Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buggy cleaning

• 23-05-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi all.
    so i've been given a mamas and papas travel system by the sister in law for my baby due in october. its been in her attic for 5 years so it needs a good scrub.
    we took all the covers off the pram,buggy and car seat. i'm not sure if they can be thrown into the washing machine or do i need to get the scrubbing brush out. other than needing a good clean, its fine.
    any cleaning suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭McBubbles

I am in the same situation. I was told to use some warm water with Milton and a drop of non bio washing liquid and get the nail brush at it for the bits I cannot remove. The rest will go on a gentle low spin cycle in the washing machine, waiting for a really nice week so I can leave it outside to air after that :)
    Hope this helps

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would not use the car seat after it has been in storage that long.
    A steam cleaner helps too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There should be a label on the covers stating how to wash them.
    If there is none let them soak in detergent and water overnight, then scrub using some brush and let air dry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

To echo another point, it is not recommended to use second hand car seats as there is no way of know what use/abuse they've had. A child heavier than the recommended weight might have used it or a seat might have been in a minor accident. New car seats are not that expensive and its the only thing I would not take second hand, especially one that is over five years old (I presume its not new from five years ago but was in use for a while).

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

McBubbles wrote: »
    I am in the same situation. I was told to use some warm water with Milton and a drop of non bio washing liquid and get the nail brush at it for the bits I cannot remove. The rest will go on a gentle low spin cycle in the washing machine, waiting for a really nice week so I can leave it outside to air after that :)
    Hope this helps

will give the milton and detergent a go so. i was afraid to put any of the stuff in the washing machine for fear i'd wreck it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭monday monday

lazygal wrote: »
    To echo another point, it is not recommended to use second hand car seats as there is no way of know what use/abuse they've had. A child heavier than the recommended weight might have used it or a seat might have been in a minor accident. New car seats are not that expensive and its the only thing I would not take second hand, especially one that is over five years old (I presume its not new from five years ago but was in use for a while).

i never even thought of that. i just thought it was handy because i could clip car seat straight from buggy into car. will look into getting a new car seat. thanks a mill.

Advertisement