Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unknown Croatia 2013

Options
  • 23-05-2013 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Anyone heading to this festival or ever been to any of the festivals in this part of Croatia?? Seems to be 4 or 5 all on the the same place.. 5 of us heading over in September..

http://www.unknowncroatia.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

would love to go, lineup is amazing. don't think i can get anyone to go though. run by the people who do Hideout festival in Croatia, so should be relatively well organised for it's first year.

would love to go to Outlook/Dimensions too, on the week before Unknown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Having been to Rovinj twice and looking at the lineup - looks an amazing weekend. Was giving serious consideration to going but couldn't convince anyone to head away.

Camping on site sounds quality though -

Set in and amongst a lush, shaded forest the Unknown site is quite simply a campers haven. With an abundance of toilets / showers, the most stunning views, 3 swimming pools & the beach only a hop, skip and jump away, this really is kitted out for a delightfully cool (and peaceful!) nights sleep under the stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭culline

oo7tk wrote: »
    Anyone heading to this festival or ever been to any of the festivals in this part of Croatia?? Seems to be 4 or 5 all on the the same place.. 5 of us heading over in September..

http://www.unknowncroatia.com/

Have this booked awhile, about 9 of is in the group heading over. Line up is fantastic and weather/surroundings are meant to be epic! Think we are going to fly over a few days early and then travel to Rovinj the day before festival. Anyone with experience of Unknown recommend/advise things to do?:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭oo7tk

culline wrote: »
    Have this booked awhile, about 9 of is in the group heading over. Line up is fantastic and weather/surroundings are meant to be epic! Think we are going to fly over a few days early and then travel to Rovinj the day before festival. Anyone with experience of Unknown recommend/advise things to do?:pac:

What accommodation did you book?? There are 5 of us going and we are getting 3 star off site.. its a good price €260 for the week each..

How you gettin there?? We are thinking of flying to Venice and renting a car??

We booked this, worked out around 200 a piece for 5 lads. Looks decent enough.

http://www.travelrepublic.ie/hotels/croatia/istria_rovinj/cheap_rates_villas_rubin_hotel_hotel.html?oid=393050&mkid=79971664&aid=4&dev=c&gclid=CJ-StNvvrrcCFRA54QodWD8A_A

Haven't flights booked yet, but thinking of heading to Venice and making our way over from there! Will know arrangements in the coming weeks.

I see the trip as being a bit of a holiday as well as an awesome festival!

• Advertisement

We booked this, worked out around 200 a piece for 5 lads. Looks decent enough.

http://www.travelrepublic.ie/hotels/croatia/istria_rovinj/cheap_rates_villas_rubin_hotel_hotel.html?oid=393050&mkid=79971664&aid=4&dev=c&gclid=CJ-StNvvrrcCFRA54QodWD8A_A

Haven't flights booked yet, but thinking of heading to Venice and making our way over from there! Will know arrangements in the coming weeks.

I see the trip as being a bit of a holiday as well as an awesome festival!

But do you not have to book through the site for the festival?? It says this on the top of the page as you book..

Please note, tickets are only valid (and access to the event site permitted) when presented alongside an Unknown accommodation confirmation. Accommodation is only available to purchase through www.unknowncroatia.com and as part of a package through our official travel partners.

But do you not have to book through the site for the festival?? It says this on the top of the page as you book..

Please note, tickets are only valid (and access to the event site permitted) when presented alongside an Unknown accommodation confirmation. Accommodation is only available to purchase through www.unknowncroatia.com and as part of a package through our official travel partners.

I did, this is the accommodation available through the event site

I did, this is the accommodation available through the event site

oh sorry my bad.. Let me know what way you are flying and gettin to the event, its impossible to get near it directly only Venice.. Its a 5 hour drive from Venice so a bus would be torture...

oh sorry my bad.. Let me know what way you are flying and gettin to the event, its impossible to get near it directly only Venice.. Its a 5 hour drive from Venice so a bus would be torture...

Will do boss. Ya bus journey is torture as is from Zagreb (~7hrs).

This might be of use, just saw it now

http://www.mundiavocat.com/sites/default/files/uploads/images/HOW%20TO%20GET%20TO%20ROVINJ-EN.pdf

Will do boss. Ya bus journey is torture as is from Zagreb (~7hrs).

This might be of use, just saw it now

http://www.mundiavocat.com/sites/default/files/uploads/images/HOW%20TO%20GET%20TO%20ROVINJ-EN.pdf

I have tried all the airports near it and there is no direct flights and in total it takes about 9 hours.. Would myself prefer myself to get out of an airport and drive.. A car for the week from Venice is only €280 and thats between 5 so its cheap, doubt ya would even get a return bus that cheap...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 dncl

Anyone going to this that I can tag along with have a free ticket and camping from them because got in on the online promotional team.

