Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coin Machine

Options
  • 23-05-2013 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    Does anyone know of a shop near the RDS area that has one of those coin counting machines? I have a bucket load of 1c, 2c and 5c that I want to get changed into notes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Some Centra's have them, maybe ring up a couple of local ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭HivemindXX

The newsagent No. 8 on Upper Baggot Street had one a few years ago, they might still do.

I assume you are aware these machines charge a significant fee for doing your counting. I far preferred the system I saw in use in the US, the large super market had a coin counting machine which didn't charge any fee but only paid out in a credit note.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Most Tesco's have them so the one in the merrion center should have but they charge 9% I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

nudger wrote: »
    Most Tesco's have them so the one in the merrion center should have but they charge 9% I think.

The Tesco ones charge a fee for converting to notes but you call use the full value off your shopping

athtrasna wrote: »
    The Tesco ones charge a fee for converting to notes but you call use the full value off your shopping

Hi athtrasna are you saying you can use it free of any charge off your shopping, and if so what's the procedure, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hi athtrasna are you saying you can use it free of any charge off your shopping, and if so what's the procedure, thanks.

Yes, the machine prints out a voucher and you either take it to the customer service desk for cash less their few or hand it to the cashier at the till to pay for your shopping (you get full value, no fees)

athtrasna wrote: »
    Yes, the machine prints out a voucher and you either take it to the customer service desk for cash less their few or hand it to the cashier at the till to pay for your shopping (you get full value, no fees)

Only had experience of a mate in London doing this and it paid out notes to him - the 9% charge, cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

The one in the Merrion was gone the last time I checked. I use the machine in Centra near Cassidys on Camden Street these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

use it on the self service tills in any tesco etc, no fees

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Running Balance

use it on the self service tills in any tesco etc, no fees

I love that idea. Thinking out side the box at its finest!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I love that idea. Thinking out side the box at its finest!!!

Some of the self service machines will stop accepting the coins after a while. Just press the button to get to select payment type and then you can add coins again

Advertisement