Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry Way 25k

Options
  • 23-05-2013 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

Just signed up to do the 25K version of the Kerry way race in July. Not sure if this race has been held before or if it is the first year of it.

Was wondering if anybody else is doing this or has done it before (if it has been held before)

http://www.26extreme.com/productdetails/1484/the-kerry-way-k55-k25-k15.aspx

Anybody done any races organised by these guys before? good, bad or indifferent??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭jfh

same day as Achill Half, pity, looks good, don't know why they didn't advertise it before now or else i missed it.
    not the best value either..

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mdlb

jfh wrote: »
    same day as Achill Half, pity, looks good, don't know why they didn't advertise it before now or else i missed it.
    not the best value either..

True, not very well advertised.. I found it by accident.... Also true on the value..just suits my circumstances better than other ones for that weekend so went for it.... will be a nice run if we get decent weather!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,637 ✭✭✭Enduro

mdlb wrote: »
    Anybody done any races organised by these guys before? good, bad or indifferent??

Yes, I've done quite a few of their races. They're sound lads, and good race organisers. I've had good experiences in every one of their races that I've competed in.

Mod: moved from another thread

There's also a 55km, 25km and 15km run on the Kerry Way on the 6th July.

http://www.26extreme.com/productdetails/1484/the-kerry-way-k55-k25-k15.aspx

Seems like the finish is Sneem and participants will be bussed back to Blackwater, Dromquinna and the Gap of Dunloe depending on distance entered. Might do the 25km one, have run the Sneem Kenmare leg of the Kerry Way a couple of times and it is pretty stunning, takes you over hills with views over the bay, across open mountains, and down to the sea shore through a couple of miles of old woodland.

Put up a link to the Kerry Way Ultra on the FRA forum, hope they got a few enquiries from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭mdlb

Race cancelled due to lack of entries.... :( ....

• Advertisement
Advertisement