Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EIRCOM E-FIBRE SCAM WARNING

• 23-05-2013 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

I had a call from an eircom rep last week and he took my order for e-fiber broadband.

He assured me that I would have a tech call me this week and to arrange an install time.

Today I rang eircom to query the install time - they have no record of the order.

Im wondering if some scammer out there managed to scam my bank account details from me..

Any one come across this yet?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,526 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Try asking in the Eircom forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭MajorMax

i'd hazard a guess that this is down to the standard level of eircom incompetence, rather than a scam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

stezie wrote: »

Im wondering if some scammer out there managed to scam my bank account details from me...

did you give them your bank details? why would you think they might have managed to get them?

Pretty sure its just Eircom. Scammers are alot more organized then that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

had a similar problem with sky, ordered something and had to call up twice before it went through

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

im hoping its down to incompetence alright.. either way ive instructed the bank not to authorise and direct debits from my bank account.

Ive opened a thread on the eircom talk forum if yous wanna read more there.

http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2056955436

• Registered Users Posts: 30 poldenais

Hi I had the exact same problem...lost order details yet still were able to send me a bill. I have rang four times now and just posted up asking did anyone have the same problem.

Also the salesman sold me a package at 40 Euro for unlimited BB and now Eircom are saying this costs 45 Euro and will rise to 50 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭new fang

poldenais wrote: »
    Also the salesman sold me a package at 40 Euro for unlimited BB and now Eircom are saying this costs 45 Euro and will rise to 50 Euro.

exact thing happened to us. their 8MB uncongested is also a lie; noticed the lag, did a speed test online, and this was confirmed by an acquaintance who actually works in tech support for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

Sounds like typical Eircom to me. One agent has no idea what another one has promised. Back when we were trying to get connected in our new apartment, I was on the phone to an agent. The landlord's agents called then, who also said they'd just finished with speaking. So then did our ISP call up to report on their conversation with Eircom. All three agents were saying different things. It's only when I called up and got through to someone I used to work with that things got sorted out.

Don't trust that what one agent says to you, another will have any clue about it later on.

• Advertisement
Advertisement