Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have I been scammed by an Eircom Rep?

Options
  • 23-05-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

I had a visit from an eircom rep last week and he took my order for e-fiber broadband.

He assured me that I would have a tech call me this week and to arrange an install time.

Today I rang eircom to query the install time - they have no record of the order on the system.

Im wondering if some scammer out there managed to scam my bank account details from me..

Any one come across this yet?

i was talking to a sales agent and I asked to be put through to a supervisor. he put me through to his team lead "B.K." I could barely understand him and any time i asked what office he worked in all he could do was tell me his working hours. So I dont know if he got the point that i am so concerned that a rep is going around collecting bank account details on behalf of eircom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

stezie wrote: »
    I had a visit from an eircom rep last week and he took my order for e-fiber broadband.

He assured me that I would have a tech call me this week and to arrange an install time.

Today I rang eircom to query the install time - they have no record of the order on the system.

Im wondering if some scammer out there managed to scam my bank account details from me..

i was talking to a sales agent and I asked to be put through to a supervisor. he put me through to his team lead "B.K." I could barely understand him and any time i asked what office he worked in all he could do was tell me his working hours. So I dont know if he got the point that i am so concerned that a rep is going around collecting bank account details on behalf of eircom.
    i had the same thing,

i ordered last week when eircom rang me, they gave me the prices and the conditions and i said yes, so he said someone would be in touch to organise a call out, he never took my bank details though...

when i rang 1901 a week later (Tuesday) and enquired about it i was told they were so busy they hadn't time to ring anybody back yet, but those customers were better off ringing in themselves and he put me through the order forms, and gave me my time and date...

turns out also new customers get the €50 package at €45pm for the first 6 months,  as the first guy told me that, but the second guy said no, it was for new customers only, fairly annoying to be told the wrong price when i signed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭stezie

The more i look through the boards, the more and more negative comments I see on how Eircom treat their customers..

I suppose thats whats you'd expect from company in this position, seeing as Eircom is owned by Babcock & Brown - who has been in Liquidation since 2009. Pity the communications minister cant step in and take this mess over and get it sorted.

Wiki Eircom

Wiki Eircom Holdings

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I suppose thats whats you'd expect from company in this position, seeing as Eircom is owned by Babcock & Brown - who has been in Liquidation since 2009. Pity the communications minister cant step in and take this mess over and get it sorted.
    TBH, reading the forums here make UPC and Vodafone seem worse than Eircom at times, as you only ever see the complaints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

The more i look through the boards, the more and more negative comments I see on how Eircom treat their customers..

Wiki Eircom

Wiki Eircom Holdings

Hi stezie

Can you PM me with your address and I will look into the efibre availability and see if I can track down  the order.

Thanks, Mark

pm'd

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

They don't need your bank account details to scam you, the cancellations team offered me my package at the same price as SKY were offering and with no contract on 7/5/13 but now they deny ever making the offer and are refusing to give me a copy of the call where the offer was made to me!

Hi Stezie,

I got your PM thanks, I have confirmed that the exchange and address your local cabinet is under is connected to efibre.

Apologies would you be able to send me your full name to try locate the order.

Thanks, Mark

Yes i know the area has efiber, as the cabinet is only 100m away. ill pm you my name aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭briggy

I ordered online on Tuesday and still haven't been contacted... I wonder has my order been forgotten about or should I call Eircom myself?

Yes i know the area has efiber, as the cabinet is only 100m away. ill pm you my name aswell
    Hi stezie

I located the order and PM you with the details.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Mark why did that order only go through today?

Mark why did that order only go through today?

Hi Stezie,

We have a huge volume of per-orders and orders from the May 20th Launch date via all the different channels.

So we have a dedicated team processing the orders in Que as the come in. However due to the volume there are some delays.

Thanks, Mark

Strange.

#1 the rep assured me i would have a call today at the latest for installation tomorrow. I asked him if it was set up by tomorrow, then thats fine i can save another months payment to my other ISP. He placed an urgent note on the order.

#2 i was nervous about giving my bank account details to a door to door sales man. after he assured me it was safe, and his supervisior assured me all is safe, he showed me the order being uploaded from his tablet to the eircom server there and then. I dunno how it magically appeared in your system with todays date.

#3 i was told that i can ring up eircom and confirm that he was legit and my details were secured, so when I rang eircom today and they had no record of any sales order, alarm bells went ringing. Guess what advise my bank gave on this situation.

#4 Eircom wants to tie me into 18months contract worth of this customer service? how would Eircom management recommend I should proced as a customer thats has no faith in a company to keep my bank account details, and can trust putting through a simple order?

you can see this is a very upsetting situation ...

Strange.

#1 the rep assured me i would have a call today at the latest for installation tomorrow. I asked him if it was set up by tomorrow, then thats fine i can save another months payment to my other ISP. He placed an urgent note on the order.

#2 i was nervous about giving my bank account details to a door to door sales man. after he assured me it was safe, and his supervisior assured me all is safe, he showed me the order being uploaded from his tablet to the eircom server there and then. I dunno how it magically appeared in your system with todays date.

