Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Kiith wrote: »
    I killed one early on with molotovs and some melee. Was stuck inside the train warehouse doing a mission, and they came out once night fell. I was hiding inside one of the cars, and had a few sprinter zombies and a night stalker run at me. Managed to take one down before throwing down some flares and legging it. It was very enjoyable surviving that.

You can never go wrong with molotovs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

RonanP77 wrote: »
    At higher levels is it easy to beat the night stalkers? I never go out after dark, the kill me every time I meet one.

I wouldn't say it's easy, just not as intimidating. Still one of the best gaming experiences I had - Head out to the freedom bridge (afair that was what it was called?) just before dusk, stand on a bus loaded with mollys and UV flares, wait for the beeps and it's 'Come at me Bro' time :).

I just got the korek machete and Im loving it, slicing off zombies heads and limbs has never been easier ;)

Is there any great weapon for about 60%-70% through the game I've just
    stopped the ministry from fire-bombing harran

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Rorok wrote: »
    Is there any great weapon for about 60%-70% through the game I've just
    stopped the ministry from fire-bombing harran

I'm using the Katana. With mods its 399 damage. One slice and you chopping anything in half. I got it in the Hotel Quarantine in Old Town. Its in one of the blue GRE locked boxes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

The bozack bow is great fun, and once you max your level you can easily modify weapons to do 2K+ damage with King mods. At that point you really decimate everything. Really looking forward to the expansion.

The thing with this game as with a lot of coop online games is, its quite easy to dupe your weapons and mods. I'm waking around with 150 King mods, just to be sure I don't run out ^ ^.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

The bozack bow is great fun, and once you max your level you can easily modify weapons to do 2K+ damage with King mods. At that point you really decimate everything. Really looking forward to the expansion.

The thing with this game as with a lot of coop online games is, its quite easy to dupe your weapons and mods. I'm waking around with 150 King mods, just to be sure I don't run out ^ ^.

You get a bow???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

hefferboi wrote: »
    You get a bow???

You most certainly do, well, after running one of the hardest time based missions ever made. Then you can unlock fire / explosive and electric arrows by going in there and rerunning it. You also get tokens for very nice weapons in there too, so don't dispair!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Looking forward to playing this tomorrow. Will it be on the PS store after 12, or at some stage during the day tomorrow?

• Advertisement

I've go too much on my backlog and I finished the game about 2 weeks ago so Im going to wait a bit until I get the dlc

Here is a list of codes that can be redeemed at https://dockets.dyinglightgame.com/ for some unique top tier weapons

**Community Docket** - COLOSSALKIWI
    **Community Docket** - SIEFE
    **Community Docket** - TYPEMEIN
    **Community Docket** - G4BXIN98BA

**Premium Docket** - 15281102
    **Premium Docket** - IM51CK0FZ0MBI35
    **Premium Docket** - P3D4LT0TH3M3T4L
    **Premium Docket** - KVLOPSEW73NR
    **Premium Docket** - OAIUPG9UQBR5
    **Premium Docket** - 8FN32IGNSKFN
    **Premium Docket** - #TweetForSpeed
    **Premium Docket** - N9SFG3DG0XSB
    **Premium Docket** - CHATSNAP
    **Premium Docket** - N98FGSDG0ASB
    **Premium Docket** - SAYHITOPS4COMMUNITY
    **Premium Docket** - H4RR4NM4R47H0N
    **Premium Docket** - TH1RST1SR34L
    **Premium Docket** - HNF3HBGJT57S

These ones could be expired
    **2 Dockets** - FA7F121B93
    **1 Docket** - 6UJ9RFHG8KJ
    **1 Docket** - 97A0E8796D
    **1 Docket** - NQ4THDFBUH
    **1 Docket** - 16613204146
    **1 Docket** - PON42HTHBV
    **1 Docket** - R9ADFNHSGX
    **1 Docket** - DFBUIK7KLIU
    **1 Docket** - DE8746TYSU8
    **1 Docket** - DF6KUB798UN
    **1 Docket** - 8NF5DKTBV3
    **1 Docket** - GRE31SVNBOHFUDQH

