Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

So if I want the game with all the content I should wait for the enhanced edition instead of buying the base game now? I saw some cheap prices on the base game with no DLC.

If its cheaper to get the season pass and game now then go for it. If not wait for the enhanced edition. It's all down to the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

So I'd need base game + season pass to get the enhanced edition and have everything... Just confused because some season passes don't actually grant all the content to the game (Borderlands 2) but Dying Light's seems to.

I assume the new enhanced edition standalone purchase is going to be fully priced at 49.99 like the base game is on steam now? It might be cheaper to get it all now. I've done that before when games are about to get big free updates like this and its saved me a lot of money but I'm not so sure for this one.

Let's do the math.

Steam: Dying Light €49.99 + Season Pass €29.99 = €79.98

Other: Dying Light €14.49 + Season Pass €18.99 = €33.48

And assuming Ehanced Edition is priced the same as the original base game...

Enhanced Edition: €49.99

Steam compared to Other: LOSE €46.41

Steam compared to Enhanced Edition: LOSE €29.90

Other compared to Enhanced Edition: SAVE €16.51

Not exactly massive savings but still enought to consider. Better make a decision by the end of the week before Other prices spike since they're volatile and sensitive to these kinds of announcements but not as quick on the draw as a hawk-eyed bargain hunting poverty gamer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I'd get it quickly.

They announced that the season pass will go up in price shortly because It contains the new Dying Light expansion which ended up having more content than what was originally planned.

Really? If it went up by 10 quid it'd nearly be the same price as the game :l

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

To give credit to the developers and publishers here too, they've been engaged with the community from the off wrt the main game and the subsequent DLC that's coming and they're doing their damnedest to make sure that everyone is happy - I don't think you'll feel shafted buying this game + season pass.

Current lowest prices (via isthereanydeal.com which is included in the Enhanced Steam browser plug-in - you should really have it if you don't):

Game : Games Rocket : €23.49 : http://www.gamesrocket.com/download/Dying-Light-Be-the-Zombie-Edition.html?ref=516

Season Pass : Humble Store : €19.99 : https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/dyinglight_season_storefront

• Advertisement

Shiminay wrote: »
    To give credit to the developers and publishers here too, they've been engaged with the community from the off wrt the main game and the subsequent DLC that's coming and they're doing their damnedest to make sure that everyone is happy - I don't think you'll feel shafted buying this game + season pass.

Absolutely not. It's why I even considered this game. From the get-go it seemed really bad. Horrible tutorial, generic zombie plot, insufferable cutscenes, AAA open-world and
    QTE boss fight
    ... but in the end really does seem like a good FUN game with nice dose of violence and I'm really considering getting it tonight but not from the prices listed from isthereanydeal or the enhanced steam (which I use always) but from key resellers since I'm on a tight budget. Base game and season pass from two different sites... one of them is out of stock... wonder why *wink wink*

Edit: I just realised I should clarify why I changed my mind on the state of the game. Was a mix of their honest PR, dedication to improving the game and one lad in here posting stream highlights.
    and them sh*tting on Destiny DLC
    . And of course this most recent enhancement + DLC being given to their current dedicated supporters at no extra charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

So I'd need base game + season pass to get the enhanced edition and have everything... Just confused because some season passes don't actually grant all the content to the game (Borderlands 2) but Dying Light's seems to.

I assume the new enhanced edition standalone purchase is going to be fully priced at 49.99 like the base game is on steam now? It might be cheaper to get it all now. I've done that before when games are about to get big free updates like this and its saved me a lot of money but I'm not so sure for this one.

Let's do the math.

Steam: Dying Light €49.99 + Season Pass €29.99 = €79.98

Other: Dying Light €14.49 + Season Pass €18.99 = €33.48

And assuming Ehanced Edition is priced the same as the original base game...

Enhanced Edition: €49.99

Steam compared to Other: LOSE €46.41

Steam compared to Enhanced Edition: LOSE €29.90

Other compared to Enhanced Edition: SAVE €16.51

Not exactly massive savings but still enought to consider. Better make a decision by the end of the week before Other prices spike since they're volatile and sensitive to these kinds of announcements but not as quick on the draw as a hawk-eyed bargain hunting poverty gamer.

