Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dying Light

Options

Comments

Great too see there still supporting the game strongly.

At this point I'd rather they were working on a follow up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

At this point I'd rather they were working on a follow up

They probably are hard at work at it I'd say ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Well that's a nice bit of good news. I've been looking for something to get stuck into again, and i haven't played this since release, so haven't played The Following. Think i'll pick up the Enhanced Edition this weekend, they really are showing how to support a game tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

is all the dlc free now? should I buy the standard or the one with the season pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

is all the dlc free now? should I buy the standard or the one with the season pass?

You can only get enhanced edition now which includes the following dlc along with all other dlc. Currently 19.99 on PSN Store

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Bought it on PSN yesterday instead of ME: Andromeda. Initial impressions are it's a very polished Dead Island. Walloping zombies feels satisfying, free-running isn't Mirror's Edge levels but still good. Haven't actually got to night-time yet where I hear things get crazy.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Bought it on PSN yesterday instead of ME: Andromeda. Initial impressions are it's a very polished Dead Island. Walloping zombies feels satisfying, free-running isn't Mirror's Edge levels but still good. Haven't actually got to night-time yet where I hear things get crazy.

Yeah the first time you venture out at night is nerve racking

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've been playing Horizon recently and kinda wish I got Dying Light instead. I cleared it before and traded it but the Following dlc does look good as well as the bozard horde mode. I never really touched the co-op or the 'be the zombie' mode even though they looked like a laugh. I'd prefer it physical but can't see the enhanced edition go for below 35 on PS4 so might just go with the digital edition.

Edit: Also yes, night time is so class. I remember the first time getting stuck out, sheer adrenaline getting me back to the safe house.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I've been playing Horizon recently and kinda wish I got Dying Light instead.

Ah now! Both deserve to be had, but i wouldn't put DL over HZD... But that's my opinion and all that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I gave up on HZD after a few hours. Just wasn't doing it for me. I loved Dying Light though.

• Advertisement

Ah now! Both deserve to be had, but i wouldn't put DL over HZD... But that's my opinion and all that!

:D Ah I'm still early in HZD but I'm finidng it a bit boring (i know, I know). At the moment, I'm just playing through looking forward to trading it for Yakuza Kiwami at the end of August but all the talk of Dying Light recently has my mind wandering off Horizon.

anybody play the Bozak horde, I think its 3.99 on PSN. Still have the original game along with the following DLC and am tempted to get back into the game

anybody play the Bozak horde, I think its 3.99 on PSN. Still have the original game along with the following DLC and am tempted to get back into the game

It sounds like a great concept to me (trapped in a Saw like escape maze) but I've read people complaining it's too hard, sounds like a co-op experience. Apparently, you get the best bow in the game for clearing it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The first free DLC, Content Drop #0 has been released on PC and will be available on consoles in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

NUTZZ wrote: »
    The first free DLC, Content Drop #0 has been released on PC and will be available on consoles in September.

Hmmm might have go loud to kill a goon in old town, not something I would opt in for :eek:

Would like to kill a goon tho.

Picked it up in the psn sale, thank God my old save file worked. Completely forgot how to play so went back into regular campaign even though I had it cleared. Turns out I have a **** ton of sidequests to do. I honestly forgot how deadly the zombies were. I got caught in a corner a few times and got killed. Still pursuing x to jump but getting there. In about 30 minutes of just arsing around, I've had more fun than the last 4 hours of Horizon.

Gonna jump into The Following next. Forgot how good the game was.

Picked it up in the psn sale, thank God my old save file worked. Completely forgot how to play so went back into regular campaign even though I had it cleared. Turns out I have a **** ton of sidequests to do. I honestly forgot how deadly the zombies were. I got caught in a corner a few times and got killed. Still pursuing x to jump but getting there. In about 30 minutes of just arsing around, I've had more fun than the last 4 hours of Horizon.

Gonna jump into The Following next. Forgot how good the game was.

Yeah started it up again last night still good fun. Was in the slums at night being chased by volatiles and couldn't see anything. Wasn't til I was in a tunnel that I realised I had a torch. The following is massive and is great fun once you get the buggy

Yep I couldn't find the torch, was using the uv light but knew it wasn't. Right :) found it during the day, typical!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Do people actually go out during the night? Because feck that.

Tried exploring one night and I was getting jumped by super fast zombies constantly. In bed by 8:30 every night from now on!

Tried exploring one night and I was getting jumped by super fast zombies constantly. In bed by 8:30 every night from now on!

Yeah, at the start, night times are a no go. Once you start building up your skills, notably your agility to run/climb faster, you can start venturing out. Soon enough, you go out at night just to hunt the super fast zombies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Yeah, at the start, night times are a no go. Once you start building up your skills, notably your agility to run/climb faster, you can start venturing out. Soon enough, you go out at night just to hunt the super fast zombies :)

You can go out when you like, just keep an eye on your mini map, which shows where the Zeds are looking. Once you get some good mods and weapons, it's choppy choppy time and don't forget that traps are great for mass murder.

Bozak is brilliant fun indeed and very addictive and the explosive arrows are imba.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

My favorite part of the game was going out at night looking for a chase off the Volatiles and trying to lure them into a trap if there was a few of us playing, really got the adrenaline going, such a fun game!

Still didn't start the following as I've been finding really interesting side quests. Got caught out at night, thought at end game it wouldn't be an issue, a group of volatiles chased me all the way back to a safe house with a sliver of health, was brilliant. Definitely starting the following tonight.

If anyone sees me on, send an invite sheehy83 (ps4) if ye fancy doing the bozak yoke or just some parkour shenanigans.

The Following is fairly epic! Great and intriguing start. Just got the buggy and spinning around. Driving feels really good and weighty. Got out at one point to have a look at something, got swarmed by zombies and had to leg it through a field, felt very 28 weeks later.

Is there just the one car you get? Just want to know whether to upgrade as soon as I can or keep upgrades for a better car?

Only thing missing in this is build your own compound.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

The Following is fairly epic! Great and intriguing start. Just got the buggy and spinning around. Driving feels really good and weighty. Got out at one point to have a look at something, got swarmed by zombies and had to leg it through a field, felt very 28 weeks later.

Is there just the one car you get? Just want to know whether to upgrade as soon as I can or keep upgrades for a better car?

Only thing missing in this is build your own compound.
    Just one car, upgrade it as fast as you can. The following is epic. (As is the base game) one of the few I'd replay again in its entirety.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Following is a near full game, very good too.

Introduces hives, which are difficult to kill.

Wish I had played this when it was out, so good. Yeah I just picked up flyers about clearing out the hives, sounds like a nightmare! I love the fact that you have to repair the buggy and scavenge fuel. That quest at three start about getting water back on, I thought that was gonna be a go here, press button, come back. It was, but it was so epic. At the water plant, I jumped into a pit to get away from the gun fire before realising who I was in there with. Then then race along the water line with pumping music, class stuff.

Bought the bozak horde dlc, yeah you definitely can't do it on your own. Way too many virals surrounding you at once

Bought the bozak horde dlc, yeah you definitely can't do it on your own. Way too many virals surrounding you at once

Tough as nails man. Gave up at trial 3 and went back to the following.

To play this in co-op, would ye have to meet up with invites in the main game and then someone activate the Bozak poster?

• Advertisement

Tough as nails man. Gave up at trial 3 and went back to the following.

To play this in co-op, would ye have to meet up with invites in the main game and then someone activate the Bozak poster?

Yeah I think it's like that. So you would join somebody's game and then they would activate the mission. The game will be scaled to the host player so if you are a level 25 player joining a level 15 player, all enemies are scaled to level 15

Advertisement