Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Lock-picking is a piece of piss on the PC - we have a mouse... :D

I was hoping to get stuck into this at the weekend, but circumstances conspired against me (cause I spent Saturday in the pub watching rugby all day with a friend and then yesterday was spent in shaky recovery :P). All I was fit for was the slow pace of XCom 2. Might get stuck in this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Lock picking would be better if there was a way to tell which side to go on, like if its blue it means these locks are usually opened on the left and green means right etc etc, or if it had something to do with the nails on the side

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Rorok wrote: »
    Lock picking would be better if there was a way to tell which side to go on, like if its blue it means these locks are usually opened on the left and green means right etc etc, or if it had something to do with the nails on the side

Saw this on reddit, works sometimes and only applies to if using controller. Lost plenty of lockpicks myself too.

When lock picking, and your controller begins to vibrate at you telling you that you are in the incorrect spot, pay attention to which side the controller is vibrating. If its vibrating to the left, move the pick to the left. If its vibrating to the right, move the pick to the right.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Saw this on reddit, works sometimes and only applies to if using controller. Lost plenty of lockpicks myself too.

When lock picking, and your controller begins to vibrate at you telling you that you are in the incorrect spot, pay attention to which side the controller is vibrating. If its vibrating to the left, move the pick to the left. If its vibrating to the right, move the pick to the right.

of all the locks I've picked in that game, I've never noticed that, you learn something new every day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

of all the locks I've picked in that game, I've never noticed that, you learn something new every day!
    Very interesting indeed.

*runs to pick lock.

Nice tip Eoin.

• Advertisement

Very interesting indeed.

*runs to pick lock.

Nice tip Eoin.
    No problem.

Good guide for buggy parts and weapon blueprints
    http://www.gosunoob.com/dying-light/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Lock pikcing is annoying but I think I have it figured out for PC.

There are only 4 locations per easy/med/hard you can check them with one lock.

Ie hard is 8oclock 11 o clock 1 oc clock 4 oclock assuming the lock is a clock.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Played some good co-op with Tony tonight.

We set off to accomplish an objective. Of course we got side tracked and 30 minutes later I ask where did we park the cars :)

Umm, dunno!

z9hqd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

4 new community maps have been added to console:

• Advertisement

Dying light is getting a rocket league dlc and vice versa http://ie.ign.com/articles/2016/03/11/dying-light-gets-rocket-league-dlc-and-vice-versa

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Dying Light appears on DRM-free platform GOG... with DRM. https://www.gog.com/game/dying_light_the_following_enhanced_edition

Incoming damage control.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Dying Light appears on DRM-free platform GOG... with DRM. https://www.gog.com/game/dying_light_the_following_enhanced_edition

Incoming damage control.

The description says drm free?

The description says drm free?

They said that for every game, it's supposed to be their niche. However...

OwiwZ8T.png
    iHpzE6b.png
    DRM-Free. No activation or online connection required to play.
    OPTIONAL CLIENT
    Multiplayer is availble only between GOG Galaxy users

Heh, I guess it's optional and DRM-Free alright. Just like the parts of the game you have now optioned and DRM-free'd yourself out of by not using a closed-source, account-based client. :D

Would've preferred just typing "connect (IPaddress)" to hook up with a friend. Could've avoided all of this mess.

Think if someone wants to play MP they should be forced to use a DRM that has a TOS.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Think if someone wants to play MP they should be forced to use a DRM that has a TOS.

Why?

Why?

Because you are joining a grouping of other players, 99.99999% of them have it on steam and have accepted the TOS for playing online.

Why should someone exist in our gaming group that did not accept the steam TOS.

If a DRM Free dying light MP is to exist those who own it should only be allowed play with the other DRM free people ie GOG players.

As far as I know, the GOG players are on their own and not playing with steam. But why would you desire that? Isn't platform unity a good thing? I mean I play Terraria with Mac, Linux, and Windows users, DRM free across to the steam users. It's awesome.

As long as there's a direct IP connect or user's hosting their own servers then it shouldn't really matter, right? If the only option the game has is official servers then that's pretty bad.

As far as I know, the GOG players are on their own and not playing with steam. But why would you desire that? Isn't platform unity a good thing? I mean I play Terraria with Mac, Linux, and Windows users, DRM free across to the steam users. It's awesome.

