Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20 bottles of beer 13 euros.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

65 cent a bottle! around 1.50........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 633 ✭✭✭clevtrev

bud 20x300ml
    carlsberg 20x300ml
    bavaria 20x330ml

€2.16 per litre and 1.96 per litre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Xcellor

65 cent a bottle! around 1.50........

Oopps.

20/13 != 13/20 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

Thanks OP,stock up now for next bank holiday,or just this wend :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Meh
    Dunnes have the Carlsberg & Budweiser 20x330ml for €12.98

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 168 ✭✭kirb42

Xcellor wrote: »
    http://www.tesco.ie/groceries/ProductBuylist/default.aspx?id=L00001689

20 bottles for 13E , around 0.65 a bottle.

They are 300ML which seems to be the new size for a lot of beers. Miss the extra 30ML :)

Xcellor.. I was also missing the 30MLs until I copped that the new 300ML is the equivalent of one unit of alcohol... printed on the side of the bottle, apparently... hope the information helps....

Why did they reduce the bottles by 30mls? I thought they looked small, I thought I was getting a drink problem the way I was drinking them so fast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

WTF. How come Budweiser is so cheap? I never see Heineken at that kind of price. Think i'll be having a change this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Tulipout wrote: »
    WTF. How come Budweiser is so cheap? I never see Heineken at that kind of price. Think i'll be having a change this weekend.

Because bud is absolute pikey sweat and Heineken is a half decent beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Someones gotta pay for those cinematic ads and beautiful people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

7ofBrian wrote: »

I think bud is grand, nice and mild. Heineken horribly overpriced and a bit too hoppy or starchy for my liking. Also tastes even worse out of a bottle I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭7ofBrian

Well each to their own but I used to get violent hangovers from bud and the aftertaste the next day was like sucking a urinal cake (or what I would imagine sucking a urinal cake tastes like . And if you believe everything you read apparently it's full of all kinds of chemicals and ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Tulipout

I think bud is grand, nice and mild. Heineken horribly overpriced and a bit too hoppy or starchy for my liking. Also tastes even worse out of a bottle I think

I don't mind taste of bottled Heineken but my OH dosen't like me drinking it. I like bottled Bud and for that price, you can't go wrong. I'll check the date though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

"Bud" police have arrived. They never fail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I don't mind taste of bottled Heineken but my OH dosen't like me drinking it.

Wtf?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭jmorrisey

Wtf?

+1

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

jmorrisey wrote: »
    +1

Maybe it's like Stella to him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,562 ✭✭✭celt262

bri007 wrote: »
    Why did they reduce the bottles by 30mls? I thought they looked small, I thought I was getting a drink problem the way I was drinking them so fast

To stop the publicans going in and clearing the shelves and then selling them for €5 a bottle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

funnily, the UK brewed bud is actually drinkable.
    The irish brewed stuff though does sometimes have a strange taste of sewage or something off it. Very peculiar.

Still, if your tastebuds dont pick up on that from Irish brewed Bud then its a middling decent deal all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭anuprising

funnily, the UK brewed bud is actually drinkable.
    The irish brewed stuff though does sometimes have a strange taste of sewage or something off it. Very peculiar.

Still, if your tastebuds dont pick up on that from Irish brewed Bud then its a middling decent deal all right.

I've noticed this also.
    same goes for the English brewed coors and Miller - much nicer

• Advertisement

Yeah noticed it with coors, much nicer taste, same with bud. Weird smell of the irish budweiser as well, what ever they put in it. The uk bud is much nicer,but id drink both :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

celt262 wrote: »
    To stop the publicans going in and clearing the shelves and then selling them for €5 a bottle.