#3 i was told that i can ring up eircom and confirm that he was legit and my details were secured, so when I rang eircom today and they had no record of any sales order, alarm bells went ringing. Guess what advise my bank gave on this situation.

#4 Eircom wants to tie me into 18months contract worth of this customer service? how would Eircom management recommend I should proced as a customer thats has no faith in a company to keep my bank account details, and can trust putting through a simple order?

you can see this is a very upsetting situation ...

Hi stezie

I apologise if the rep advised it would be up and running by this date.

I can confirm the order was legitimate, as per the order details I provided.

I completely understand the frustration, if you would prefer to cancel the order I can advise on the contact/ process to do so.

Thanks, Mark

Hi stezie

I completely understand the frustration, if you would prefer to cancel the order I can advise on the contact/ process to do so.

Thanks, Mark

right got an email today to say the scheduled install date is two weeks away.. so three weeks from order to actual install.

my neighbour put his order in monday through Smart/Digiweb. it was installed today.

if i give you his e-fiber order number can you identify why his install was prioritised over mines.
    and by the way it was an eircom engineer who set up his modem.

seeing as i specifically requested a quick install and the sales rep said he will mark that on the order.

right got an email today to say the scheduled install date is two weeks away.. so three weeks from order to actual install.

my neighbour put his order in monday through Smart/Digiweb. it was installed today.

if i give you his e-fiber order number can you identify why his install was prioritised over mines.
    and by the way it was an eircom engineer who set up his modem.

seeing as i specifically requested a quick install and the sales rep said he will mark that on the order.

Hi
    stezie

Given the numbers of order that were taken as part of the roll-out. The orders had to be processed in terms of date received. Which could only be actioned from the 20th May.

I am afraid we can not expedite the appointment date as it has assigned the earliest possible slot.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ingtina65

Hi stezie

Thanks, Mark
    I had the same problem, I live in Tralee (I'm Italian)

a guy with a fake name (I suppose) Coleman O'hagan - rang at the door with Ipad and an eircom van,

he took my bank details the 9th of May 2013 and made me sign what appear to be a contract

promising that the switch from my current provider would have happened in 2 weeks.

I phone eircom yeasterday, after 1 month and they don't know anything about any switch on 

my name.

I'm kind of worried about the fact that he took my bank details.

Max

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ingtina65 wrote: »
    I had the same problem, I live in Tralee (I'm Italian)

a guy with a fake name (I suppose) Coleman O'hagan - rang at the door with Ipad and an eircom van,

he took my bank details the 9th of May 2013 and made me sign what appear to be a contract

promising that the switch from my current provider would have happened in 2 weeks.

I phone eircom yeasterday, after 1 month and they don't know anything about any switch on 

my name.

I'm kind of worried about the fact that he took my bank details.

Max
    Hi ingtina65

Would you like to send me a PM including your landline number and I'll try to have this investigated?

Thanks

Al

Hi
    stezie

Given the numbers of order that were taken as part of the roll-out. The orders had to be processed in terms of date received. Which could only be actioned from the 20th May.

I am afraid we can not expedite the appointment date as it has assigned the earliest possible slot.

Thanks, Mark
    Mark, Im eventually connected up to efiber.. whoopdido! 

download speeds are ok, (48Mbps) but upload speed is quite slow, 7Mbps. I should be expecting near 20Mbps upload. Can you find out if there is a configuration issue..

also I will need to set up a standing order at my end here as my bank has been instructed not to authorize any direct debits because of the order mess up originally. Can you have the details sent through for me to set that up so that i can pay it through my bank when a bill is issued.

Mark, Im eventually connected up to efiber.. whoopdido! 

download speeds are ok, (48Mbps) but upload speed is quite slow, 7Mbps. I should be expecting near 20Mbps upload. Can you find out if there is a configuration issue..

also I will need to set up a standing order at my end here as my bank has been instructed not to authorize any direct debits because of the order mess up originally. Can you have the details sent through for me to set that up so that i can pay it through my bank when a bill is issued.

Hi stezie

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you, Glad to hear it is up and running.

I sent on the details to managers in broadband / efibre support.

The speeds to the main socket look fine however I am afraid we have very limited access to the efibre technical systems.

So they asked if it would be possible to give them a call on 1890 260 260 *Inusure to enter your tel no: so the call is put in the queue to an efibre agent.

What details do you need for the direct debit and I will PM them to you.

Mark

• Advertisement

I dont have a telephone number. Broadband only I got.

For me to set up a standing order at my end, I need Eircoms bank account number, and a reference number so when i pay money into eircoms bank account it will be linked to my bill.

I dont have a telephone number. Broadband only I got.

For me to set up a standing order at my end, I need Eircoms bank account number, and a reference number so when i pay money into eircoms bank account it will be linked to my bill.

Hi,

I sent you 2 PMs with the efibre account details & the eircom bank details.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, sent you a PM there. hopefully you can sort this for me. I rang 1901 and tried to pay my bill but they didnt want to take my money or allow me to set up a standing order.

Hi Mark, sent you a PM there. hopefully you can sort this for me. I rang 1901 and tried to pay my bill but they didnt want to take my money or allow me to set up a standing order.
    Hi stezie

I messaged you back there.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement