Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to get a Shiba Inu pup. Advice needed.

Options
  • 23-05-2013 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

I've done some checking online and the average prices for Shiba Inu dogs are massive. €500 - €1000 or more.

Are these just the prices for pedigree's?
    Does anyone know any "non-professional breeders" out there for this dog?
    Preferable in Ireland, but UK is an option.

Rescue options are rare, I'm looking out every now and then for ones - I'm willing to wait a long time.
    If I were to find a source in the UK, would there be a problem taking the dog back to Ireland?

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Usually a "non pedigree" or "non professional breeder" means a Donedeal backyard breeder operation; not always but very very often so I'd be very careful considering walking down that route (for the vet costs you'll incur due to poor breeding etc. if nothing else).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

500 is actually quite reasonable for these dogs. 1000 would be more the norm to be honest.

Shiba's arent a very common breed so hence the price.

I dont know what you mean by "pedigree's", all breeds are pedigrees.

Also, please stay well clear of non professional breeders, they are basically puppy farmers and back yard breeders.

If you are really set on getting a pup, start saving now. Research your breeder and keep in touch with them about upcoming litters in the future.

There is no problem sourcing a pup in the uk, but you will prob pay even more for the pup over there and unless you really know a breeder or get recommended, chances are you wont find a pup too easy.

Just make sure the breeder health tests the parents, this is an absolute must before purchasing and breed of dog.

Advertisement