I have tried all the airports near it and there is no direct flights and in total it takes about 9 hours.. Would myself prefer myself to get out of an airport and drive.. A car for the week from Venice is only €280 and thats between 5 so its cheap, doubt ya would even get a return bus that cheap...

Have you made any developments on travel arrangements yet? We have booked flight Dub -> Zadar on Sat 7th so gives us plenty of time to get to Rovinj (hopefully find a bus!):D

Have you made any developments on travel arrangements yet? We have booked flight Dub -> Zadar on Sat 7th so gives us plenty of time to get to Rovinj (hopefully find a bus!):D

Yea we are flying to Venice on Monday the 9th in the morning and renting a car from there... Will take about a 4 hour drive to reach Rovinj... Flying back the following Monday morning..

By the looks of it Zadar is approx the same distance from Rovinj so it sould be be a bad trip for ye.... What kinda money is it costing ye to get there?? Our flights were €126 and its €40 each for the car so in all its €200 to get to Rovinj which is not bad seeing as we will have the car for the week also..

Yea we are flying to Venice on Monday the 9th in the morning and renting a car from there... Will take about a 4 hour drive to reach Rovinj... Flying back the following Monday morning..

By the looks of it Zadar is approx the same distance from Rovinj so it sould be be a bad trip for ye.... What kinda money is it costing ye to get there?? Our flights were €126 and its €40 each for the car so in all its €200 to get to Rovinj which is not bad seeing as we will have the car for the week also..

Were either making a treacherous bus journey(~7hrs) down or a ferry/catamaran straight to Pula. We have given ourselves plenty of time to make it down so not too worried. Both cost in around 30 - 40 bucks. Our flights costs ~290 bucks altogether. I presume there's 4/5 of ye in the group given the fact ye have rented a car?

Were either making a treacherous bus journey(~7hrs) down or a ferry/catamaran straight to Pula. We have given ourselves plenty of time to make it down so not too worried. Both cost in around 30 - 40 bucks. Our flights costs ~290 bucks altogether. I presume there's 4/5 of ye in the group given the fact ye have rented a car?

Sorry I just see you have said theres 5 already:D

Sorry I just see you have said theres 5 already:D

Yea there is 5 alright and i know a guy in hertz so will get a nice little upgrade.. Would not be able to do a bus now for 6 or 7 hours especially after a week of a festival...

You can rent a car for as little as €150 and fit 3 or 4 people... How many going in your group?? Have you got your festival tickets yet?? Only thing we have to get

Yea there is 5 alright and i know a guy in hertz so will get a nice little upgrade.. Would not be able to do a bus now for 6 or 7 hours especially after a week of a festival...

You can rent a car for as little as €150 and fit 3 or 4 people... How many going in your group?? Have you got your festival tickets yet?? Only thing we have to get

There's 9 of us in the group altogether. Tickets were the first things bought! My transport is all but sorted. Dublin-> Zadar, Zadar-> Pula (Boat), Pula->Rovinj U.N.K.N.O.W.N, Rovinj -> Trieste, Trieste-> Birmingham, Birmingham->Dublin. Phew :o

There's 9 of us in the group altogether. Tickets were the first things bought! My transport is all but sorted. Dublin-> Zadar, Zadar-> Pula (Boat), Pula->Rovinj U.N.K.N.O.W.N, Rovinj -> Trieste, Trieste-> Birmingham, Birmingham->Dublin. Phew :o

Fook me man thats alot of traveling alright, say that worked out pretty pricy :eek: I have made it out that from Dub airport to Rovinj, accommodation, ticket and car hire will cost us €658 each... I think for a week accom, festival and travel is a great price even going to EP cost me that back in that day... My accom alone for a week in Ibiza was nearly that..

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Dazzler0911

Booked my flights, festival tickets and Accomodation for this there yesterday. Myself and the missus heading over for a week 7th - 14th.

Flying over via Paris Beauvais and back via Charleroi in and out of Pula.

Booked a 2*Apartment through the website which is situated in town, so will get a shuttle bus in and out.

Anyone know whats the story with the Boat Parties? Sounds slick.

Also, has anyone been to Rovinj or even Croatia before, whats it like? Cheap? Sound people ? etc

Gettin excited for this now

Booked my flights, festival tickets and Accomodation for this there yesterday. Myself and the missus heading over for a week 7th - 14th.

