on an engineer to be scheduled to come out to my house. I was instructed it would be 'Early August'.

It is now the end of August and near 6 months to the day I ordered my phone line.

What is the current hold up of my phone line? Why is it so hard to schedule an engineer? 

This order has gone beyond the stage of farcical. Do you even want to keep customers?

Hi Customer Service

Just giving you another update on the non-installation of my phone line.

I'm still awaiting on an engineer to be scheduled to come out to my house. I was instructed it would be 'Early August'.

It is now the end of August and near 6 months to the day I ordered my phone line.

What is the current hold up of my phone line? Why is it so hard to schedule an engineer? 

This order has gone beyond the stage of farcical. Do you even want to keep customers?
    Hi jarvis_c82

I have requested more information about this from operations and I am awaiting a response. As soon as I have more news on this I will let you know straight away.

Thanks

Al

Hi Eircom

Another 2 weeks has passed since my last message.

I have still not received my telephone line. I had an engineer out who rang the morning of 27/08/13 as he was coming out to install the line, however, I was obviously on my way to work so I was unable to be there on the day. He was helpful enough that he called in and had a look around on what needed to be done to complete my order. He made the relevant requests on what tools / equipment he needed to complete the job for the next day. 

He arrived the following day and completed some work around the house however he was given a set of rods not long enough for him to make the final connection. I was supposedly marked down as a priority for the completion of the job but as yet I have heard nothing from Eircom if I'm connected yet?

Could someone please let me know if my phone line has been connected? 

Regards

J

Hi Eircom

Another 2 weeks has passed since my last message.

I have still not received my telephone line. I had an engineer out who rang the morning of 27/08/13 as he was coming out to install the line, however, I was obviously on my way to work so I was unable to be there on the day. He was helpful enough that he called in and had a look around on what needed to be done to complete my order. He made the relevant requests on what tools / equipment he needed to complete the job for the next day. 

He arrived the following day and completed some work around the house however he was given a set of rods not long enough for him to make the final connection. I was supposedly marked down as a priority for the completion of the job but as yet I have heard nothing from Eircom if I'm connected yet?

Could someone please let me know if my phone line has been connected? 

Regards

J
    Hi jarvis_c82

I've looked into this and I can see that some works are still required to be carried out before your line will be ready.

I've contacted operations who have advised me that the completion forecast date is set at 16th of October however more issue may arise and they can't guarantee this completion date (I've even been advised it may be before this date).

At the moment it seems that there is no set timeframe I can guarantee however we will keep pushing on this and update you as soon as we notice any further progress.

Thanks

Al

Thank you for getting back to me.

However, I was told that my order was going to be placed as an urgent request.

So it looks like by the time this order is completed it will have taken 8 months!?!?!? For a phoneline? On a main road with houses either side of the property connected to the network. You would think this is a request for a line being installed in the middle of nowhere. 

As stated before, it has become a farce of an operation on what not to do on the installation of a phone line.

Absolute shambles. We have another ancillary service that is needed to run with a phoneline but has yet to be connected up and we are getting charged for it. Will Eircom refund me for those costs? Will I ever see an engineer at my property doing some actual work?

Thank you for getting back to me.

However, I was told that my order was going to be placed as an urgent request.

So it looks like by the time this order is completed it will have taken 8 months!?!?!? For a phoneline? On a main road with houses either side of the property connected to the network. You would think this is a request for a line being installed in the middle of nowhere. 

As stated before, it has become a farce of an operation on what not to do on the installation of a phone line.

Absolute shambles. We have another ancillary service that is needed to run with a phoneline but has yet to be connected up and we are getting charged for it. Will Eircom refund me for those costs? Will I ever see an engineer at my property doing some actual work?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi jarvis_c82[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]We are doing everything we can from here to help you.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]As previously advised there has had to be allot of work carried out to get a line to you and I'm unable to specify such technical details from here.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Eircom will not refund you anything you have paid to another company or for a service we are not providing. Eircom are not charging you anything at the moment and will only charge once the line is installed.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]There is nothing I can do to resolve this issue immediately however as I have advised I can however will keep pushing on this and update you as soon as we notice any further progress.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

Advertisement