Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Abnsolutely F*CK that 'Dying Lunch' challenge part 2. What an absolute pain in the ringpiece! Nearly tore my hair out trying to complete it but thank **** have the thing finished now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Abnsolutely F*CK that 'Dying Lunch' challenge part 2. What an absolute pain in the ringpiece! Nearly tore my hair out trying to complete it but thank **** have the thing finished now!
    It's a very tough challange on console. The gun controls in the game seem more optimised for PC.

I watched players on YouTube sail through the challange and then I noticed they where playing the PC version of the game. Mouse precision I guess.

It's a very tough challange on console. The gun controls in the game seem more optimised for PC.

Yeah probably but also if you do the apocalypse mission for Jeff before doing this it ****s it up somehow too making it harder than it should be. :confused:

Anyone using the Dying Light companion app?

It's surprisingly addictive. You earn supplies that can then be packaged in the app and collected in-game.

The supplies aren't anything magical however when a hard mode is released the companion app could become a great resource for supplies which will be very limited such as medic packs and ingredients to upgrade weapons.

The app presents a game mode where you send runners out to both sides of Hurran to scavenge and conduct hunt missions.

The reward for successful missions is an increase in rank for your selected runners, loot and possibly an opportunity to recruit a new runner. You can select 1-3 runners per mission.

Fail and/or do poorly and one of your runners may be badly injured or at worst, KIA.

Playing the game well will result in you managing an expanding group of runners which will allow you to run many missions simultaneously. The loot haul increases greatly with such a large team.

From the app menu you can package the collected supplies together to make a supply drop that can be collected at the in-game quarter master. Once you begin your next game you'll notice an on screen prompt that alerts you to collect the package.

With the default difficulty setting this app isn't that valuable. For very early ranks it will be helpful however once a player gets higher in rank supplies are plentiful. Hard mode will be where this app shines. The loot collected would not be considered OP for hard mode so I hope the developers do not deactivate the feature.

The app is available on both Android & IOS.

Google play:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.techland.dyingLight.CA&hl=en

iTunes Store:
    https://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/dying-light-companion/id953047231?mt=8

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just started playing this on the X1, and I've noticed a wierd sort of textured 'overlay' for want of a better description in darkened indoor areas, it looks terrible. Game itself looks fine in outdoor areas, but just those indoor areas look like crap - couldn't find anything about it online though? Mentioned it to a friend and he said I was just being a PC snob, but when he actually saw me playing it he noticed it straight away as well.

Game itself...decent so far, funny enough it's not grabbing me the way Dead Island did though...but it's early days for me. The other annoying thing is that the game stutters at times on the X1 also, feels like it's running at 25fps frequently, half thinking of just selling it and buying the PC version before I get too far in.

• Advertisement

Strange, I never noticed anything like that...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just started playing this on the X1, and I've noticed a wierd sort of textured 'overlay' for want of a better description in darkened indoor areas, it looks terrible. Game itself looks fine in outdoor areas, but just those indoor areas look like crap - couldn't find anything about it online though? Mentioned it to a friend and he said I was just being a PC snob, but when he actually saw me playing it he noticed it straight away as well.

Game itself...decent so far, funny enough it's not grabbing me the way Dead Island did though...but it's early days for me. The other annoying thing is that the game stutters at times on the X1 also, feels like it's running at 25fps frequently, half thinking of just selling it and buying the PC version before I get too far in.

Try a hard reset of the console. I played through the full game and it was smooth the whole time.

rihOrCA.png

PC Snob!! Lol.

I haven't noticed the indoor issues you mentioned. I have noticed some times the game dips some where between 25-30 frames a few times, just an estimate.

The game looks really good on console for a console game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

buying the PC version before I get too far in.

Yes do this

• Advertisement

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Yes do this

This is how I read this...

ijne0.jpg

Sorry :p

I started playing mirrors edge today as I fancied A bit more parlour. An hour in and I had to stop from the feeling of motion sickness. Weird, haven't experienced that since watching a friend play doom on the Sega 32x years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Only started this yesterday, does the game get a propper day night cycle or is the passing of time scripted the whole time and tied to story elements?

Just noticed as I was climbing on the characters watch it's been 19:30 for hours now :D

calex71 wrote: »
    Only started this yesterday, does the game get a propper day night cycle or is the passing of time scripted the whole time and tied to story elements?

Just noticed as I was climbing on the characters watch it's been 19:30 for hours now :D

After the tutorial missions you get a dynamic night and day cycle, you'll take note of how close it is to darkness when starting a quest as it makes it a lot harder if night falls halfway through!

Some story missions will end up with you caught out regardless of what time you start it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I've rented this from xtravision and was wondering if i do buy it will i be able to continue from where i left off on the rental disc ?

I've rented this from xtravision and was wondering if i do buy it will i be able to continue from where i left off on the rental disc ?

There's no difference in retail/rental, you could even buy a digital download and the save would work.

Yes of course. Your game save should be on your console.

There's a duplicate glitch you can do in this game. Not sure people know or if people approve of that kind of thing in here? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

There's no difference in retail/rental, you could even buy a digital download and the save would work.
    Yes of course. Your game save should be on your console.

Thanks,i kind of thought it would but wasn't sure :o

There's a duplicate glitch you can do in this game. Not sure people know or if people approve of that kind of thing in here? :p

Glitching you say ? 9780590440806.jpg
    :pac:

• Advertisement

Glitching you say ? 9780590440806.jpg
    :pac:

Cheers bud, just ordered that on Amazon. Really looking forward to reading it now!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tyrone-Double-Dirty-Rotten-Cheater/dp/0590440802/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425765353&sr=8-1&keywords=tyrone+the+double+dirty+rotten+cheater

I couldn't resist it , the prospect of infinite exploding throwing stars was too much :o

I couldn't resist it , the prospect of infinite exploding throwing stars was too much :o

Wait till you discover the korek machete. You'll be duplicating alcohol like a Kerry poteen distiller in an effort to keep yourself stocked up . The yolk is like a lightsabre!

Dying Light ★ Korek Machete [EASTER EGG]: http://youtu.be/N7NWKSd6wOQ

Jump to 1:40 to see it in action.

Dying Light ★ Korek Machete [EASTER EGG]: http://youtu.be/N7NWKSd6wOQ

Jump to 1:40 to see it in action.

Only 500 damage tho? My premium katana is 1400 :D

Hard mode incoming. I can't wait.

https://twitter.com/dyinglightgame/status/573270962172370944

At the start of the game I really enjoyed when supplies were limited and I had to attempt risky actions to get supplies for medics packs and other gear. Hopefully hard mode keeps this level of challenge throughout the game.

Anyone one interested in going for the Polyamory achievement ? will need 4 of us completing 5 missions in one sitting.

Anyone one interested in going for the Polyamory achievement ? will need 4 of us completing 5 missions in one sitting.

Id be up for it, but id literally have to schedule it in - any night after 8pm suits me.

side missions are probably the best bet too - some of the story missions can take ages.

Id be up for it, but id literally have to schedule it in - any night after 8pm suits me.

side missions are probably the best bet too - some of the story missions can take ages.

Ah I'm working to have 5 ready for hand in or as close as possible, to cut down on the time.

• Advertisement

Ah I'm working to have 5 ready for hand in or as close as possible, to cut down on the time.

I like your style!

Advertisement