Good Lord. I'd hate to see you buying a car.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Ninja's don't buy cars silly!

Good Lord. I'd hate to see you buying a car.

I know jack sh*t about cars I'd just get a friend to help me :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Just bought the game, should be arriving before xmas, any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Rorok wrote: »
    Just bought the game, should be arriving before xmas, any tips?

If you have a heart condition dont go out at night ingame :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Is there any chance the price of season pass will drop a bit for xmas or January

Rorok wrote:
    Is there any chance the price of season pass will drop a bit for xmas or January

Doubt it, as they just increased the price 2 weeks ago

Does anyone know where to buy the season pass for Xbox one, (not online cause they're the actual price) I saw for the American amazon its only about €20 but that could be a bit dodgy buying from, is there any other websites or anything I could chdck

@Rorok just buy the following dlc, the rest thats in the pass isn't really worth it.

New trailer for The Following

@Rorok just buy the following dlc, the rest thats in the pass isn't really worth it.

New trailer for The Following

looking forward to this, are you still playing as Kyle Crane in this one? hard to tell from the trailer, I'd love if it was a continuation of that story.

looking forward to this, are you still playing as Kyle Crane in this one? hard to tell from the trailer, I'd love if it was a continuation of that story.

Yeah I was curious myself , and also couldn't tell if it was Crain so did some digging.

From their site:
    Dying Light: The Following is a massive expansion to Dying Light and the untold chapter of Kyle Crane’s story. Take to a vast new area that will transform your Dying Light experience through new game mechanics, environments and challenges on top of the established core of what made Dying Light a break away success for millions of players around the globe.

Players will again take the role of Kyle Crane, and will be thrown into Harran’s outback region, rife with the infected, where they’ll encounter a mysterious, and seemingly all-powerful cult, capable of changing the face of Dying Light’s world. To infiltrate and unravel dark secrets of The Following, Kyle Crane will need to face all-new challenges and use his abilities to the limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Myself and the brother started playing this last week, I cleared it when it was released but it's new to him and my first with the co-op.

It's great fun on co-op, definitely one of the better ones of the past few years and it's a great challenge on Hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Anyone here pass Bozak Horde? We got Trial 20, couldnt kill the big guy

• Advertisement

First 16 minutes of gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Really enjoying this game again on co-op though I forgot how awful some of the voice-acting is and how similar the a lot of NPCs look, almost twin-like :pac:

I liked the singleplayer but you really appreciate how good this game is when playing with others.

Won't be getting the DLC on release as we're picking through this game a bit at a time the odd night but will definitely be on the list.

havent watched the above clip, but theres a good one on ign showing the buggy

http://ie.ign.com/videos/2016/01/12/dying-lights-new-buggy-turns-zombies-into-roadkill

I wont spoil the surprise, but you'll definitely smile when he meets the night stalker...

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭XtraFalcon

Got this recently and have been playing through the co-op with a friend of mine. It's fun alright apart from the lockpicking and on current-gen (PS4 Xbox One) it looks amazing.

Nice to see that they got to add in some of their original ideas from Dead Island - Makes the game a little more fast paced and adds a kind of unique element to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

At higher levels is it easy to beat the night stalkers? I never go out after dark, the kill me every time I meet one.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

RonanP77 wrote: »
    At higher levels is it easy to beat the night stalkers? I never go out after dark, the kill me every time I meet one.

You're just not running fast enough:p

RonanP77 wrote: »

you need to get better weapons. check youtube for 'korek machete' I think that was the first one I got that let me take em down.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I killed one early on with molotovs and some melee. Was stuck inside the train warehouse doing a mission, and they came out once night fell. I was hiding inside one of the cars, and had a few sprinter zombies and a night stalker run at me. Managed to take one down before throwing down some flares and legging it. It was very enjoyable surviving that.

Kiith wrote: »
    I killed one early on with molotovs and some melee. Was stuck inside the train warehouse doing a mission, and they came out once night fell. I was hiding inside one of the cars, and had a few sprinter zombies and a night stalker run at me. Managed to take one down before throwing down some flares and legging it. It was very enjoyable surviving that.

The game does a fantastic job at getting your real life adrenaline going! there a great buzz when you manage to outrun 3 or 4 of them together.

• Advertisement

They really went all out for this dlc

Advertisement