Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What effects your T&C's on your mortgage

Options
  • 23-05-2013 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

If I apply to the bank to reduce the amount of my mortgage either to interest only or to an agreed amount with the bank, will it effect the terms and conditions of my mortgage. I have a tracker and do not wish to lose it. Any feedback welcome. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Hi weatherwatcher,
    Renegotiating the terms of your mortgage should not affect your tracker rate. If you wish to change repayments to interest only or reduce your repayments the bank will require you to complete a Standard Financial Statement (SFS) which details all your income and expenditure and you will also have to supply supporting documentation such as payslips, bank statements etc.
    Trish

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

The banks must make it clear to you when you are changing anything that will affect your tracker. If in doubt ask them.

Advertisement