Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When will the Availability Map be updated to reflect actual availability?

Options
  • 23-05-2013 2:38pm
    Moderators Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭

Hi Reps!

I've spoken to 3 different sales people now and got told each time that my estate was no yet enabled because the Cabinet that serves us has not been commissioned and they couldn't tell me when it would be commissioned. I also pointed out that the availability map says I am in a Live area and they told me this would be brought up with the technical team and would be updated. Can someone please tell me if the map will ever be updated to reflect the actual availability or are we supposed to just ring and hope every few weeks until it actually is available? It's very frustrating to be told on a website that you are in a Green 'Live' area when in fact the majority of areas in Green cannot get it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

LFCFan wrote: »
    Hi Reps!

I've spoken to 3 different sales people now and got told each time that my estate was no yet enabled because the Cabinet that serves us has not been commissioned and they couldn't tell me when it would be commissioned. I also pointed out that the availability map says I am in a Live area and they told me this would be brought up with the technical team and would be updated. Can someone please tell me if the map will ever be updated to reflect the actual availability or are we supposed to just ring and hope every few weeks until it actually is available? It's very frustrating to be told on a website that you are in a Green 'Live' area when in fact the majority of areas in Green cannot get it.

Thanks!

Hi LFCFan,

The efibre map is a visual representation of the planned efibre roll out and phases

http://www.eircom.net/efibreinfo/map/

However not ever address / cabinet is connect to the efibre network within the highlighted areas.

Which is why we have the line checker is available to check the individual line address.

I am afraid until the later roll-out phases progress. There is contact point guideline we can give as it would be purely speculative at this early stage I'm afraid.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement