Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

The Following is going to be stand alone (still free with season pass) but looks like I can get rid of my copy of the main game now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

So this looks like the kinda game that ages well with updates and mods. I think I actually might get this sometime if there's a GOTY or some sort of package that includes all the DLC. On sale of course :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It's well worth full price, I haven't had as much fun with a game in a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

The Following is going to be stand alone (still free with season pass) but looks like I can get rid of my copy of the main game now.

That's awesome! I sold on my copy a few months back when I had enough. How much will this stand alone go for? Only as a download I take it? Or will there be a physical release?

That's awesome! I sold on my copy a few months back when I had enough. How much will this stand alone go for? Only as a download I take it? Or will there be a physical release?

No idea if it will have a physical release but on it's own it's still cheaper than buying the season pass at 14.99.

It's not worth buying the season pass for this imo the arena style dlc was not very good or easy to play on your own. The rest of of the pass was just cosmetics.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

When is it out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

When is it out?
    Soon, that's all they'll say so far.

Apparently there's 10 hours of gameplay in this standalone game.

Some impressions of a demo of this DLC.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/8/13/9147369/dying-light-following-expansion-dune-buggy-hands-on-impressions-gamescom-2015

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

gameplay from new DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

They're offering a decent demo now for anyone still wanting to try it:

Dear zombie fan,

Are you still unsure whether to get Dying Light or not? Or perhaps you’d like to play Dying Light with your friends but they just won’t buy the game? We’ve got a perfect solution: a Dying Light Demo! It’s free. It supports co-op play for up to 4 players. And it’s available now on PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC!

The demo offers 3 hours of unique content, including quests, challenges, and random encounters. It also features all the core gameplay mechanics of Dying Light, such as the day&night cycle, parkour-based Natural Movement system, creative brutality, crafting, and more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Sweet,just started downloading the demo there.

This is only€30 in smyths on PS4 atm and ive been thinkin of grabbing it so ill try the demo

• Advertisement

First vehicles revealed:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

The Following DLC won't be released until next year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Surprised at that. They seemed to be gearing up to a launch during the summer with loads of momentum and then... Nothing

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Just started playing the campaign last night with my brother, after just two hours of gameplay I can already tell it will be one of the best online gaming experiences I'll ever have!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I really have to finish this game.

Its in my diary for January.

Just a heads up for those who don't have a season pass, it's getting a price hike on Dec 8th to 29.99.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-22724-Techland-Warns-of-Dying-Light-Season-Pass-Price-Rise-For-The-Following.html

At least they are being upfront about it and not stealthing in the hike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just a heads up for those who don't have a season pass, it's getting a price hike on Dec 8th to 29.99.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-22724-Techland-Warns-of-Dying-Light-Season-Pass-Price-Rise-For-The-Following.html

At least they are being upfront about it and not stealthing in the hike.

how much is it now? It seemed like a great deal for what is apparently coming down the line.

how much is it now? It seemed like a great deal for what is apparently coming down the line.

going to be 10 euro more , at 29.99, currently 19.99. The Following DLC will be 19.99 on it's own and will be stand alone. Thinking about it though the last DLC and other little bits really could be lived without.

Just picked up the season pass from the Singapore marketplace for what worked out as 16.50E.

Quick reminder to everyone that the price of the season pass is going up by a tenner on the 8th December.

• Advertisement

Just picked up the season pass from the Singapore marketplace for what worked out as 16.50E.

Quick reminder to everyone that the price of the season pass is going up by a tenner on the 8th December.

Only €9.45 from russia but I guess you had some of that cheap singapore credit to use up huh? :P

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Only €9.45 from russia but I guess you had some of that cheap singapore credit to use up huh? :P

Got it in one! Only 184 left to spend....

Got it in one! Only 184 left to spend....

Christmas 12 days of deals coming up, your cheap moolah won't last long, neither will your HDD space :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Christmas 12 days of deals coming up, your cheap moolah won't last long, neither will your HDD space :D

Speaking of which, I was going to try the demo just to test some performance n' such. It's 10GB. My HDD is already in the red... I hate cleaning up HDD space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

season pass for xbox is a 10 from russia my comrades

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

With the free enhanced update that we are all getting, will that include the DLC's? Can't check myself at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Kiith wrote: »
    With the free enhanced update that we are all getting, will that include the DLC's? Can't check myself at the moment.

No, the DLCs are part of the season pass as far as I can see.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Completely forgot about this game and it's on the list for myself and the brother to play co-op on. We were gonna buy it on the sales but I think we'll wait for this enhanced version instead now.

What's the co-op like nowadays, was there any changes / tweaks made to it since release? I know you can't play the ending together but that's not a biggie, was a shíte ending anways to a good game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

gonna hold out for the enhanced goty edition myself alright

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »

No, the DLCs are part of the season pass as far as I can see.

So if I want the game with all the content I should wait for the enhanced edition instead of buying the base game now? I saw some cheap prices on the base game with no DLC.

Advertisement