As long as there's a direct IP connect or user's hosting their own servers then it shouldn't really matter, right? If the only option the game has is official servers then that's pretty bad.

Dying Light on Steam has VAC banning, it would not work with you playing without agreeing to VAC Tos? Its best DRM free lads are kept to themselves.

I never really got the anti DRM free thing I have loads of DRM free games that I need to login to GOG or other website to retrieve the DL link.

The download link has absolutely nothing to do with DRM. You obviously need an account to be able to buy the games in the first place and have a library unless you want to temporary buy and have temporary download time for the game like on dlsite.com. DRM would be restrictions placed within the game after the fact of you buying them, which so far none of the games I've bought on GOG have had. DRM would be elements that prevent you from launching the game or accessing or using it in a certain way, to its full potential, place or time, enforced by a key or client. The galaxy client is 3rd party software to the game which facilitates the online, it needs an account and needs to be active otherwise aspects of the game are disabled. This is fine if there's only official servers but as I said before I want the ability to just be able to direct connect with a friend. Some on the forums are saying the LAN doesn't need galaxy while others are saying it does. So you couldn't even setup a LAN party and install the game on multiple machines unless you logged into each galaxy client with the same details... which I'm not sure is possible. Or buy the game a few times which is akin to limited installs... a DRM practice.

All in all it's definitely not the usual routine with DRM-free games. Where there's smoke...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

"Hello survivors. We have an airdrop for you. CODE: All-For-One. Please redeem this code at dockets.dyinglightgame.com"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    "Hello survivors. We have an airdrop for you. CODE: All-For-One. Please redeem this code at dockets.dyinglightgame.com"

Does the give dlc for the main game or what?

Nvm its weapons

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

declan2693 wrote: »
    Does the give dlc for the main game or what?

I presume it's for dockets which are redeemed for ingame items from vendors.

Randomer joined my game the other day, Id say he was shocked to find out I hadn't got any gold/oraange/yellow weapons and he gave me a golden sledgehammer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭dereks

Finally got around to finishing this.

Really didn't like it.

Found it so tedious and the story imo was very poor.

Rare I don't like a zombie game, the qte at the end really tipped me over the edge with this and sweet baby jebus the endless lockpicking!

Here's an idea, you learn a lockpicking skill as you advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Some awesome news regarding free DLC;

Dying Light will get ten more pieces of free DLC over the next 12 months
    The DLC will include new locations, quests, enemies, and weapons.

The zombie-survival game Dying Light was first released in early 2015, which means that in videogame terms it's getting pretty long in the tooth. But Techland isn't letting it go. The studio announced today that it will release ten more pieces of DLC for the game over the next 12 months, all of it free.

"Almost three years after the original Dying Light was released, about half a million people still play the game every week. In the very first months on the market in 2015, the weekly numbers were around 700,000. This shows that our community is still huge, active, and craving for more," Techland CEO Paweł Marchewka said. "Today I’m happy to announce Techland’s continuous support for Dying Light."

The new DLC will include "new locations, story-driven quests, gameplay mechanics, weapons, enemies, and more." Techland said it will also continue to balance and tweak the game through future gameplay updates, and promised more frequent community events as well. It's also got a new "dedicated community platform" in the works that will give fans a say about the direction of future content development.

"As we firmly believe in active collaboration between the design team and players, we hope this announcement will encourage our fans to share their thoughts, stories, and ideas about how we can improve their experience even more," Marchewka said.

The first piece of new Dying Light content will arrive "in the coming weeks," but even though it will be free it apparently isn't one of the promised ten freebies: The studio described it as "a taste of the new things coming to the game, before the '10 free DLCs in 12 months' campaign fully launches later this year."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just saw this vid today about the free dlc. Has me very tempted to get the Enhanced edition as I never played The Following. I see it's on sale on PSN for 20 quid until mid August as well.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just saw this vid today about the free dlc. Has me very tempted to get the Enhanced edition as I never played The Following. I see it's on sale on PSN for 20 quid until mid August as well.

The Following was a great DLC, map was huge and the dune buggy was very fun to use

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Great too see there still supporting the game strongly.

Advertisement