If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" TV and maybe more...

Options
  • 23-05-2013 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

NEED SOON:

Looking for a recommendation for a 32" TV.
    It'll be hooked up to a Sky+HD box and possibly a Blu-Ray player but will not be connected to any audio equipment so must be able to hold it's own in the sound department.

STARTING TO THINK ABOUT:

After that my living room is looking in need of a tech refresh (if I can convince the purse strings holder). My current setup consists of:

Onkyo 607 Receiver
    Sony BDP-S350 Blu-Ray Player (becoming temperamental)
    Sony KDL-40W5500 (scratched by one of my kids - they blame each other for it)
    ...and my speakers are fine and will remain where they are for now.

Given the W5500 has a fairly hefty surround/bezel on it I reckon I could go as far as a 46" with little or no bezel, but anything bigger would be too much for the room.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hey Codpeas.

Cheers for the post.

In terms of the 32, are you looking for smart, 3D etc ?

Most 32's are not the greatest in terms of audio but one that I could recommend would be the Sony KDL32R423A. This has very good sound quality and is a cracking little TV in terms of picture.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kdl32r423a/sony-kdl32r423abu

Alternatively if you wanted something slightly higher spec then the next one would be the Panasonic TXL32E6.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl32e6b/pana-txl32e6b

Not sure where the budget lands compared to these but let me know what you think.

On the 46/47", there are lots of options.

If you were doing the lot at the same time, would you have an approx budget in mind and what speakers do you have ?

Sorry for the questions, I'd rather quote you for something that's within the budget instead of me going off on one !

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

For the 32" those two sit at around the right place from a budget perspective. No requirement for 3D or Smart on that one.

For the rest the timing may be a couple of months out and the budget for that lot would roughly be in or around the 1000-1200 mark, though that may have a little flexibility in it.

For size, 46/47" would be nice but the 'right' 40/42" would still be in the running. :)

My current speakers are Monitor Audio Radius HD range as follows:
    Subwoofer: R370HD
    Left/Centre/Right: RoneHD
    Surround/Surround Back: 4x R90HD

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Codpeas.

Dave is off for a few days so I'll try and reply and help.

Is your 1200 budget in Sterling or Euro and is it for both Tv's and Amp or just two TV's?

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

Hi Codpeas.

Dave is off for a few days so I'll try and reply and help.

Is your 1200 budget in Sterling or Euro and is it for both Tv's and Amp or just two TV's?
    Thanks Kenny!

The 1200 budget is STG (for now) and is for a 40-46" TV, Blu-Ray player and Receiver to replace the ones mentioned.

For the 32" TV I'm just mulling over the two options that Dave provided so we can keep that separate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Codpeas.

Cheers for the reply and I'm now back in the office until Friday so hopefully we can get you sorted with something that fits the bill.

The largest single expense is going to be the TV.

With the budget you have in mind, I would stick to a good quality 42" as opposed to going for a cheap 46" model 

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl42et60b/pana-txl42et60b

This new Panasonic is a really nice model and with a huge price drop even though it's a brand new 2013 model, it's a great TV for the money. Smart, passive 3D, wifi, 600Hz processing and very stylish.

This combined with the Yamaha RXV673 would make for a huge upgrade on your previous Onkyo receiver. The Yamaha is amazing and won receiver of the Year under £500 in what Hifi.

In terms of the blu ray, we have a mega deal on the Sony BDPS490 multiregion which is down to just £69.95 so I would look at this as your blu ray as it's excellent value and a great little player.

This would come in at £1179.85 including delivery and there is a 5 year warranty on the TV. You can take the 5 year on the Yamaha for £39.95 and for £9.95 on the blu ray if you wanted the option to cover the entire system for 5 years.

This doesn't include cabling but let me know what you think and if you need any cables, surge protector etc.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.