Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I a podcast retard??

Options
  • 23-05-2013 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I use the Pocket Casts app (http://www.shiftyjelly.com/android/pocketcasts) to download and sync Podcasts across a couple of devices namely an Android phone and an Android tablet. It's a great app and easy to use. I've about 7 podcasts set up and the app automatically downloads the latest podcasts at 4am each morning. I like to listen to Podcasts while driving (via bluetooth) or in the gym etc.

I'd also like to be able to listen to podcasts on my (Win 8) PC at work but for the lie of me I can't figure out either a piece of software or a website which will easily allow me to identify my favourite podcasts, automatically download them or present the latest one and play them.

Is there a Pocket Casts app for Windows???

I tried using the "Pull" and "Juice" software but couldn't figure out how to add podcasts. Both ask for URL's to be added. Where do I get the URL's? I've a TuneIn Pro account. Can I listen to Second Captains (for example) on TuneIn or am I limited to the (mainly USA focused) podcasts they offer?

What do people here do to listen to podcasts online? What's the easiest way for a numpty to find, follow and listen to podcasts online?

Confused.com :confused:

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Would you consider using iTunes?

Genuinely I haven't come across a better program to subscribe to and download podcasts yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Would you consider using iTunes?

Genuinely I haven't come across a better program to subscribe to and download podcasts yet.

I have tried to use iTunes for years and absolutely HATE the program. I find it counter intuitive and just too in your face. Also, it's forever wanting to do updates which require 80mb downloads. WTF??

I'm not one of those Android heads who hates Apple for no good reason, not at all. I had an iPod as far back as 2003 and have had various mini iPods and shuffles etc since but eventually gave up on them due to how difficult I found iTunes to use. The hardware was tip top but iTunes was terrible.

Is there a version of iTunes which just does Podcasts and nothing else? :P

Ben

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

BenThere wrote: »
    I have tried to use iTunes for years and absolutely HATE the program. I find it counter intuitive and just too in your face. Also, it's forever wanting to do updates which require 80mb downloads. WTF??

I'm not one of those Android heads who hates Apple for no good reason, not at all. I had an iPod as far back as 2003 and have had various mini iPods and shuffles etc since but eventually gave up on them due to how difficult I found iTunes to use. The hardware was tip top but iTunes was terrible.

Is there a version of iTunes which just does Podcasts and nothing else? :P

Ben

Not that I'm aware of unfortunately. :P

I will say though, the latest version of iTunes (11.0.3) is probably the best there's ever been. It's faster, more intuitive IMO and better looking, so maybe it'd be worth giving it a go again?

Also, you don't have to update iTunes every time it tells you to, When I had slower internet I would only update it when a major new version was released.

But I'm sure there are others out there that someone else will mention, so if you really hate iTunes that much then I apologise for being no help whatsoever. :P :)

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I will say though, the latest version of iTunes (11.0.3) is probably the best there's ever been. It's faster, more intuitive IMO and better looking, so maybe it'd be worth giving it a go again?

I might have to do that :o

Ben

BenThere wrote: »
    I might have to do that :o

Downloaded iTunes and basically turned everything bar podcasts off.

It might just do the trick :D

Cheers,

Ben

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

I just use the RSS Reader extension in Chrome and it works a treat for me.

jq2YoEz.png

Advertisement