Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scanning a UPC STB

Options
  • 23-05-2013 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone advise how to scan a UPC STB and receive only the stations that Ive subscribed too. In other words, I do not subscribe/pay for Sky Sports etc, so I dont want the Sky Sports page to come up saying that I need to subscribe when I flick through stations. I only want the stations that I subscribe to to appear.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

iba wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone advise how to scan a UPC STB and receive only the stations that Ive subscribed too. In other words, I do not subscribe/pay for Sky Sports etc, so I dont want the Sky Sports page to come up saying that I need to subscribe when I flick through stations. I only want the stations that I subscribe to to appear.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
    It's not possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

TheTechGuy wrote: »
    It's not possible.

That is a bummer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Use Channel + and -

Unlike Sky, it skips the channels you're not subscribed to, but will appear in the TV Guide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭iba

Use Channel + and -

Unlike Sky, it skips the channels you're not subscribed to, but will appear in the TV Guide

Thanks for that.

Thought I was doing that last nite; but I'm using a Logitech remote; I don't use the UPC one - so maybe that makes a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,550 ✭✭✭✭L1011

It should work regardless.

My HD box has, occasionally, shown me the channels I don't have with the +/- minus buttons for some reason, but its been a case of maybe two or three times in a 6 month period or so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement