Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

You're lucky you got away. One jumped me and I drove into a barrel of highly flammable liquid because I couldn't see. I was insta killed.

I wasn't sticking around once he started chasing, I thought you were right behind me!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Would you recommend this game?
    Its not something that piqued my interest when it cam out but ive seen a few streams of the new expansion and it looks like fun,how is the movement handled,clunky or intuitive?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

bigphil2 wrote: »
    Its not something that piqued my interest when it cam out but ive seen a few streams of the new expansion and it looks like fun,how is the movement handled,clunky or intuitive?

To me the movement is quite smooth, (not clunky at all) starting off you are underpowered, Parkour movement is restricted, but you level up quick enough and the game really opens up. if you play with friends it's an even better game. It was made for co-op imo. oh and I've got about 280 odd hours up on it. But I love Zombie games, and this, to me is the best one:cool: Just don't be going for a moonlit walk until you level up a good bit:D

Nice one,ill give a try when the ultimate edition is on sale on psn id say..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Nice one,ill give a try when the ultimate edition is on sale on psn id say..

Can be bought on Canadian store for around €44

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's a demo available on Steam at least. I presume the other platforms are the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

The following is fantastic. Even the zombie invasion mode is awesome in this. Driving full speed shooting from the back of the buggy to get away from the player that is the zombie.

A few things I just found out.

Press up on the D-pad to turn on the buggy lights.

If you are in the back seat press up with the left analog stick to stand to use your shooting weapons. Make sure you sit down when the driver hits some thing or you take damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Russian store is only €31.

Edit: Just saw you linked to the PS Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Somebody found Harry Potter's bedroom in The Following :pac: :DBABUEu2.jpg?1

I downloaded the demo and had quick mess about,its very nicely done,hard as though,i imagine a bit of practice with the parkour will make it a bit less tricky when there are groups of zombies up in your face..

Id say ill pick this up alright.. reminds me of Far cry..

• Advertisement

I downloaded the demo and had quick mess about,its very nicely done,hard as though,i imagine a bit of practice with the parkour will make it a bit less tricky when there are groups of zombies up in your face..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's hard at the start until you level up and unlock more moves and skills, you also get stronger and more stamina so you can swing weapons for longer.

At low levels you are afraid to head out at night, it's only when you level up a bit you feel brave enough to try and at least out run them at night.

I think it's the best zombie game going and the amount of free stuff added over the last year in patches is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

If I had one piece of advice, go out at night as early as you can in the game, you will never forget that adrenaline rush :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

tony1980 wrote: »
    If I had one piece of advice, go out at night as early as you can in the game, you will never forget that adrenaline rush :D

That first night :D

Played a bit last night, did the investigate the noises from the well mission.

I'll put it this way, it's not what you want to be seeing at 3am when you're tired after a week's work. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

On ps4 here is anyone having any issues with missing textures while playing the following ? I notice a few loot boxes and roads do not have the proper textures just blank. Would a reinstall fix this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

were do i get the bow in the following dlc??

im aware you get one for completing bozak dlc but im not putting myself through that iv read its tough.

there is a bow to pick up somewere in the following right???

biggebruv wrote: »

im aware you get one for completing bozak dlc but im not putting myself through that iv read its tough.

There was one for sale at the gas station.

On ps4 here is anyone having any issues with missing textures while playing the following ? I notice a few loot boxes and roads do not have the proper textures just blank. Would a reinstall fix this?

Xbox one used to have an issue like that if you left the console in standby or instant on mode. Try exiting the game completely, fully power down the console and launch it again and see how you get on.

biggebruv wrote: »

I bought it off the vendor in the village full of the people you have to help.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

This is great so far. I'm really impressed with how satisfying the driving is.

I forgot how good this game is, having not played it since early last year. Absolutely loving The Following! :D

I dug out my neglected CronusMax device & discovered they have some sweet mods for Dying Light, auto lockpicking being the most useful. That's the 1 mod I was thinking I'd install straight away if I was playing on PC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Do I have to finish the main story to unlock the following?

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I forgot how good this game is, having not played it since early last year. Absolutely loving The Following! :D

I dug out my neglected CronusMax device & discovered they have some sweet mods for Dying Light, auto lockpicking being the most useful. That's the 1 mod I was thinking I'd install straight away if I was playing on PC :)
    I love the lock picking. Especially the pressure ones where zombies are coming and you have to try to get it open quickly while your team mates hold them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,097 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I love the lock picking. Especially the pressure ones where zombies are coming and you have to try to get it open quickly while your team mates hold them back.

It's not single player? For some reason I thought it was :D

Next, you're going to be telling me you enjoy washing up :rolleyes:

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Next, you're going to be telling me you enjoy washing up :rolleyes:

Hmmmm,

man-washing-dishes-110513-400x300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Iluvjazzmasters

Hmm tried clearing ps4 cache still same problem. Anyone have any other ideas or will I have to bite the bullet and reinstall??

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭goon_magee

How yas lads, PS4 player here feel free to add me, goon_magee is the username, few of ya might know me from the boards destiny clan, not sure how much crossover there is between this thread and that one.

Like I said add away, looking for co op buds for clearing volatile nests, freaks of nature etc..

Btw, any PS4 players know if there is a boards chat set up on psn for dying light? Similar to the one we use for destiny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I died about 50 times cause i can't remember a thing, enjoying it so far looks massive for dlc.

Advertisement