I saw a girl at a wedding getting caught with her own bottles of Bud , lounge boy copped on to the smaller bottle. Oh and probably the multi pack on the label. But if you buy the six pack of bottles in the carry pack they're 330ml and don't say multi pack.

haha one of those moments you want the ground to open so you can escape :D ah well, worth a try, did they say anything to them?
    Karen23 wrote: »
    I saw a girl at a wedding getting caught with her own bottles of Bud , lounge boy copped on to the smaller bottle. Oh and probably the multi pack on the label. But if you buy the six pack of bottles in the carry pack they're 330ml and don't say multi pack.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Hollzy

Do you have to buy online or is the offer available in store as well?

Bavaria is far superior to both and its the cheapest of all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Yeah, thanks for that............... (jasus, will they ever cease ?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Good ol Bav

Karen23 wrote: »
    haha one of those moments you want the ground to open so you can escape :D ah well, worth a try, did they say anything to them?

She looked all around her as if she hadn't heard him and got up and walked away leaving them all on the table.

Very funny.

I shot off down to Tesco Wilton there and they have plenty of all 3 beers.

Got myself 40 bottles of Bavaria, its the best offer in a while on Bavaria, slightly better than the 24 cans for 24 euro that's around every now and then, should have stocked up more when the 24 cans for 20 offer was on though a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I like the 300ml bottles. I got a rake of them in for a party next week. Last time I had a party for one of my young lads, I found the best value was with 500ml cans, However, the morning after the party, I was picking up dozens of half full cans. What a waste. The smaller bottles should help reduce that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Yawn..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

each to their own folks, but at this price you cannot go wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭eass82

oldyouth wrote: »
    I like the 300ml bottles. I got a rake of them in for a party next week. Last time I had a party for one of my young lads, I found the best value was with 500ml cans, However, the morning after the party, I was picking up dozens of half full cans. What a waste. The smaller bottles should help reduce that

Agreed, value if you having a session is in the cans but for parties etc bottles are king. when people arent buying them they are more inclined to have 2 slugs and then ditch the can or turn it into a makeshift ashtray... boy do they stink in the morning.

Living in the UK though i miss the 500 ml cans bigtime, i seem to plough through the 440ml ones at an abnormal rate and the selection here is truely terrible. Tennants, fosters, stella and carling.... yuk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Hear, hear.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

Think Dunnes Tesco will have a big bank holiday weekend promotion this year?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Got a few Carlsberg bottle packs in Tesco Letterkenny a few hours ago. There were no bottle packs of Bud to be seen, just an empty pallet.

FWIW, the BBE date on my bottles is 11 June 2013 so close to their sell by. Not that it'd worry me and I'll have the few cases drunk by then!

The box of Bud I got for €12.98 in Dunnes , best before date is 22/09/2013

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Rashers72

I am up in Belfast at the moment, and while the beer may be cheaper by the bottle down south (if bought in smaller packs), the best before dates here are in 2014, which I have yet to see around Dublin supermarkets anyway....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Rashers72 wrote: »
    I am up in Belfast at the moment, and while the beer may be cheaper by the bottle down south (if bought in smaller packs), the best before dates here are in 2014, which I have yet to see around Dublin supermarkets anyway....

Yes but it's not a cold war we are stocking up for, in general 6 months is more than enough if your stocking up, the beer will be fine 6 months to a year after the best before date.

Yes but it's not a cold war we are stocking up for, in general 6 months is more than enough if your stocking up, the beer will be fine 6 months to a year after the best before date.
    Good point, but some of the dates I have seen in Dublin supermarkets are BBD in the summer, with the latest mid September. I have a feeling it was over supply, and they are now just selling them off before they need to dump them. Whereas up North the deals are just normal, with good dates. But after Euro GBP conversion, I think the deals on 4-6 bottle packs are better down south.

• Advertisement

Just bought 20 bottles (300ml) of bud in Tesco's for EUR14, best before date mid November, so must be 'fresh' enough....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Antrim_Man

Rashers72 wrote: »

The Bud up North is nicer than the stuff down here. Its stronger with a fuller flavour.

Advertisement