Flying over via Paris Beauvais and back via Charleroi in and out of Pula.

Booked a 2*Apartment through the website which is situated in town, so will get a shuttle bus in and out.

Anyone know whats the story with the Boat Parties? Sounds slick.

Also, has anyone been to Rovinj or even Croatia before, whats it like? Cheap? Sound people ? etc

Gettin excited for this now

My girlfriends sister is just back from holiday there and she said it is beautiful and scenery is unreal... Also she said all the beaches are stoney instead of san, dont ask why that stuck in my head :confused::confused:

Read reviews about Hideout festival which are by same organisers so based kinda on the same thing and the boat parties are supposed to be class alright...

• Advertisement

My girlfriends sister is just back from holiday there and she said it is beautiful and scenery is unreal... Also she said all the beaches are stoney instead of san, dont ask why that stuck in my head :confused::confused:

Read reviews about Hideout festival which are by same organisers so based kinda on the same thing and the boat parties are supposed to be class alright...

Did ye book Book Party? Four Tet one sold out QUICK so we are heading to DJ Koze one! Can't f***ing wait!!

Ha, I'll be on the same both as you so. Was gonna go for the Four Tet both but tickets flew out. Dj Koze will more than suffice.

Should be beast. Looks as if theres a second announcement of Boat Parties too. Jaysis, if theres a boat with Todd Terje playing on it I'll be getting on that boat, one way or the other !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,598 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Nice, Jon Hopkins added too.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

If there is a second round of boat parties, I'd guess Scuba, Kerri Chandler, Joy Orbison and possibly Hawtin would be announced.

BTW is the pool place an actual stage for the main gigs, or is it another addition like the boat parties? It doesn't sound like it can hold a lot, which is weird when you have the likes of Richie Hawtin and Nina Kraviz playing it. Who am I to know though..

The boat parties are expensive for what they are, Dimensions' ones being half the price.. but it'll be good craic!

I got the Boat party ticket for Erol Alkan, flippin delighted with that as they sold out unreal quick!!!!

Cant wait now its non stop till September, im doing the Irish Cannonball the weekend before... Will be an action packed 2 weeks!!!!

Anyone know anyone that went to any of the other festivals in Croatia???

useded wrote: »
    If there is a second round of boat parties, I'd guess Scuba, Kerri Chandler, Joy Orbison and possibly Hawtin would be announced.

BTW is the pool place an actual stage for the main gigs, or is it another addition like the boat parties? It doesn't sound like it can hold a lot, which is weird when you have the likes of Richie Hawtin and Nina Kraviz playing it. Who am I to know though..

The boat parties are expensive for what they are, Dimensions' ones being half the price.. but it'll be good craic!

Was thinking the same. I'm sure more info will come out, if not we'll se when we get there I guess.Are you allowed swim in the sea during the festival like? Just wondering cos water and alchohol/illegals aren't the greatest combination

Was thinking the same. I'm sure more info will come out, if not we'll se when we get there I guess.Are you allowed swim in the sea during the festival like? Just wondering cos water and alchohol/illegals aren't the greatest combination

It seems the Pool Stage is for main gigs by the looks of the map, its has the icon for a stage beside the pool anyway so im sure it is..

Was looking at some of the other festivals and it had loads of inflatables in the sea for people to relax and play on so swimming will be a yes..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qki_9gPp31I

This video makes me very excited..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxRSlKRyMug

Im sure Unknown will be something along the lines of this, you can see the inflatable things im talking about at approx 1:30..

It seems the Pool Stage is for main gigs by the looks of the map, its has the icon for a stage beside the pool anyway so im sure it is..

Was looking at some of the other festivals and it had loads of inflatables in the sea for people to relax and play on so swimming will be a yes..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qki_9gPp31I

This video makes me very excited..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxRSlKRyMug

Im sure Unknown will be something along the lines of this, you can see the inflatable things im talking about at approx 1:30..

That video has also gotten me very excited...looks the business

Nice, Jon Hopkins added too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWveFZpzXsA

Have had this on repeat since i saw him at Body & Soul, superb live :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭useded

Forest stage announced. Probably the better line up out all the stages announced so far. Starting to see a pattern between forests and the best music at most festivals!

Ame / Cyril Hahn / Dixon / FCL / Floating Points / George
    Fitzgerald / Giles Smith / Henrik Schwarz / Jackmaster / James
    Holden / James Priestley/ Jamie XX / John Talabot / Joy Orbison
    Last Magpie / Lindstrom / Oneman / Paul Woolford / Prins
    Thomas / Richy Ahmed / Scuba / Subb An

Advertisement