Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Ah in fairness, you and your band of cackling maniacs would make a very serious game seem funny 😃

haha We have tried to play things seriously, usually ends up in explosions & tears :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Got caught out after dark, miles from a safe house after my encounter with the kid in the apartment building. Seriously game, Wtf? Had to call it a night after that, genuinely disturbing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Got caught out after dark, miles from a safe house after my encounter with the kid in the apartment building. Seriously game, Wtf? Had to call it a night after that, genuinely disturbing.

I told everyone earlier the screamer is a bit screwed up, but I guess it's one of those things people need to see for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

i just threw a nail bomb at it :cool: i was like freak this out baby ! pew pew

New funny moments video, Enjoy!

• Advertisement

i just found a giant stone penis in the sea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭eggy81

Lone Stone wrote: »
    i just found a giant stone penis in the sea

Ok, cool I guess. What do you make of dying light though or have you played it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Just finished campaign, 46 hours later:-) Anyone used a stasis grenade yet? freakin awesome LoL

Here's the last funny moments video for a while until some DLC comes out :) Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭outdoors247

It looks good I like the nighttime gameplay

• Advertisement

eggy81 wrote: »
    Ok, cool I guess. What do you make of dying light though or have you played it yet.

i dunno im not really into games i just enjoy looking at rock formations and willies, whats dying light sounds interesting ?

dyinglightpenis.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

dyinglightpenis.jpg
    A monument to dicks all over the world :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the single player boring being played on your own ? Its better in co op is it?

Is the single player boring being played on your own ? Its better in co op is it?

I've played through most of the main campaign on my own (family dictates limited time and odd hours). I've about 2 missions left to do (84% completion in main story 34% in side missions).

I haven't found it boring at all to be honest, the missions are a bit fetch questy and maybe a little overlong at times, but all in all I've had good fun. I will say that I reckon its definitely easier in a group as you have the added person there to distract and inflict damage on the heavies, myself and failsafe took down a boss in short order the other night, simply because he kept changing which of us he was going to attack, leaving the other player attack his back safely.

Once I've the story finished, I probably wont play anymore of the side quests solo,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It looks like the EU disk version has been delayed by another week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Xenji wrote: »
    It looks like the EU disk version has been delayed by another week.

You're crapping me.:eek:

You're crapping me.:eek:

Retailers are tweeting that they hope to have it by March 6th.

Retailers are tweeting that they hope to have it by 27th.

The 27th was the release day anyway.???

No other sites are saying it was delayed an either have Amazon, they tend to be the first to come out saying sorry for delays.

Retailers are tweeting that they hope to have it by 27th.

why is that after happening I wonder? the game seems to be doing pretty well on the digital download front, you'd imagine that they're missing out big time by not having stock on shelves. Was it a case of judging the demand before pressing the discs?

• Advertisement

The 27th was the release day anyway.???

No other sites are saying it was delayed an either have Amazon, they tend to be the first to come out saying sorry for delays.

Yeah, meant March 6th :o
    After having already missed the initial release in late January, the game in Europe should go on sale on 27 February. Playfront is first dealer to inform you that this deadline can not be met and the disc version will be released on 06 March, and thus a week later.

why is that after happening I wonder? the game seems to be doing pretty well on the digital download front, you'd imagine that they're missing out big time by not having stock on shelves

It is doing great in sales figures, it's sold 1.2 million copies in it's first 30 days beating CoD: AW and GTAV sales figures. Not bad for a game released in January.

best game ive played in a long time having great fun with it about 70% through the story and about 60 hours into it just fecking about havent done any multiplayer stuff, (this does not include indies cause well.. yep) This was a very pleasant surprise.

best game ive played in a long time having great fun with it about 70% through the story and about 60 hours into it just fecking about havent done any multiplayer stuff, (this does not include indies cause well.. yep) This was a very pleasant surprise.
    It is nice to play a game that is surprisingly good. Most games these days are over hyped disappointments.

I didn't expect much from this game when I seen it first.

The achievement for completing all the side quests is called the "The whole story" Possibly because many of the quests you complete expand more on the Harran situation (e.g) The source of the outbreak, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I worked in a DVD company in the late 90s and if we had the master on a Monday@9am we could have it into all Euro distribution centres by thursday afternoon and that would be 100,000 of them. With a rolling schedule it would be a million a week. And that was a small Dublin based company (small compared to bigger ones)

The disc delay is utter bull****.

You didn't work in NCV KD did ya?

Only one mission left to go :( a sure sign of a good game where I'd like the main story to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Enjoyed it. After watching the first dead island trailer this is more what I expected from it.

I was really hoping it would be like I am alive with the enemy and weapon situation where pointing a gun at someone will make them surrender or run if outmatched. Not try to attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ktulu123 wrote: »
    You didn't work in NCV KD did ya?

KAO/Zomax, long gone now after the US managers decided that the biggest contract they had (Microsoft) would make less discs and the console thing they were bringing out wouldnt be a success (Zomax had EMEA contract in the bag).

Yup the original xbox......

• Advertisement

That side quest with the distress call repeating is super creepy...

Advertisement