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

17GB update :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Thanks for them Eoin

Of those, they all worked bar a couple at the end;
    **1 Docket** - HGPTRE48D9
    **1 Docket** - T97E8CH779
    **1 Docket** - QDFPB93B1W
    **1 Docket** - Q9HTP9EARH

Wossack wrote: »
    Thanks for them Eoin

Of those, they all worked bar a couple at the end;
    **1 Docket** - HGPTRE48D9
    **1 Docket** - T97E8CH779
    **1 Docket** - QDFPB93B1W
    **1 Docket** - Q9HTP9EARH

No problem, removed the codes. The dying light subreddit is where I found them all

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So are they like the Shift codes in Borderlands? You have access to some sort of magic whatsit that gives you pimped weapons?

Shiminay wrote: »
    So are they like the Shift codes in Borderlands? You have access to some sort of magic whatsit that gives you pimped weapons?

You go to the quartermaster to redeem them and depending on the type of code you will get unique top tier weapons of a specific grade

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

And the yellow ones being the most rare, usually lucky to receive one.

Came back to this game to prepare for the following and its just incredible how much fun it is... so much travelling though!

miralize wrote: »
    And the yellow ones being the most rare, usually lucky to receive one.

Came back to this game to prepare for the following and its just incredible how much fun it is... so much travelling though!

Yeah started playing again myself for an hour or two last weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Looking forward to jumping into this again tonight, haven't completed all the side missions from the vanilla game and said I'd wait until the DLC drops to hop back in.

• Advertisement

I tried to hop in with some friends and I couldn't remember any of the controls, but I was WAAAAAY over-leveled for what they were at and so would occasionally remember to swing a sword and decapitate whatever number of things were surrounding me whilst reading through menus :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I wonder if I switch the region to the US can I start the download.

*edit: Switched Xbox console region to US and Dying Light the following can be downloaded.

After the region switch you have go to the Dying Light game tile and press menu. Then go to manage game and you'll see the following ready to install.

After opening Dying Light there is a 17gb update. This is most likely the enhancements for the base game.

CaxPJ3JWAAA_z4D.jpg

Shiminay wrote: »
    I tried to hop in with some friends and I couldn't remember any of the controls, but I was WAAAAAY over-leveled for what they were at and so would occasionally remember to swing a sword and decapitate whatever number of things were surrounding me whilst reading through menus :D

I was the same, couldn't remember half the controls and lost three orange weapons by throwing them at one of the big zombies with a sledge hammer and then getting swarmed by zombies as I tried to change weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I wonder if I switch the region to the US can I start the download.

*edit: Switched Xbox console region to US and Dying Light the following can be downloaded.

After the region switch you have go to the Dying Light game tile and press menu. Then go to manage game and you'll see the following ready to install.

After opening Dying Light there is a 17gb update. This is most likely the enhancements for the base game.

Oh yeah nice. I had downloaded the 17gb update last night but never thought to look for the DLC. Downloading it now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Anyone tried out the new stuff? Is it a big improvement?

I was the same, couldn't remember half the controls and lost three orange weapons by throwing them at one of the big zombies with a sledge hammer and then getting swarmed by zombies as I tried to change weapon

Glad I'm not alone, it was made all the worse by the fact that my mates were chatting away on Skype and my mic wasn't behaving itself so I couldn't talk back! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

I thought this was out for everyone today. What's the logic behind European console user having to wait longer than everyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

First brown trouser moment of the new expansion!

xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stone%20Deaf%204evr/video/14636838

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

First brown trouser moment of the new expansion!

xboxdvr.com/gamer/Stone%20Deaf%204evr/video/14636838

You're lucky you got away. One jumped me and I drove into a barrel of highly flammable liquid because I couldn't see. I was insta killed.

Advertisement