Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GPS Tracker

• 23-05-2013 3:18pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Posting this on behalf of a friend,she got a new dog recently and she was wondering was it possible to buy like a gps tracker collar or something for the dog?so she could track track the dogs whereabout without getting it chipped?
    She priced one from the uk but it was very expensive.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,323 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Pawtrack but I don't know their cost; most GPS trackers would usually end up in triple digit price to be honest (look out for any monthly fees); also found TrakaPet (269 USD) and of course your list of third party Chinese versions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

You can't track a dog with a chip. They are solely for identification purposes.

Plus a collar will be next to useless if the dog is stolen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nody wrote: »
    Pawtrack but I don't know their cost; most GPS trackers would usually end up in triple digit price to be honest (look out for any monthly fees); also found TrakaPet (269 USD) and of course your list of third party Chinese versions.

Thanks,I'll show her this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Senecios post deleted as it was neither helpful or considerate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Hi
    Posting this on behalf of a friend,she got a new dog recently and she was wondering was it possible to buy like a gps tracker collar or something for the dog?so she could track track the dogs whereabout without getting it chipped?
    She priced one from the uk but it was very expensive.

Thanks

What happens when the collar gets broken/taken off though and somebody finds the dog but has no way of tracing it back to it's owner because it's not chipped?
    Anyhoos if your friend gets one make sure you can view a map - I did this with my dog once in the park and it was very funny!! :pac: I just used an phone and tracking app btw not a collar

• Advertisement
Advertisement