Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 5 eating data

• 23-05-2013 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭

Hi All, since I got my Iphone 5 in December is has really been eating my data allowance. I have 2GB of data a month with Vodafone and also had this amount of data on my old 3GS. I never once went over the 2GB on the old phone however have been over it by an average of about 700MB a month since I changed phone! Any ideas what would be doing this?? I monstly use it for twitter/facebookg and some browsing but dont stream many videos on youtube etc so cant understand it! Anyone have similar problems? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

if you install a free app called Onavo Count, it will give you a breakdown of cellular data usage by application.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paulhaze

Noticed the same, just been in the Vodaphone shop, it is a common problem with Iphones 5. The device updates from 12am- 2am and their advice is to knock off 3G at night. Settings-general-cellular.
    Mine just used 2gb in 3 days!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

I found last year the podcast app was downloading stuff I hadn't meant to subscribe to. It was also downloading whole podcasts every time I listened to snippets of stuff.

100Mb podcasts can soon add up.

My allowance is screwed this month as I watched a load of the WWDC conference live stream on the train!

Advertisement