Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I just shoot them in the face:D

I'm hoarding my ammo until the credits roll.

have full pistol ammo and full rifle ammo. :rolleyes:
    haven't fired a shot for fear of wasting it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

You can buy ammo from traders. I used to hoard in games as well, then i thought, feck it, use it and enjoy using it, there's plenty of ammo later in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

my last couple of mercenary encounters have gone as follows lol:

1619713_o.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I'm hoarding my ammo until the credits roll.

have full pistol ammo and full rifle ammo. :rolleyes:
    haven't fired a shot for fear of wasting it. :(

Feck that dude, fire away! Plenty of ammo around the place & you can buy it cheap from the traders too!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭north_star_33

I thought dead island was really boring...swatting zombies with broomsticks and spanners got very old very quick...did about 4 hours...

thats why ive held off on deciding on getting this....the lack of health is fine...but lack of good huns would put me off..

• Advertisement

but lack of good huns would put me off..

??

ktulu123 wrote: »
    ??

ze germans, tommy.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭north_star_33

Obviously i meant to say guns....not huns

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I find using the slicing weapons much more satisfying then using guns especially when mixed with all the blueprints. I only use the pistol/machine gun if I'm too far way and even then I worry about attracting virals!

Found my first quarantine zone yesterday which was a very handy xp boost with all the supply crates available. Are there many of them around the slums?

Found my first quarantine zone yesterday which was a very handy xp boost with all the supply crates available. Are there many of them around the slums?

There'a 5 in the Slums and 3 in Old Town. Clear them all to get 'Trespassing' achievement:)

• Advertisement

I would have liked to see less ammo in the game, kinda like the way 'Contagion' has it, very few and far between, that would have made it more valuable, and I wouldn't pull out the old Police Rifle as quick unless getting overwhelmed......but it's still fun shooting them:-)

Hard Mode on the way......
    Designed to make mincemeat of all but the hardiest apocalypse dwellers, Dying Light’s Hard Mode will make night time even more brutal, with deadlier, bloodthirsty enemies and a renewed focus on stealth and scavenging for supplies.

”A few gamers have already finished Dying Light and are asking for more,” said Tymon Smektała, producer on Dying Light. “So we’re going to give our community a new challenge that will put everything they learnt in the game to the test. Hard Mode is exactly that. We’re aiming to have it out around the start of March, if not sooner. Depends on how brutal we wanna make this on people.”

If you just can't wait for the Hard Mode update which is coming soon, there is a Super Aggressive Zombies mod that's already available. You have been warned though, it certainly doesn't go easy on you...

Alongside the Hard Mode the first content update will bring some undisclosed gameplay improvements and new character outfits. Techland has also begun distributing redeem codes to exclusive weapons, the first of which is N0A-8DF-09TB, which can be redeemed at Dockets.DyingLightGame.com

Hard Mode will hopefully be the first update of many. Will you braving the new Hard Mode?

Quick question -
    I'm just after starting the mission "saviors" - I'm assuming this opens up a new area? will I still be able to return to the slums or should I clear out any side quests first
    ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

ye can go back and forth between the areas after ye complete that quest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I would have liked to see less ammo in the game, kinda like the way 'Contagion' has it, very few and far between, that would have made it more valuable, and I wouldn't pull out the old Police Rifle as quick unless getting overwhelmed......but it's still fun shooting them:-)

I find they have it balanced though. I don't want to shoot because of all the runners that get attracted to the noise. I like to do stealth kills instead, my favourite being a machete thrown at zombies heads.

I needed a stiff whiskey after playing single player and clearing a building with that screamer kid in it.

I find they have it balanced though. I don't want to shoot because of all the runners that get attracted to the noise. I like to do stealth kills instead, my favourite being a machete thrown at zombies heads.

I needed a stiff whiskey after playing single player and clearing a building with that screamer kid in it.

I did "the Pit" mission last night, thought it was class. For all the stick the story is getting, I'm really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I'm enjoying the story too though only 15% through it. I'm more or less just doing all the side missions now as the game is forcing me to go out in the dark more for the story part which is still a big no-no for me!!

It's all introducing more super-zombies which I like for variety but really starting to despise the boomer :(

I'm enjoying the story too though only 15% through it. I'm more or less just doing all the side missions now as the game is forcing me to go out in the dark more for the story part which is still a big no-no for me!!

It's all introducing more super-zombies which I like for variety but really starting to despise the boomer :(

most times , if a mission falls at night, you can go to a safe house and wait till morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

He's a sneaky bastard. Always jumping out from behind doors.

* Hard mode to be added, sounds great.

Looking through my friends list I am surprised not many people are playing this game. Could it be due to the physical release being delayed until the end of February maybe?

https://twitter.com/OXMUK/status/566210291554615297

• Advertisement

Free dying light weapon.

Go to http://globalreliefeffort.com/

Username: agent_crane
    Password: savehurran

* Redeem your code here https://dockets.dyinglightgame.com
    Also use the following code N0A-8DF-09TB and make sure you link to your account (PS4, XB1, PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Is this better than Dead Island. I didn't like Dead Island really and from watching vids from various youtubers it seems very similar, is it worth getting?

MadYaker wrote: »
    Is this better than Dead Island. I didn't like Dead Island really and from watching vids from various youtubers it seems very similar, is it worth getting?

It's similar but a lot more serious in tone. Also the parkour is a great addition. I'm not a zombie game fan but I'm really enjoying this.

It's similar but a lot more serious in tone.

It's definitely not more serious :P And yes it's an awesome game, miles better than Dead Island

MadYaker wrote: »
    Absolutely, its a real step up from Dead Island.

I finished the story in the game last night. The last 20 minutes was very exciting.

There are many side missions and challenges to be completed pre/post story so I am looking forwarding to completing them.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dead Island was a game that could have been good, Dying Light fulfils its promise.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    It's definitely not more serious :P And yes it's an awesome game, miles better than Dead Island

Ah in fairness, you and your band of cackling maniacs would make a very serious game seem funny 😃

MadYaker wrote:

Much better, videos don't do it justice, just get it and go for a wander at night, then, after you change your shorts, enjoy the game:-D

• Advertisement

Yup. Night is legit scary

Advertisement